ADVERTISEMENT

1ST HALF GAME THREAD!!!!!

Tackle with your head up, you won't get ejected. It ain't that hard to understand!

No matter how hot “far up” your head is
We can all agree that it was targeting. We can also agree that it's a bullshit rule. That was a football play

The very name of the rule makes no sense. 15 yards, first down, disqualified from game. Who in the ever loving f@&$ is going to “target”. 99% of these are incidental contact with a helmet of an offensive player without malicious intent targeting the helmet of a player.

Fun Stat:

Under Frost, the Huskers have lost 91% of their games when trailing at any time and by any amount.

You never played football, did you?
No defender in today’s football is intentionally trying to lead with their helmet. Unless you think kids like getting kicked out of games.
When you are tackling, your head is still attached to your body. If the runner lowers his head into the path of your head, you get ejected. There is literally NOTHING you can do about it other than just not make the tackle.
What if he sees what he is hitting?

You never played football, did you?
No defender in today’s football is intentionally trying to lead with their helmet. Unless you think kids like getting kicked out of games.
When you are tackling, your head is still attached to your body. If the runner lowers his head into the path of your head, you get ejected. There is literally NOTHING you can do about it other than just not make the tackle.
Yeah, I also don’t understand how people talk about these “decisions” during a play to raise your head, when it’s a millisecond of chaos.

Reactions: dinglefritz
1. Frost is not a good coach. I wanted to believe in him, but 80% of coaches out there would get more out of our same roster.

2. Anyone who thinks we would not want McKenzie Milton is insane.

3. There’s been so many disappointing things I’ve seen already, I can’t list them all.... see #1.

Reactions: Bugeater
No wonder we only throw 5 yard passes.

Martinez is unbelievably inaccurate - that is two wide open receivers he’s completely missed downfield.
The wind is really bad on the field which might explain his last over throw but your're right. He's erratic with his accuracy.

If CBT was not a Husker everyone on this board would think he is a dirty player. Worse than that he is also a dumb, selfish player. h He would rather blow-up a player than play good, solid ball. Acting like a dirty player means more to him than winning a game and that is so sad. His coverage most of the time is terrible. He gambles too much. All he can do is slam into people. Stupid penalty earlier in the game and there is no way he had to hit the Gopher Qb in the head. He cost the Huskers a chance to win the Iowa game dropping the punt. He's the poster child for a bad player
No I wouldn’t. You will catch me all day every day blasting almost every targeting call whether for or against the Huskers.
What Cam did was not dangerous and he did not want to hit the helmet at all. He had no intention. The QB lowered his head, just as well kick him out but that isn’t the dumb rule. Dumb rule is dumb.

You can like it or not but leading with the crown of your helmet is not a textbook tackle. But yes, we should definitely keep doing it because clearly the rule is going to bend to our will.

Some of the Huskers players would rather blow-up a player and incur a penalty than win the game. It must give them more street cred.

No I wouldn’t. You will catch me all day every day blasting almost every targeting call whether for or against the Huskers.
What Cam did was not dangerous and he did not want to hit the helmet at all. He had no intention. The QB lowered his head, just as well kick him out but that isn’t the dumb rule. Dumb rule is dumb.

Ok. Don't change. Don't adapt. Keep banging your head against a wall. Defend the play that will always result in penalties that lead to losses.

Reactions: imluvnmyskers
The fact that everyone is riled up over CTB is what’s messed up. We shouldn’t have even allowed a weak ass 70 yard run to begin that drive.
True. But those 4 point are a pretty big deal. And Sonia losing your best player over some bullshit like that.

Glad Minnesota had 33 players out. I'm ecstatic that it is a close game and not the blowout that it would have been.

Reactions: Wasker77
Ok. Don't change. Don't adapt. Keep banging your head against a wall. Defend the play that will always result in penalties that lead to losses.
Yeah. No one has changed. You make a perfect point. Put flags on them and take off the pads. Only way to “adapt” to this dumbass rule.

Glad Minnesota had 33 players out. I'm ecstatic that it is a close game and not the blowout that it would have been.
They are only missing one starter. They are counting guys that are injured and opted out. That’s like us whining about being without Fleming and Thompkins. PJ, PR.

Things happen extemely fast in D-1 football. That was a bullsh## call. Period. Bad rule and bad call based on the backfield replay.
Nobody is denying the fact that it’s a bad rule by football standards. However it is the rule, so you must adapt - it’s not rocket science

He targeted. Easy call and one that will always be called in that situation. Got to be smarter.
look at the backfield view. One BAD angle made the hit look worse than it was. The view from the backside made it clear that he his head was up and contacted him with the front of his helmet. That's not targeting.

Yeah. No one has changed. You make a perfect point. Put flags on them and take off the pads. Only way to “adapt” to this dumbass rule.

Ok. In your world we just cheer for Husker players to blow-up their opponents. Who cares about smart play and actually win the game. I will just quit paying attention to the score and just keep a tally of hard hits.

Thank god not everyone in this world is an idiot. If you have never played you could NEVER understand how what Cam did on that play is impossible to avoid unless you just have premonitions about him lowering his head into your path in a 3 millisecond time span.
Yep.

Reactions: dinglefritz
You can’t adapt to it without taking off the pads and playing flag football. Quit ignoring this point.
We're already out one DB with a concussion because he tried to keep his head to the side only to have the RB drill him in the ear hole with his helmet.. IF you're going to penalize tacklers, then you have to start penalizing ball carriers. It's stupid. Just start making everybody wear sanitary napkins while we're at it.

They are only missing one starter. They are counting guys that are injured and opted out. That’s like us whining about being without Fleming and Thompkins. PJ, PR.
Oh that is why we were favored by 10.5 points to a bad, but slightly better team.

Ok. In your world we just cheer for Husker players to blow-up their opponents. Who cares about smart play and actually win the game. I will just quit paying attention to the score and just keep a tally of hard hits.

Your straw Manning is embarrassing. No one with a brain likes this rule. It doesn’t help with safety. It benefits no one to remove every player from the game without nuance. Quit supporting bad rules.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT