ADVERTISEMENT

1ST HALF GAME THREAD!!!

Happy with what we’ve seen so far, but the bad breaks are hard to swallow.

It’s year 3 and if this is the best WR group we have Frost/Walters really dropped the ball. Can’t even blame Martinez. Outside of Wandale we have no threat.

Thoughts on 1st half.

The Good:
Our Oline is strong and playing pretty good as a unit.
Adrian making good decisions
Defensive line good on short yardage
Special teams is much improved
Playing hard and with heart

The bad:
No pressure on Fields
DBs playing too passive
Penalties killing offensive drives. KILLING US!!
Receivers are non-existent
The Bucknuts are getting all the calls. Unbelievable
Agreed.

Farniok still weak link. Does he keep his starting spot at guard by seasons end?

We need Martinez to get the ball out quickly. He does not have time to survey the field. The pressure is too great.

You guys are looking really good! Martinez looks MUCH better this year and your O-line is getting some good push. Thank goodness the refs got the "No Targeting" call correct. They have missed a few others though. I think both Defenses (Nebraska and OSU) are struggling, but that seems par for the course for most teams this year. Your Cornhuskers are playing well and I know this because I and every other OSU fan is a bit nervous!😲

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Well I think the Defense is trying and playing hard, but we have seen confusion on several plays.

I am not a fan of the 'no fear of failure' message, because it can lead to undisicplined play, and we have seen that a few times already.

On offense, when Ohio State D brought pressure, our line couldn't handle it, and neither could Martinez.

We don't have any rhythm on offense at all. Wasn't it like the 2nd quarter before we even saw Mills.

Too often Scott is running cute plays with both QB's out there and not establishing a run game. There have also been some plays that didn't look right.. as if there was confusion on that side of the ball.

When you have 1:30 left, they should have been able to take a shot, and we didn't see that.. we saw them run plays that gave little chance to make an impact, and then gave up at the end. I guess when you run off your only deep threat proven wr, it limits your ability to run a 2 min drill.

I would like to see someone else call the plays other than Scott.

Last edited:
It’s year 3 and if this is the best WR group we have Frost/Walters really dropped the ball. Can’t even blame Martinez. Outside of Wandale we have no threat.
I think a few games in the WRs that are out on the field could look different. Maybe Manning, Alante Brown, etc.

Too often Scott is running cute plays with both QB's out there and not establishing a run game.
Couldn't agree more. It's like Frost is too busy trying to figure out how to use two quarterbacks and there's zero run game with Mills and zero WR presence. Too cute is exactly right.

Definitely some calls went against NU, but the killer was self-inflicted. Delay of game to start that drive after falling behind 17-14 can’t happen.

I have to say over all I’m pleased with how we’ve played. A few things I’ve seen to this point: both OL and DL have played pretty solid games, (still not a big farniok fan), the secondary is not looking good, it seems like they have been running free in the flats and on post routes, however there have been a few solid plays where the secondary held coverage for a long time and it lead to pressure on Fields.. It’s obvious that we don’t have much WR talent right now and the overall game plan was to run the ball and try to eat clock, but we still need to get wan’del involved, he’s our playmaker... I’ve loved the use of the TEs and the use of Luke, I keep waiting for a trick play with Luke tossing it over the coverage, Scott’s working that by working constantly having him run, that will bring the OSU secondary up as it lulls them to sleep... penalties of killed us, and us I hate to blame the refs but the last part of the half was horrible horrible calls by the zebras out there, how do you call a face mask but over look the holding?? The PI I can kind of understand how you miss that at game speed but c’mon they need to be better!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT