ADVERTISEMENT

1ST HALF GAME THREAD!

And they did that twice with turnovers, one of them three yards from the end zone. And we end up with three points.

Our defense sucks, however with a competent offense today it is 24-14 right now
How smart you gotta be to put Mills in and call dive? It would be at least 17-14 if you just make the easy, obvious decisions

Be interesting if Martinez balls out in the second half, slapping all the anti conspiracy folks in the face. But we’ll see, I don’t know the script either, but I do think we win the game. Watch play calling for sure!
I am NOT optimistic for the outcome of this game. Purdue GAVE us multiple chances to step on their throat and we couldn't do it. We SHOULD have at least 21 on the board and be leading. We couldn't stop Purdue in that 2nd quarter. That doesn't bode well for the 2nd half. Chinander had guys in position to make a play and they weren't strong enough I guess to tackle a QB and then TE.:(

Reactions: RedMyMind
It is going to come down to turn overs and if Nebraska can get to the QB. QB has way to much time. This is a who gives it away first game.

And they did that twice with turnovers, one of them three yards from the end zone. And we end up with three points.

Our defense sucks, however with a competent offense today it is 24-14 right now
yep.. the defense is not great by normal standards, but they are actually playing a good game in this scheme.

The offense is garbage and regressed. They should have given the ball to Vedral this week and said it's your team now.

That is what I would have done.

It's both. I'm still trying to figure out which is worse...OLB on a slot WR, wide open wideouts on crossing routes, missing your wide open checkdowns, and not being able to punch it in from 3 yards out has alot to do with coaching. We have a talent issue but there's no question in my mind we also have a coaching issue.
When an offense runs fast paced you could see that diamond formation one play and and empty set the next. Do you just keep 6 db’s on the field at all times? You get a mismatch either way.

How smart you gotta be to put Mills in and call dive? It would be at least 17-14 if you just make the easy, obvious decisions

Completely agree. Last week our first two tds were runs by Vedral. And this week we don’t even try a designed qb run there.

It’s unbelievably frustrating

If we were any other Power 5 program, Frost would be fired after this season. He's Turner Gill Part 2.
I'd be fine with him getting fired after this season. Ive seen enough. Lets let Moos hire who he actually wants and not who the fans want. But Frost will get another 2 years before he gets fired imo

Reactions: SillFontaine
yep.. the defense is not great by normal standards, but they are actually playing a good game in this scheme.

The offense is garbage and regressed. They should have given the ball to Vedral this week and said it's your team now.

That is what I would have done.
Completely agree

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Completely agree. Last week our first two tds were runs by Vedral. And this week we don’t even try a designed an run there.

It’s unbelievably frustrating
Martinez is not near 100% and neither are Vedral or McCaffrey. I've heard that Bunch is the backup today. Don't know if that's true or not.

I'd be fine with him getting fired after this season. Ive seen enough. Lets let Moos hire who he actually wants and not who the fans want. But Frost will get another 2 years before he gets fired imo

He should get 2 more years...provided he does not completely lose the team at some point in the next 13 months. Would fall in line with how much time Riley and Callahan got.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Martinez is not near 100% and neither are Vedral or McCaffrey. I've heard that Bunch is the backup today. Don't know if that's true or not.

Given our playcalling, I would believe that. And I would like to see Bunch now.

He's not getting fired unless we have a couple of more sub .500 years. He's got a very long leash.

He should get 2 more years...provided he does not completely lose the team at some point in the next 13 months. Would fall in line with how much time Riley and Callahan got.
He'll get 4 years. Thats fair to him. Fans will turn after we dont go bowling next year. 2021 is curtains for him with that schedule.

I am NOT optimistic for the outcome of this game. Purdue GAVE us multiple chances to step on their throat and we couldn't do it. We SHOULD have at least 21 on the board and be leading. We couldn't stop Purdue in that 2nd quarter. That doesn't bode well for the 2nd half. Chinander had guys in position to make a play and they weren't strong enough I guess to tackle a QB and then TE.:(
Kind of disagree here. The shallow cross releasing as it gets past the center everytime is open by 5 yards. Simple concept, easy pass and it’s killing us. Brohm made good adjustments. I’ve rarely seen that from our staff

Purdue wins by 20.

I can’t believe I’m saying that Sick

Frost won’t pull Martinez and Brohm is going to throw 30 crossing routes and RB flat passes in the 2nd half.

As sad as this sounds, Central Florida's magical season just might end up being one of the worst things to ever happen to Husker football.

Reactions: buchs
Kind of disagree here. The shallow cross releasing as it gets past the center everytime is open by 5 yards. Simple concept, easy pass and it’s killing us. Brohm made good adjustments. I’ve rarely seen that from our staff
I'm talking about the 3 missed tackles the first on an Alex Davis blitz that should have been a sack for a 5-7 yard loss and ended in a 17 yard scramble for a first down. The next was 2 missed tackless by safeties on a TE on that TD pass. TWO.

I'm talking about the 3 missed tackles the first on an Alex Davis blitz that should have been a sack for a 5-7 yard loss and ended in a 17 yard scramble for a first down. The next was 2 missed tackless by safeties on a TE on that TD pass. TWO.

true, we aren’t executing either but that cross is there all day and we got lucky Antrop just dropped one

Reactions: dinglefritz
Another terrible pass by Martinez. This is all on Frost. I don’t think too many coaches in high school or college would leave in their QB when they are playing this bad.

Another terrible pass by Martinez. This is all on Frost. I don’t think too many coaches in high school or college would leave in their QB when they are playing this bad.
Agaiin, Vedral and McCaffrey were both injured in the last game... another crappy high throw. Wide open

1/8 on 3rd downs.... Pro QBs make their money on 3rd downs.
Your OC is just bad. First down run for four yards, then gives up on run. And Martinez, well he should be benched. Your next two qb’s are a lot better. Martinez is not a good lower level qb

Wow, Martinez is just a dumb QB. He can not see the field at all. A wide open TE about ten yards downfield in middle of field, he does not even look there. Hell, he is not even a high level division 2 QB
Sorry, but Neb may be the 2nd worst team and coaching staff in the Big Ten, only Rutgers worse

Every poster from post #627 and after is so stupid to be posting 2nd half complaints in the 1ST HALF GAME THREAD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT