ADVERTISEMENT

1st Half Game Thread!!!

So many quick to jump on a few off throws and defense we knew had issues. Calm down. Tommy is playing maybe his best game as a Nebraska QB thus far, the defense has zero linebackers and one playmaker on the whole field going against one of the top dual threat QB's in the country. Penalties are the biggest (unexpected) issue thus far. Quit hurting ourselves and we're ok.

Reactions: baseball31ne
MSU beat a directional school and didn't look good doing it. Spartan you get your chance to come in later this year.

Thanks for having us already in your head and worried enough to talk trash week one when we're playing a real team.

Banker is not passing his first test
I think deep down everyone knew his D would not be great. Just all thought it may. Looking very weak. As we know with Bo. Good friends don't make good coaches.

I think deep down everyone knew his D would not be great. Just all thought it may. Looking very weak. As we know with Bo. Good friends don't make good coaches.
Cmon man. Give it a rest. We're starting two freaking freshmen linebackers one of which has never played the position before in his life. What did you expect?

New defense, a lot of inexperienced players out there, a few blown reads are inevitable and Taysom Hill is good enough to make us pay for mistakes. They'll get better but had to see this coming.

actually, this board was filled with people praising how the new defense would stop the run and said they were ok giving up the big pass play and more qb runs.. BYU scored twice on just those things..

Playing zone and they're picking us apart. Trying to keep everything in front of us. Pelini part two.

actually, this board was filled with people praising how the new defense would stop the run and said they were ok giving up the big pass play and more qb runs.. BYU scored twice on just those things..

I think the defense will be better. Never thought it would be great game #1, especially after Rose and Rose-Ivey were suspended. We're starting two freshman linebackers and a true freshman safety is getting a lot of snaps too.

This defense is embarrassing. Banker as advertised.
Same stuff we saw from Bo. Zone trying to keep everything in front of them. BYU is flooding zones and picking us apart because our D line isn't getting to the QB. We knew BYU was going to put up points.

So many quick to jump on a few off throws and defense we knew had issues. Calm down. Tommy is playing maybe his best game as a Nebraska QB thus far, the defense has zero linebackers and one playmaker on the whole field going against one of the top dual threat QB's in the country. Penalties are the biggest (unexpected) issue thus far. Quit hurting ourselves and we're ok.

we are in a shoot out ... you cant miss open receivers and put us behind down and distance

Hill isn't missing his open receivers .. hell the freshman they put in didnt miss his chances

Same stuff we saw from Bo. Zone trying to keep everything in front of them. BYU is flooding zones and picking us apart because our D line isn't getting to the QB. We knew BYU was going to put up points.
BYU is on pace for over 600 yards. Points be damned...we aren't making them break a sweat right now.

New defense, a lot of inexperienced players out there, a few blown reads are inevitable and Taysom Hill is good enough to make us pay for mistakes. They'll get better but had to see this coming.
Yes it is first game under a new coach. So I will give a bit. But come on guys, the excuses need to stop. Good coaches work with what they have they make it work. Every team has injures, inexperienced players. They make it work. This D is looking horrible. We can't even get close the qb and we cant stop a pass play. Those are not 2 combinations you want to see over and over. Yes this is a very very good qb. But not the best we will see this year.

Let's figure out how to get the running game going. So far other than one nice sweep from Moore it's been nothing.

If it's nothing but passing that's not really Tommy's game.

Remember the first quarter, when Tommy Armstrong actually looked like a decent quarterback? Good times.

I hate to say it but we are in big trouble. This defense needs a lot of work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT