ADVERTISEMENT

1st HALF GAME THREAD!

This is one of those times where we need to play more aggressive defense. Iowa is not a quick strike offense, and we could get a busted play, but right now they are bleeding us to death. Need to make something happen on D.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
Nebraskas defensive problems stem from one unit....the Dline is one of the worst in all of college football.

for one, when i blitz i wouldn't have my DBs 10 yds off the ball for easy slant routes to be completed.

We’re in zone. You’d rather have Gifford or Young one on one vs Fant? If the blitz doesn’t get there, you like our chances?

This is one of those times where we need to play more aggressive defense. Iowa is not a quick strike offense, and we could get a busted play, but right now they are bleeding us to death. Need to make something happen on D.

Put 8 in the box. If they pass for 400 and win so be it. Can’t let them run for 8 yards a pop.

Good lord, we’re making Iowa look like an offensive juggernaut today.

Why are we playing press coverage on the outside, but refuse to put our hands on the receivers? And then we give their slot receivers/TE’s a 10-15 yard cushion - that quick slant is going to be there ALL DAY long if we don’t adjust.

Nebraskas defensive problems stem from one unit....the Dline is one of the worst in all of college football.

i think that's correct. we just don't get off any blocks. here, it's obv we're getting pushed backwards 2 or 3 yds

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
We have to score every time we have the ball. Iowa could just run, run, run and we'll never stop them!

The only thing that might keep Iowa under 56 today is their drives are taking 5-6 minutes. Add to that no incompletions when they do feel like throwing the ball, and the clock may keep them in the 40's today. Lord knows Nebraska's defense isn't going to stop them.

pPdNZ3c.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT