ADVERTISEMENT

20 games into the Frost Era

Held, Fisher, and Verdu. They're about it. Chins maybe first, and I've been one to stick up for him all this time...

We are 8-12. It is panic time. Frost must make major changes to his staff.
This defense is straight terrible.

Only 2 power 5 teams held under 30 points in his two years here.(those were the worst offensive teams in the BIG, MSU & NW)

If you’d flash forward from Bob Diaco to here, you’d think he was retained.

Bo and Riley were 13-7
Callahan was 10-10

This is bad.

Firing coaches, bad recruiting, players not developing under Riley, and other things is what has lead us to what we are this season. I'll worry about Frost's record in about 3 years. Right now we have guys on defense that can't even get a sack. Nelson will be a good linebacker but he is the only one playing linebacker that has any potential. The other linebackers that are playing will not even get a sniff with a camp tryout for the NFL.

Bo and Riley were 13-7
Callahan was 10-10

This is bad.
Derp...Callahan took over a team that went 10-3, Bo took over 2 top 10 recruiting classes, Riley took over a team that had won 9 games in 6 straight seasons....Frost took over a team 4-8 team that lost to Northern Illinois and gave up 56 ppg in its last 4...if you can't see improvement youngest level then you are stupid and blind. As Frost has said many times...his good players are young...and his older players can't lead and accept losing. These are the same guys that were laughing on the sidelines in 2017 after being beaten by an average of 37 ppg in their last 4 games...these are the same guys that cheer a big hit when they are losing by 3 scores. You need to suck it up and be a good fan, and you will be repaid for your patience.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Derp...Callahan took over a team that went 10-3, Bo took over 2 top 10 recruiting classes, Riley took over a team that had won 9 games in 6 straight seasons....Frost took over a team 4-8 team that lost to Northern Illinois and gave up 56 ppg in its last 4...if you can't see improvement youngest level then you are stupid and blind. As Frost has said many times...his good players are young...and his older players can't lead and accept losing. These are the same guys that were laughing on the sidelines in 2017 after being beaten by an average of 37 ppg in their last 4 games...these are the same guys that cheer a big hit when they are losing by 3 scores. You need to suck it up and be a good fan, and you will be repaid for your patience.
I understand he started from the bottom, but if we're paying top 15 money should we be getting outcoached by the likes of PJ Fleck and Tom Allen? I don't think so. I like Scott I think he's our best bet to turn it around, his staff however needs changes.

We’re bad and we’re paying Scott too much to get this poor record and performance. I’m not calling for Frost to be fired because he’s doing a lot of great things but he’s gotta make changes at the DC and ST position coaches. We’re almost 3 years in and we’re an embarrassment in those two areas.
How are we almost 3 years in?

Reactions: bshirt73
Firing coaches, bad recruiting, players not developing under Riley, and other things is what has lead us to what we are this season. I'll worry about Frost's record in about 3 years. Right now we have guys on defense that can't even get a sack. Nelson will be a good linebacker but he is the only one playing linebacker that has any potential. The other linebackers that are playing will not even get a sniff with a camp tryout for the NFL.

He should be a DE in a 4- 3 defense.

Get rid of this crap experiment with the 3-4

I understand he started from the bottom, but if we're paying top 15 money should we be getting outcoached by the likes of PJ Fleck and Tom Allen? I don't think so. I like Scott I think he's our best bet to turn it around, his staff however needs changes.
It isn't Frost's fault he is paid top 15 money. Can you imagine the reaction of our fan base if he was offered 2.5 million a year like he deserved and went to Florida instead? Fans needs to be smart enough to understand the team they cheer for...We gave 25 million Bo to have him abuse us and win a whale trophy...

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
2 half of the second year, approaching year 3 next year.

Coming off a bye I expected to see a better prepared defensive unit.

Indiana can score...we gave them a very short field twice...14 points...the Vedral fumble cost us the game...you cannot expect a defense w/o draft picks to be lights out. We will give up 30 in good weather to a good offense every game. We have to score 30....the Vedral fumble was a 10-14 point swing. If we score 3, the final score is 34-31 or exactly what the line was...and what should be expected...even with a 3rd string qb.

Reactions: WHCSC
we don't fire anyone for 5 years,
y'all wanted pass happy, we got it..the oregon offense..
if it don't happen in 5 years we go back to running the ball
thats the deal

Yeah, we were real pass happy today.....

Reactions: headcard
I don't think any coaches are going anywhere after this season. But if Frost has another losing season in Year 3....it will get interesting. I can't think of many Power 5 football coaches who survive 3 losing seasons in their first 3 years.

Reactions: jeans15
Chin needs to go. We need someone who knows what they're doing. No more learning-on-the-job. Blackshirts? Pinkskirts.

Charlie McBride must be fuming. Maybe he's already well past that though. This isn't the first time we've seen this show.

Reactions: jeans15
we don't fire anyone for 5 years,
y'all wanted pass happy, we got it..the oregon offense..
if it don't happen in 5 years we go back to running the ball
thats the deal

Did you watch the game? Have you watched Oregon play football? Are you waiting to talk on over reaction?

I don't think any coaches are going anywhere after this season. But if Frost has another losing season in Year 3....it will get interesting. I can't think of many Power 5 football coaches who survive 3 losing seasons in their first 3 years.

It's almost assured that he will have a losing season next year unless the incoming class is severely underrated on the lines and they miraculously adjust to the scheme and D-I football immediately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT