ADVERTISEMENT

1st HALF GAME THREAD!

Again, different if this is Wisc or Ohio St or Iowa or just about any other team in Big 10. THIS IS PURDUE. They are arguably one of the worse teams is the conference. This is not how the # 8 team in the country plays at home. Sorry, I can appreciate your class full half mentality, but this is not ok.

Who's glass half full? I expected Nebraska to have at least 1 loss by this point of the season. I also said last week that Wisconsin should be ranked ahead of Nebraska.

It completely baffles me as to what people expect to see out of this team? It's not rocket science. Every team is selling out against the run, yet people bitch when we don't run, despite the fact that our best position group is the receivers.

So we have 3 starting OL with bum ankles and the run is non existent, for most of the game. At one point we had 18 yards on 12 carries by the running backs. What do you expect to happen.

Tommy is not going to be the QB who causes the other team enough concern that they won't continue to load the box. So we are going to struggle and/or start slow because the OL depth is not there.

Oh and yes, it's Purdue and we're Nebraska. They should line up and just accept the ass kicking huh? This was the same Purdue team that went into Champaign and beat abother team that Nebraska struggled to beat. The same Purdue team that put 35 on Iowa last week (remind me again, what did they score today?).

It seemed to me that the Purdue AD made a very good decision by firing HCDH this week and put the WIDE RECEIVER coach in charge, and not a coordinator. I'm guessing the AD wants that guy retained by the new HC, whoever that will be.

As far as this isn't how the #8 team plays. Well I remember in 1992, Nebraska was tied for 8th with Colorado. Killed them, and #15 Kansas, then lost to Iowa State. I'm sure I can come up with other examples of less than stellar performances when being ranked in the top 10.

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT