ADVERTISEMENT

1st Half of Season Kickoff Times Released

the fox partnership is yet another reason the b1g is second-rate
2 years ago when Fox had the contract for college football with the Big10 and Big 12 Fox said they wanted their top game to be seen by the majority of the country and they didn’t want 2:30 competing with CBS and the SEC conference so they decided taking the 11:00 window for their marquee games..

FOX has Big 10 and 12 games they choose for their marquee game.. It isn’t second rate..

2 years ago when Fox had the contract for college football with the Big10 and Big 12 Fox said they wanted their top game to be seen by the majority of the country and they didn’t want 2:30 competing with CBS and the SEC conference so they decided taking the 11:00 window for their marquee games..

FOX has Big 10 and 12 games they choose for their marquee game.. It isn’t second rate..
it literally admitted it can't compete at 2:30. doesn't get more second-rate than that.

11am is good for people (dorks) who like to tout the b1g's money-making. it's terrible and super-lame for fans.

Was hoping the OU game would be a 2:30 kick off..
But knew FOX wants their biggest game of the week starting at 11:00 am..
Works out perfectly this way. national media can only make fun of us for give or take three or four hours until a bigger team takes a loss and they can start focusing on them instead of us. By the end of the day our loss is just background noise.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
it literally admitted it can't compete at 2:30. doesn't get more second-rate than that.

11am is good for people (dorks) who like to tout the b1g's money-making. it's terrible and super-lame for fans.
It prefers not to compete that ‘s on FOX not the two conference’s.. OU and texas will be a 11:00 am game Ohio St Michigan will be a 11:00 am game etc, etc..

Reactions: cidsports
We can bitch about 11:00 games and say till we’re good enough but Indiana/ Ioway is being pickup by BTN because the marquee game is Penn St at Wisconsin...

Fans that complain about KO times are the dorks who will bitch about just about anything. 11am ...who the fuq cares - reschedule your yoga class.

Fans that complain about KO times are the dorks who will bitch about just about anything. 11am ...who the fuq cares - reschedule your yoga class.

11 sucks. Big time. The only dorks are those that like morning kickoff times. Eff that. I'll be running errands and taking care of my responsibilities. I'm not living with mom & dad and work during the week.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
people who watch games with anyone other than those in their own house (or head).

going to the bar at 9am is lame. for me (in Mountain Time), make it 8am for a 10am kickoff.

thanks for telling on yourself by taking so much umbrage with my post, dork.

IF I had my druthers I wouldn't have 11 am games either. HOWEVER I understand why we have/get them. TV exec's love us at 11 because of higher viewership. And the goal is to maximize total daily viewership. I also don't mind getting home from the game at a decent time of day if I m attending. Also traffic is better because more people might stay in Lincoln rather than make a beeline for the interstate. I hate accordion traffic at 10 pm

Appertaining OU AD is very upset at the starting time for the Nebraska game.. wanted a night or late afternoon kickoff...

Don’t know who had first choice on Sept 18 games but if it was FOX they chose the NU/OU game..
ABC/ ESPN pick was Auburn at Penn St at 6:30pm..

Reactions: leodisflowers
Yes I was hoping for later game for this one as well. Actually all away games I would prefer be evening games

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
11am games do make it hard for bringing in recruits so they say. IF true, b1g might have to look at that a little bit if coaches/ADs feel they're consistently drawing 11 am game puts them at a recruiting disadvantage

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
5 losing seasons out of the last 6. They should be happy that this game is even televised. Win some games and get a better time slot. Pretty sure the 11am kickoff isn't OU's fault. Beating OU's ass might mean a couple of more prime time games later in the year.

5 losing seasons out of the last 6. They should be happy that this game is even televised. Win some games and get a better time slot. Pretty sure the 11am kickoff isn't OU's fault. Beating OU's ass might mean a couple of more prime time games later in the year.
It's not Nebraska's fault either. It's Big noon kickoff on Fox. It's their biggest game of the week

I am wondering when conferences will start trying for "odd" kickoff times as a bit of a marketing ploy.
I know some teams don't need to do it but an 8am kickoff (for college kids) would be cool. Get up at 4am to start partying.

Years ago the MAC was smart when they decided they would do games on T/W/Th, gets eyes on your game and gets you some scratch.

95% of college football games have no bearing (is that spelled right) on the final 4 teams. Might as well market it the best you can and make one game a year "crazy"

11am is a good thing for road games so opposing fan bases can’t get fully crunk and rowdy. 11am home games are the absolute worst slots. 11am games for us on the west coast are always unfortunate.
Lincoln businesses hate the 11am kickoffs too

11am is a good thing for road games so opposing fan bases can’t get fully crunk and rowdy. 11am home games are the absolute worst slots. 11am games for us on the west coast are always unfortunate.
Lincoln businesses hate the 11am kickoffs too
I don't know if there is a law or not but if I am a bar owner in Lincoln I am advertising the shit out of being "the bar that opens earliest on game day". do something/anything to get your cash.

2:30 kicks or later are ideal to maximize TG, thats what i care about, 11 am is lame
If I am not going to the game or tailgating for the game, then I don't care about the start time for the most part.

We do a road trip each year and 11am for OU Might just push us to hit up Illinois again instead, which is only a 12pm start but still.

The experience and atmosphere before a road game is what I look forward to.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
11am games do make it hard for bringing in recruits so they say. IF true, b1g might have to look at that a little bit if coaches/ADs feel they're consistently drawing 11 am game puts them at a recruiting disadvantage
Schools in the eastern time zones with major airports don’t have an issue with noon ET starts. It doesn’t effect their recruiting. So since it doesn’t hurt Ohio St, Michigan and Penn St. it won’t change.

Schools in the eastern time zones with major airports don’t have an issue with noon ET starts. It doesn’t effect their recruiting. So since it doesn’t hurt Ohio St, Michigan and Penn St. it won’t change.

Noon would be better than 11am. Ideally, 1pm or later would be ideal.

I've lived in all the time zones and certainly the further east you live the more enjoyable experience. Although there's sort of a interesting charm about living on the west coast and watching a full slate of games and having an evening left.

I would think most schools and fanbases that Uber care about football are in Central or Eastern anyway.

11 sucks. Big time. The only dorks are those that like morning kickoff times. Eff that. I'll be running errands and taking care of my responsibilities. I'm not living with mom & dad and work during the week.
Plenty of family men with kids and real responsibility who watch pretty much any game the NCAA or NFL put on tv over the weekend and still manage to get their shit done.

Time management is a learned skill.

Appertaining OU AD is very upset at the starting time for the Nebraska game.. wanted a night or late afternoon kickoff...

Don’t know who had first choice on Sept 18 games but if it was FOX they chose the NU/OU game..
ABC/ ESPN pick was Auburn at Penn St at 6:30pm..
Course he does. They are going to whip our ass most likely and he wants to do that ass whipping in prime time.

• Haha
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Plenty of family men with kids and real responsibility who watch pretty much any game the NCAA or NFL put on tv over the weekend and still manage to get their shit done.

Time management is a learned skill.
I'm the king of time management. I just prefer to use my time differently.

You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
thanks, Judge Smails

tenor.gif

no one is watching nebraska play OK, maybe for like 3 mins lol, why would anyone care to see that?

I'm the king of time management. I just prefer to use my time differently.

That's perfectly fine but it's not what you were getting at above. You were making an argument that your real man duties and and 11am start collide which would logically impede your ability to enjoy the game.

Reactions: WHCSC
That's perfectly fine but it's not what you were getting at above. You were making an argument that your real man duties and and 11am start collide which would logically impede your ability to enjoy the game.
Most of these times are announced early, it is not really that hard to make the game a priority, if you want to make it a priority. Things come up, I get that, but for the most part people can make it work.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT