ADVERTISEMENT

2:30 kickoff central on FS1 for Wisconsin 10/31

A win would be nice. But in another shot from the Big Ten schedule makers, I think Wisky has a scrimmage against Illinois on Friday night. So not only do they get an easy game at home, they get an extra day to rest and prepare. In fact, if you look at our schedule, most teams have an easy game before playing us. No, I refuse to believe that was totally by accident.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
I wouldn’t be surprised, the team needs to not get discouraged after OSU.

In my opinion it is more important beating Wisconsin than upsetting Ohio St this weekend.

Don’t get me wrong it would be a huge win but for Nebraska to move forward they need to win the West and the Badger game is the first step in doing so..

Beating Ohio St won’t matter if were not playing in the B1G game..

A win would be nice. But in another shot from the Big Ten schedule makers, I think Wisky has a scrimmage against Illinois on Friday night. So not only do they get an easy game at home, they get an extra day to rest and prepare. In fact, if you look at our schedule, most teams have an easy game before playing us. No, I refuse to believe that was totally by accident.
Iowa plays at Penn State the Saturday before Black Friday. Nebraska plays Illinois at home.

Also, how does Callahan think that’s how you spell Halloween?

Reactions: beaglehusker
In fact, if you look at our schedule, most teams have an easy game before playing us.
With the possible exception of Rutgers, there is no such thing as an automatic easy game...... and that would include Nebraska vs. Ohio State (which most Buckeye fans stupidly consider a cakewalk win). Most B10 fans were counting Illinois as an automatic "easy win" last season but they upset #5 Wisconsin and gave the Huskers all they wanted.

What’s the order of tier rights for games? ABC prime time followed by big noon, then?

You've got it backwards. Fox has first selection, but they negotiate some considerations to ESPN before the season starts. They can do this because the Big Ten has guaranteed Fox the National window for Ohio State vs. MICHIGAN. it's the most watched regular season college football game each year.

Fox - 1A
ABC/ESPN 1B and Tier 2
Fox/FS1- Tier 2
BTN - Tier 2 national prime time and tier 3

Reactions: GBRforLife1

Iowa plays Penn St before us.

Iowa plays at Penn State the Saturday before Black Friday. Nebraska plays Illinois at home.

Also, how does Callahan think that’s how you spell Halloween?
Sean's writing skills are lacking. Trained as a broadcaster, he's much better as a speaker. And don't get me started on the lack of copy editors — or editors, period — in any news operation, let alone online-only media.

Speaking of TV, I wonder how the B1G TV revenue share will look with this revamped season. Will the teams get close to their normal share distribution? If so, that's obviously a big deal (no pun intended).

Since some of you seemed to doubt me, here is the opponents schedule the game before Nebraska-- Ohio State is of course idle. Check out this easy schedule.....

Idle
Illinois (Friday night)
Iowa
Maryland
Rutgers
Penn State
Rutgers
Northwestern

Reactions: scarletred
Since some of you seemed to doubt me, here is the opponents schedule the game before Nebraska-- Ohio State is of course idle. Check out this easy schedule.....

Idle
Illinois (Friday night)
Iowa
Maryland
Rutgers
Penn State
Rutgers
Northwestern
put it in perspective, going by the last time Nebraska played those teams, Nebraska is 5-2.

Reactions: nwualum
I feel like we win this one

Im with you on that. I love the fact we are catching them early and they are breaking in a brand new QB, RB and WRs.

Their defense will still be good still but Frosts offenses have been able to move the ball against those guys. I believe we average almost 500 yards of offense per game against the Badgers Top 10 defense since Frost. And this years offense should be Frosts bests since he’s been here.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT