ADVERTISEMENT

2016 D Lineman Observation

gd81

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2015
Husker fans love having Parella back. No question about that but I'm curious why our DL don't get their hands up and knock down some passes. I don't recall one knock down last year. Anyone know for sure that stat. Hope that changes this year.

Yeah, why didnt they knock more passes down!?
All you gotta do is put your arms up and viola! Down goes the pass. Dont they know that? :rolleyes:

Reactions: maplesyrup95
When the ball is snapped...maybe the defensive lineman can do the wave. Would that help? Winking

I don't think we have knocked down many since Suh and Crick. They both had a knack for it, of course the were both great DL too.

Reactions: TFrazier
You do realize position coaches teach what their coordinator dictates?
So..... the legend who played here, was directed by Banker to have his guys not try and knock down passes. And he just went with it, because he doesn't want to help the team win.
Sounds accurate. Must have missed those interviews where that was stated

I don't think we have knocked down many since Suh and Crick. They both had a knack for it, of course the were both great DL too.
This is true. We may have more natural ability to penetrate and jump again with the twins. I do remember they were really teaching it then, remember how they tried with kicks also. Were some rule changes about that time. Since

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT