ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Huskers vs. Ducks

Cloud@Heart

Senior
Aug 13, 2005
Helena, MT
I had forgotten how close that game was...... And how both teams had terrible moments, big plays, questionable play calls, and late game heroics. Glad Nebraska prevailed, even though both teams scored 5 TDs!

What a great game at the time. Their season record kind of put a dent on that game, but regardless of their record, that duck team had talent on the offensive side.

They also had several key injuries in that game. Some for the reason if I remember correctly.

I like to think we broke Oregon.

Reactions: dockentwo
Royce Freeman was explosive and Nebraska didn't really have an answer for him last season until he was hurt. Even then, their backup RB had quite a bit of success. This is where I'm really hopeful the defensive side shores things up. Oregon will be a tough game this year, no matter what anyone says about their record last year. Once a team has a few things go against them, it's not uncommon to have the wheels fall off and a lack of effort. We've seen that here at Nebraska.

They have a dynamic QB and a Heisman-caliber RB. Granted, their defensive woes will likely not be "fixed" over an off-season, but I expect this to be another close game.

Reactions: dockentwo
ADVERTISEMENT