ADVERTISEMENT

2/21 Baseball

Thanks for the link.

I joined just in time to watch us get shelled. :eek:
9-8, with runners on 1st and 3rd, 1 out in the bottom of the 7th.
Holy sheeee ite. I stopped watching because it was glitching and figured it was safe.

9-9 after fielder's choice. 2 outs in bottom of the 7th. Runner on 2nd.

USD bats around in bottom of the 7th. How swell.. 9-9 top of the 8th.

One thing I'm pretty excited about is the run production. Almost like night and day vs last year. Not sure if that is just a more mature team, or that our coaching is that much better at the plate.

Reactions: bigboxes
One thing I'm pretty excited about is the run production. Almost like night and day vs last year. Not sure if that is just a more mature team, or that our coaching is that much better at the plate.

That's a positive way to look at this Du. But I'm too damn immature to see it that way. I hate losing.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Screw it. Everytime I've come back to the game, USD starts blasting the ball. I'm done jinxing 'em. Let me know when it's over.

That's a positive way to look at this Du. But I'm too damn immature to see it that way. I hate losing.

Yeah, I've always been known for my maturity on this board when it comes to reacting to us not playing well. :D I get waaay pissy. But I do like seeing us hitting the ball fairly well at the start of the season. One would think it's only going to get better.

Reactions: bigboxes
Let one go here, folks. After being up 7-0, Huskers lose 12-11. Grrrr.. :mad:

Didn’t follow the game at all but our bullpen must be a mess. That’s 2 times in 4 games that we have given up a huge lead. Sounds like errors played a part in this one. Good to see we are scoring well though.

We have decent bats. Eratad liked small ball but his teams weren’t good at executing it. I expect Bolts teams to score a lot more.

i liked Silva, but I also think he was replaceable. It’s definitely a rebuilding year for the pitching staff. Hopefully they find their groove at some point.

I'm glad we're scoring runs. I think defense and pitching will improve after they're outside awhile.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
The Huskers are certainly scoring, but also letting a lot of runs to be scored on them. What does that indicate?

Yeah, their defense and pitching are lagging behind. But defense seems to almost always be shaky early in the year for north teams (4 errors last night :eek:). And our pitching is pretty young.

We have decent bats. Eratad liked small ball but his teams weren’t good at executing it. I expect Bolts teams to score a lot more.

i liked Silva, but I also think he was replaceable. It’s definitely a rebuilding year for the pitching staff. Hopefully they find their groove at some point.
Do we miss Erstad yet? Asking for a friend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT