ADVERTISEMENT

1st Half Game Thread!

You have large corners and they have small recievers. Put them up on the line of scrimmage and get hands on them. It's insanity to give them 10 yards of cushion so that they can get a free release and use their speed. This is basic football that we can't get right.

Although our guys can't even seem to get off the blocks of those little receivers half the time either.

Not to mention the disaster that would be recruiting if they canned Riley. Where's the next guy going to get his players from? Just perpetuating the cycle by asking to get rid of Riley.

Riley has been a head coach in college 16 years, he's never won a conference or division title. Not sure what is going to suddenly change at 64 years old. I hope I'm wrong, but I think last year was his ceiling at Nebraska, maybe he gets a 10 win year if he's here until 70, but he's proven he's not a winner.

You very well could be right. But I still think we have a lot to offer. I'm not sure he's going to get a job at a top 20 PROGRAM. I still think we are that.
I would hope so, but I think we would also need an AD change to make that happen.

Riley is not going anywhere. Still paying Bo so we we would not pay Bo, Riley and a new guy. Anyone who think so is smoking the same crack crimson steel accused me of being on in the score prediction thread.
If he goes through this season, showing same results, I hope he calls it a career and resigns. Im so sick of this middling BS at NU.

Riley has been a head coach in college 16 years, he's never won a conference or division title. Not sure what is going to suddenly change at 64 years old. I hope I'm wrong, but I think last year was his ceiling at Nebraska, maybe he gets a 10 win year if he's here until 70, but he's proven he's not a winner.

Well if you're going to remove him, you don't do it when he has a bunch of big-time recruits lined up to come here.

Reactions: Huskerfan_99
Just takes a few years to get the system in place. Riley has great knowledge of the game and Diaco will have black shirts top 10 in Defense in about a year or 2.

When Riley was hired I wrote on this board that he was no better than an average coach who won barely more than 50% of his games. Who cares if I live in the Northwest and have watched him coach his entire career. Some knuckleheads back in Nebraska were so sure he would win in Lincoln with no justification. I got crucified by other writers as a "Bo Believer". Which I am not. Other people kept writing how once Mike got his "own players" the team would be so much better. Anyone read what Urban said this week about a coach having their own players? Riley has talent, he just can't coach. Does everyone realize that these same Ducks that are killing the Huskers will probably lose at least 4 games in the Pac 12.

We have no respect from anyone in the college football world anymore and what tears me apart the most? We don't deserve any respect with the atrocious play the Huskers have been exhibiting this afternoon in Eugene.

Riley is not going anywhere. Still paying Bo so we we would not pay Bo, Riley and a new guy. Anyone who think so is smoking the same crack crimson steel accused me of being on in the score prediction thread.
5 years ago you would be right. But being a full time B1G member and getting all that TV jack, it can probably be done.

And that's what he did. If you can't understand that, you know absolutely nothing about football. We have our two best DBs on the bench, and they have a RB that ran for 1900 yards when healthy. There aren't many options.

But our defense is decidedly different than last game. You don't understand that, which means you are sitting at the kids table.

You told the entire Nebraska and Iowa base that Diaco was hiding his "true" defense. You're now getting rolled 42-21. No one is an idiot here but you.

You do realize the DC calls the schemes and fronts, right?

You do realize that Parella is charge of the DL right? Only non Nebraska guys are held accountable for things by some on this board. No excuse, send his ass packing. The DL is an absolute joke and that's HIS unit.

You do realize that Parella is charge of the DL right? Only non Nebraska guys are held accountable for things by some on this board. No excuse, send his ass packing. The DL is an absolute joke and that's HIS unit.

Your so right, the 3 man front/ LB's covering slots is his call, my bad.

You told the entire Nebraska and Iowa base that Diaco was hiding his "true" defense. You're now getting rolled 42-21. No one is an idiot here but you.

He didn't call the defense even remotely like last week. Must suck to watch football and not understand what's going on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT