ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Recruiting Targets Lost to Clemson

huskerbr12

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 3, 2007
The last image I saw last night before I turned off the tv was 2016 Nebraska recruiting target Isaiah Simmons walking off the field...

Got me thinking of three guys we could have used this year. From what I can gather Anchrum played in a back-up role, and Simmons and Kelley redshirted. Think Nebraska could have used them?

73 Tremayne Anchrum OL 6-3/290 Freshman HS Geology Powder Springs, GA
one time silent commit

11 Isaiah Simmons DB 6-4/215 Freshman HS Undeclared Olathe, KS
KW pushed hard

22 Xavier Kelly DL 6-5/255 Freshman HS Undeclared Wichita, KS
Don't think Nebraska was ever in the picture, but is a 500 mile radius guy

And follow-up question, what's better: redshirting on a national championship team or playing and earning freshman all-conference?

The last image I saw last night before I turned off the tv was 2016 Nebraska recruiting target Isaiah Simmons walking off the field...

Got me thinking of three guys we could have used this year. From what I can gather Anchrum played in a back-up role, and Simmons and Kelley redshirted. Think Nebraska could have used them?

73 Tremayne Anchrum OL 6-3/290 Freshman HS Geology Powder Springs, GA
one time silent commit

11 Isaiah Simmons DB 6-4/215 Freshman HS Undeclared Olathe, KS
KW pushed hard

22 Xavier Kelly DL 6-5/255 Freshman HS Undeclared Wichita, KS
Don't think Nebraska was ever in the picture, but is a 500 mile radius guy

And follow-up question, what's better: redshirting on a national championship team or playing and earning freshman all-conference?
And 2 years from now Bama fans will be watching Gebbia, KJJ, and Guy Thomas walking off the field wondering what might have been if they had taken Bama's offer instead of NU's. :)

Just according to the kids preferences. Some will chase a ring right off the bat and some would rather be guaranteed playing time off the bat. Still gotta go hard after the top flight kids though, we'll land a couple and then it will get easier to get more.

Reactions: huskerbr12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT