ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Rivals 100 prospects that we have a chance of landing...

HuskerBorn

Junior
Oct 23, 2009
who would be your dream commit? Mine is QB KJ Costello from Johnny Stanton's high school. Kid is #25 on the Rivals 100 and i believe has had contact from Riley. I had heard he had some interest in the Huskers, but it doesn't look like we have offered??

Rashaun Gary DT - New Jersey

Number 1 prospect on a few of the rankings.

Originally posted by HuskerBorn:
who would be your dream commit? Mine is QB KJ Costello from Johnny Stanton's high school. Kid is #25 on the Rivals 100 and i believe has had contact from Riley. I had heard he had some interest in the Huskers, but it doesn't look like we have offered??
Riley is in a little bit of a pickle in the QB department. He has I believe 5 scholarship QBs on the roster right now and NONE of them graduate next year. Granted I'm not sure if ANY of them are what he wants and he probably won't know until after spring ball. He has been very clear about how important he views scholarship distribution and he supposedly has said he only wants to take a scholarship QB every other year. Right now according to that he already probably has 1-2 more QBs on the roster than he wants to carry on scholarship. IF he offers a QB its because he thinks he can play early and be a difference maker.

Originally posted by headcard:
I think Costello is an OSU/Rutgers battle.
R
Rivals shows several other QBs with offers, but I don't know if that is residue from Beck or if they still stand. Costello doesn't have one according to Rivals, and the other guys are maybe athletes that they were looking at for other positions.

Rutgers? Why? I could see that if the kid was from NJ. But SoCal to northern NJ to play at a commuter college.Baffling.

Originally posted by mattwstash:

Michigan or USC. Costello is not gonna be a Husker.
Considering that Riley hasn't offered him, I would venture that you're right that he won't be a Husker.

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR
travolta-lost.gif

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT