ADVERTISEMENT

2010 Missouri.

Great game, great description of their defense. "The Fist". At 35:20.

Next play, Helu runs 73 through "The Fist".

Loved that description, then Helu running untouched through it.
That and Blaine Gabbert got piss pounded.
I thought we had a championship team that year, but Taylor got hurt.

Helu is underrated. Loved that game.

Taylor got hurt - ankle IIRC - just before halftime. He damn near needed help getting off the field. On the sideline it was obvious he was in serious pain.

Mizzou did nothing on their possession and NU took over. Why Pelini had Taylor come back in for the last meaningless possession is still a mystery to me. He was on one foot and still in the game. Why?

Reactions: tpmcg and jeans1515
Taylor got hurt - ankle IIRC - just before halftime. He damn near needed help getting off the field. On the sideline it was obvious he was in serious pain.

Mizzou did nothing on their possession and NU took over. Why Pelini had Taylor come back in for the last meaningless possession is still a mystery to me. He was on one foot and still in the game. Why?
Changed a championship season.

We may have blownout OU in the Big 12 championship game if Taylor was healthy.

Nebraska had the 39th ranked scoring offense in 2010. Amazing how that sounds like a nearly impossible feat to achieve based off of the last several seasons of 79th, 84th, 54th, and 101st.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
We would have at least stood a better chance.. If he played like he did in the 2012 Big 10 CCG, no question the results of that game would have been much different..
A lot of plays just werent available to us.

The turnovers killed us.

If t magic doesn’t get hurt in this game, he would have been a heisman finalist, and bo would still be here. #bolieve

Reactions: BigTimeFan75
I remember sitting in the front row at NU, and Helu going off over and over. One of the best memories in person
If you watch it again, watch the Mizzou Safety come running up toward the line every time Helu scored.

Why the Mizzou defensive coaches didn’t take that guy to school was bad coaching.

In the aftermath of the TD, the director switched to a shot of two Mizzou fans. One clearly says to the other, "There had to be a hold." :D

ADVERTISEMENT