ADVERTISEMENT

1st Half Game Thread!

It's obvious Riley and co. Also have a big doghouse they like to keep players in, just like Bo did.
Riley is bo pelini with a smile and less wins.

Reactions: LHB123
You have to have somebody act as the head coach. Riley is a professional. He's been selling recruits on NU and not his staff (fortunately). Keeping him to the end of the season doesn't hurt a thing and maybe saves NU some face. Firing him now just creates a void of leadership. You think these kids quit tonight. Just wait if you can Riley now. You might as well forfeit the rest of your games. What do you do if the interim wins out?
I agree no need to can Riley now.
Unless other major programs start canning...then you need to think about it just for candidate sake.
But I agree not yet is ideal.

Reactions: dinglefritz
You have to have somebody act as the head coach. Riley is a professional. He's been selling recruits on NU and not his staff (fortunately). Keeping him to the end of the season doesn't hurt a thing and maybe saves NU some face. Firing him now just creates a void of leadership. You think these kids quit tonight. Just wait if you can Riley now. You might as well forfeit the rest of your games. What do you do if the interim wins out?

Fair enough. These kids quit on Riley last week. They didn’t show up for Riley this week. I maintain they could quit for an interim the rest of the season in the same manner as they have quit on him. While we put together a decent coaching search for the first time since Osborne retired.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I agree no need to can Riley now.
Unless other major programs start canning...then you need to think about it just for candidate sake.
But I agree not yet is ideal.
If they're going to pull the trigger this year, the powers that be probably have already made up their mind and Frost is aware. There's no need to rush. This isn't about trying to be the first.
Fair enough. These kids quit on Riley last week. They didn’t show up for Riley this week. I maintain they could quit for an interim the rest of the season in the same manner as they have quit on him. While we put together a decent coaching search for the first time since Osborne retired.
I will be very surprised if there's more than one name on any search list.

If they're going to pull the trigger this year, the powers that be probably have already made up their mind and Frost is aware. There's no need to rush. This isn't about trying to be the first.
There should be more than one name.
But Frost should be one of the names for sure.
Do you agree or disagree?

There better damn well be. I like Frost and he might be the right guy, but for f’s sake can’t we learn from history, making bad hires without proper vetting?

Reactions: Wasker77
maybe yes and maybe no. the players just might think they need to perform with a new coach coming in next season. by any measure Riley isn't an inspiration to the players.

I’ve been a Riley supporter. I dislike firing a coach after three years. We’ve dug a hole of firing a 10 win coach, a shit coach, then a 9 win shit coach and now we’re going to fire a guy after three years? Who are we going to get to come here? What if Frost says no?

This is embarrassing, but I still won’t be upset if we give Riley another year. Unless we only get 2 more wins.

I don't understand your love for Riley. It makes no sense to me. "Unless we only get 2 more wins" Please tell me. Who do the Huskers beat? Purdue? they played Wisconsin a lot tougher than we did. Minnesota? Maybe if the game were in Lincoln, but it is away. Please me tell who Nebraska beats

I've got to add I think your argument for keeping Riley another year is totally illogical.

ADVERTISEMENT