ADVERTISEMENT

2016: 7 Scholly QBs

..Riley's extreme like of experience, is kind of why I see the slow burn going forward. I just don't see him throwing TA overboard as a senior unless TA becomes Joe Dailey this year. But that would mean NU isn't off to a great start, and any move towards Wilson/O'Brien then, would be basically a firefighting effort, rather than a move towards a puncher's chance at a title...

The experience factor for Riley is still guiding my opinion, until I see something different.

Rather than Joe Dailey, I prefer the Ruddock/BeatHard comparison that Iowa just provided us. Ruddock wasn't bad, he just wasn't good. TA is not bad, he just isn't a good passer (meaning TA isn't a passing statistical leader). Can TA get to be a good passer, or even a good enough passer to keep his job? Ballparking, 65% completion for good, 60% for good enough (with low INT's)? I would love to be wrong, but I don't see that kind of improvement happening. I don't believe Rome has to be burning to see potential changes brewing. If we are winning games by a very close margin, in spite of a lackluster passing game, will a first-year coaching staff start to weigh/begin implementing a different option (and will there be a viable better option)? That is the question that will be answered after the season is underway.

Stanton will not be here in August. I bet Fyfe will be gone in December.

QB's here for 2016 spring ball
Armstrong
Bush
Darlington

Spinner4 had some great thoughts on the o-line. The article I referred too, was ranking the B1G qb's and stating the o-lines they would have available to help them accomplish their goals. It was a WH article; I don't remember the source who ranked the lines : but they were quoting someone and the line ratings, B1G and national ratings for the next year. N was ranked as having the # 108 O- line for next year. I found that flabbergasting. Not sure what too say; essentially in the bottom 5%; this wasn't so last year; and expect we will be at least in the top 50 o-lines this year. Lots of upside. GBR

Stanton will not be here in August. I bet Fyfe will be gone in December.

QB's here for 2016 spring ball
Armstrong
Bush
Darlington
It seems like we will have a very talented qb core for Spring of 2016 then. If we are willing too play more than two qb's , and the " hot hand"; we will really dangerous. We could use TA's talents and let others gain experience and show case areas others don't excell at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT