ADVERTISEMENT

1ST HALF GAME THREAD!

Martinez is uncomfortable because he has to worry if he has to jump 7 feet for each snap. Wandale is going to be great but they can’t force everything to him and forget JD. Hope it’s just first game struggles and the figure it out.

Yep the timing on our offense is out of whack due to the snaps. Frost must really be banking on Jurgens pulling it together in the next couple weeks.

If the snaps are so bad, why don't they put Martinez under center? I know that's not the base offense, but the bad snaps are disrupting the whole timing of the offense. Martinez seems rattled by it at times.

Overall, I think they still have some shuffling around on the offensive line, because this group isn't doing too well.

I don't think there is a lot wrong really. That run game is critical, and with penetration as it is, the QB is flustered, the receivers luckily haven't gotten flustered yet, but this is all sort of falling apart because of a lack of run game, because of blocking issues, and probably specifically the center..

You can't just put a guy in who hardly practiced during fall camp at center and expect things to run smooth.

Scott knew this was an issue all year, but they can't get through the season like this. They have to address that, it is a must.. if they do, a lot of things will start working like they are supposed to.

Reactions: c3o
Doesn't have IT? You're a moron. He just set a new NCAA record last year for most yards per game by a true freshman. We're talking 125+ years of college football.

Stats don't mean shit when it comes to leadership. We are playing a shit team and should be coasting but our "best QB ever" can't hit a wide open freshman phenom when we need him to.

I don't think there's a power five school out there that we'd have a chance against.

Stats don't mean shit when it comes to leadership. We are playing a shit team and should be coasting but our "best QB ever" can't hit a wide open freshman phenom when we need him to.

If you were fielding fly balls every GD snap you would be out of sorts too. Cam Jurgens needs to sit until he can consistently snap the ball to the QB where it needs to be.

If you were fielding fly balls every GD snap you would be out of sorts too. Cam Jurgens needs to sit until he can consistently snap the ball to the QB where it needs to be.

Yeah, easy to blame the qb who has to reach a mile up to get the snap on damn near every play..

Interior OL struggled big time. Seemed like the game plan revolves around running inside zone, which we can’t do. Time to adjust and attack the edges more.

If the snaps are so bad, why don't they put Martinez under center? I know that's not the base offense, but the bad snaps are disrupting the whole timing of the offense. Martinez seems rattled by it at times.

Overall, I think they still have some shuffling around on the offensive line, because this group isn't doing too well.

Maybe because they only have 2-3 plays they practice under center? The center/QB exchange under center hasn’t been practiced much either. The entire scheme and timing are based on the QB being in shotgun.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Martinez does need to be held responsible for some leadership here. He's just another dude on the field right now, and that isn't good. It's my only knock on him.

Someone on that offense has to take charge and start telling people to get their act together or get off my field.. and that should be the QB, but that isn't happening.

Reactions: Bruce1981
They just said S Bama has a whopping 3 total yards in the 2nd quarter. Sure our offense has been miss firing but our defense has shown up. I’m not worried one bit about our offense getting things going. But seeing our defense showing up and showing out...is huge. It’s S Bama but this is where it all starts. Go Blackshirt. GBR

Yeah, easy to blame the qb who has to reach a mile up to get the snap on damn near every play..
And Martinez even had the nerve to take a big loss on a ball that was snapped 6 feet over his head!!!

Because, you know, QBs are coached to try to be a hero on that play instead of securing the ball and avoiding a catastrophic turnover. Sometimes you wonder if people here are watching their first football game.

Martinez does need to be held responsible for some leadership here. He's just another dude on the field right now, and that isn't good. It's my only knock on him.

Someone on that offense has to take charge and start telling people to get their act together or get off my field.. and that should be the QB, but that isn't happening.

And it was only the first half. The offense has been flat all the way around. So far it’s only been Wan’Dale Robinson looking good on the offense...well along with Jack Stoll. MAYBE we wait for a complete game before we start getting critical? Martinez needs to run and use his legs when nothing is there? It’s like he stuck on making nothing but throws. That would help some too.

They just said S Bama has a whopping 3 total yards in the 2nd quarter. Sure our offense has been miss firing but our defense has shown up. I’m not worried one bit about our offense getting things going. But seeing our defense showing up and showing out...is huge. It’s S Bama but this is where it all starts. Go Blackshirt. GBR

S AL has 92 total yards for the first half

This is on a sluggish Offense

Yes, that is the one asset we have so far. JoJo simply MUST be on the field for the 2nd half.

And it was only the first half. The offense has been flat all the way around. So far it’s only been Wan’Dale Robinson looking good on the offense...well along with Jack Stoll. MAYBE we wait for a complete game before we start getting critical? Martinez needs to run and use his legs when nothing s there. It’s like he stuck on making nothing but throws. That would help some too.

I assume they are trying to limit hits on Martinez week 1

They wont get it going by playing long snapper at center..

Sheesh...

Yeah, we can kiss the west goodbye..

It's a DISCUSSION board. People like to talk different aspects of the game. It would be pretty boring if every thread was just "GO HUSKERS" over and over.

The problem isn’t that people want to discuss the game, it’s that everyone overreacts emotionally in the moment and we have no idea what is actually going on. People want to declare this team dead after one half of football that we are winning.

ADVERTISEMENT