ADVERTISEMENT

2017 College Football Street & Smith Predications

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
That time of year again.TSN is no longer associated with Street and Smith.

B1G West
1) Wisconsin
2) Iowa
3) Nebraska
4) Northwestern
5) Minnesota
6) Illinois
7) Purdue

B1G East
1) tOSU
2) Penn St
3) Michigan
4) Michigan St
5) Maryland
6) Indiana
7) Rutgers

Arkansas St 3rd in the Sunbelt conference.Oregon 5th in the Pac 12 North ( this raised my eyebrows). Northern Illinois 3rd MAC West.

Rated:tOSU, Penn St and Michigan in the top 10 Wisconsin 12.

Bowl game: They predict Nebraska in the Gator Bowl against Arkansas.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Same as last year in the B1G West, except they're switching around Northwestern and Minnesota.

They obviously aren't buying into Northwestern hype. Not sure why they are so high on Iowa. I find the prediction of meeting Arkansas in a bowl game interesting, mainly because it seems like at some point every year we are projected to meet them in a bowl game and we never do(not since the 60s, at least),

Every year in the summer hope springs eternal that this year will be different. Then we are disappointed in the fall and suffer one more year of irrelevance.

However, this year I "hope" we will see a significant difference. We maybe will lose some heartbreakers, and maybe even get woodshedded a time or two, but I look forward to the things that drive me crazy being mitigated. The team seemed to get a handle on penalties and turnovers last year. This year we have a QB that fits the system. If he gets hurt we have another who fits the system. The line has some depth and the backups seem to have enough want to that the starters better stay sharp. We appear to have a DC the players believe in, which I think was a big problem with Banker. I think Tre will be a very good back. I wish we were a little deeper at WR and had a dominate TE.

I look to this team to come out early in games and score and for the D to play well enough so the offense can keep the lead. If that happens we should be fine against IA and WI and will have a chance against tOSU and PSU. The first two games will tell us a lot.

They obviously aren't buying into Northwestern hype. Not sure why they are so high on Iowa. I find the prediction of meeting Arkansas in a bowl game interesting, mainly because it seems like at some point every year we are projected to meet them in a bowl game and we never do(not since the 60s, at least),

I don't know if Street&Smith know that the B1G doesn't want the same team to go to the same bowl the next year (unless the New Years 6 or playoffs) but they also have Iowa going back to the Outback Bowl.

Like you I have noticed predictions of us playing Arkansas in a bowl game the last 3 years.

I think NW is undervalued. They might very well finish 2nd. Unfortunately, I think Wisconsin almost runs away with the thing because of the schedule mainly.

That time of year again.TSN is no longer associated with Street and Smith.

B1G West
1) Wisconsin
2) Iowa
3) Nebraska
4) Northwestern
5) Minnesota
6) Illinois
7) Purdue

B1G East
1) tOSU
2) Penn St
3) Michigan
4) Michigan St
5) Maryland
6) Indiana
7) Rutgers

Arkansas St 3rd in the Sunbelt conference.Oregon 5th in the Pac 12 North ( this raised my eyebrows). Northern Illinois 3rd MAC West.

Rated:tOSU, Penn St and Michigan in the top 10 Wisconsin 12.

Bowl game: They predict Nebraska in the Gator Bowl against Arkansas.

I like our QB situation a LOT more than Iowa's but once again would prefer their oline. I think we surprise this year. We haven't had this ability to pass the football since Joe Ganz who was just a flat out baller, all 5'3" of him. I think our lack of depth at WR will show but I have to think teams will have to play us more honest.

ADVERTISEMENT