ADVERTISEMENT

1st Half of Season Kickoff Times Released

Again before FOX made the announcement.
CBS set game time for Florida / Alabama 2:30pm
ESPN/ ABC set game time for Auburn/ Penn St 6:30 pm
of course NBC carries the Norte Dame games and their game is against Purdue at 1:30pm..

Not defending FOX or liking the time for the game but I’ll also point out that in 2001 Oklahoma played Nebraska at 11:00 am on ABC and in 2000 in Norman it was also a 11:00 am kick off on ABC..

Reactions: cidsports
I don't hate 11am games, the rush of getting up really early and cracking a beer, its super fun to have friends come over by 7am and shoot the shit for 15 minutes and start heading to Lincoln.

the fox partnership is yet another reason the b1g is second-rate
Hardly the case at all. Yes fans, including myself, don't like those early game kick offs. I'd much rather have a later kick off for sure. BUT those early time slots actually are good for the overall TV ratings/national attention the conference gets (just not fans attending in person) and by implication the money distribution that the B1G gets and pays out to teams is pretty damn good as a result.

And Nebraska is hardly the only school with early televised games. Consider for example Penn State vs. Wisconsin on Sept. 4, Oregon vs. Ohio State on Sept. 11, Notre Dame vs. Wisconsin on Sept. 25 and Ohio State vs. Michigan (the biggest TV draw in college football) on Nov. 27. All 12 PM EST games.

Last edited:
12 games, I would like a break down like this

3 at 11am

3 night games

6 at the noon/230/ spot

Only time you’re going to see Noon kickoff is the season opener.. Being in the Big 10 is like being Colorado when they played in the Big12..

2:30/ 3:00 pm are my favorite..

Reactions: bigboxes
I've lived in all the time zones and certainly the further east you live the more enjoyable experience. Although there's sort of a interesting charm about living on the west coast and watching a full slate of games and having an evening left.

I would think most schools and fanbases that Uber care about football are in Central or Eastern anyway.
The Nebraska games starting at 9am on the west coast sucked. The bars weren't open yet so I had to watch at home. The good news is games were on from 9AM until the last Mountain West game ended at midnight.

The Nebraska games starting at 9am on the west coast sucked. The bars weren't open yet so I had to watch at home. The good news is games were on from 9AM until the last Mountain West game ended at midnight.
Had a buddy that was stationed in Hawaii years ago, said it was sort of a blast to watch games so early in the morning.

It’s fun to treat games as a social affair, especially in places with dedicated bars for fans. The team sucks, why not enjoy ourselves a little?
Amen, these are social events, I still get bombed (most of the time) for these games. And if I am in Lincoln for the game, I am going to make the most of it, if that means hitting up different bars and having drinks or tailgating and drinking, that is what i will be doing.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I'm gonna cringe when we are stuck with multiple bouts of that female woman announcer. What a joke.
I'm gonna cringe when we are stuck with multiple bouts of that female woman announcer. What a joke.
Same man. Same.
tenor.gif

11 am for OU game is bad? I was hoping for a 3 or 4 am kickoff since I record and fast forward these awful Husker routs anyway — and an earlier start means less national embarrassment.

OK, I am kidding … a little.

I love 11 am starts. Living in the Pacific time zone allows me to watch the game and then do something afterwards (Which means over the past several years is I am hiding hide my head far too often). Please, Huskers. Win some games!

I agree. When I was in Alaska in Hawaii it was also fun. Have a few drinks early in the morning. Quick nap and then have a full day

ADVERTISEMENT