ADVERTISEMENT

1st down on the NW 19

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
Just back from the game. First down on the 19, ten minutes left, Brown is your kicker. Running three times, burning two minutes of clock, the third run putting the ball between the hashes (assuming no first down) and attempting the FG is SO ELEMENTARY that doing anything different borders on insane. But I wasn't surprised. Nothing surprises me with this staff. That was this game's signature head-scratcher.

That was the biggie, but there were others. For instance, on the last NW KO you take Spielman aside and tell him flat out if the ball goes in the EZ, down it. Otherwise, he runs it out from 4 yards deep and we end up starting from the 7. I swear, my midget coaches for the South Omaha Eagles had more football sense.

Langsdorf actually said that we weren't in FG range there and couldn't just run it 3 times. I couldn't believe he said that.
Please tell me this is real. There is no way I would believe it but then again...he is Danny Langsdorf.

Langsdorf actually said that we weren't in FG range there and couldn't just run it 3 times. I couldn't believe he said that.
It was reported that he thought the question was about the last drive in regulation. Not the 1st down at the 19 yard line.

Reactions: dinglefritz
It is truly amazing they have the experience they do but still make these mistakes. Does make you think how bad the whole thing is from a coaching standpoint. It also gives some hope for a quick turnaround

Haven’t listened to these pressors in weeks. I like some of these guys but can’t stand them anymore. Just F up after F up.

Why the hell we were passing when we were with in Drew Browns range is another reason why Riley and Langs need to be out of here.

Reactions: Geck286
Also let’s not forget the sneaky good screen call on second down in OT. Not to mention the screen game has been a cluster F since Riley stepped foot in Lincoln. Genius.
Going for it TWICE on 4th down in your own territory early in the game against Purdue alone was a fireable offense IMO and we still won that game. The problem is that I see so many pretty good college coaches do similar goofy things. Les Miles was the king of stuff like that.

But the play would have worked if one of our O-lineman wouldn't have gotten beat. I mean, who could ever foresee something completely crazy like that happening to this offense?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT