ADVERTISEMENT

19th & Cornhusker is flooded.

14th and Old Cheney sucks!! Ready to rip orange cones out and start swinging at Lincoln city planners!!!:mad:
Get used to it. It will be literally years before that intersection is usable.

I had not seen that yet. Thanks. Only thing I don't care for is the single lane to get Northbound on 14th when going West on Old Cheney.

LOL if you think it'll ever run like that I have some amazing elixir guaranteed to cure all your ills for sale.

Some drainage areas in town are worse than others. Let's face it, that was a lot of water in a short period of time. This feast or famine weather pattern is only going to intensify. Better get used to it.

I don't think they've even done one thing yet on that 14th/old cheney deal. Whatever they do, I hope it works and they don't keep throwing money at it and altering-especially if it takes 4 years to construct. This city wastes a lot of money on band aid "road projects" that eventually costs even more when they finally gut the whole thing (cough see South 56th st over the last 20 yrs).

GBR

Some drainage areas in town are worse than others. Let's face it, that was a lot of water in a short period of time. This feast or famine weather pattern is only going to intensify. Better get used to it.

I don't think they've even done one thing yet on that 14th/old cheney deal. Whatever they do, I hope it works and they don't keep throwing money at it and altering-especially if it takes 4 years to construct. This city wastes a lot of money on band aid "road projects" that eventually costs even more when they finally gut the whole thing (cough see South 56th st over the last 20 yrs).

GBR
But if we fix roads right the first time, we don't get to employ contractors with public funds to fix the same stretches of road into perpetuity. We also wouldn't get to spend ungodly amounts of tax payer money on really new expensive equipment to fix the same potholes every week.

As a side note, other cities write contracts that include penalties for not finishing projects on time.

Well said. Completely agree. Sad this city's has a "you report it, we fix it" mentality to pot holes and street repair. Apparently none of them in those dept's drive in this city or have the ability to see something and just fix it. Nope, it's on us citizens to report and then ask them to use our money to fix it (side note: the only way this city will pay for damage to your vehicle caused by roads is if someone has already complained to them, they didn't fix it and then it damages your vehicle...then they will reimburse. Otherwise they will tell you that it's never been reported and therefore they aren't liable-but they will fix it now).

GBR

Same crap happens in Omaha. Every year the same stretches of road get repaired and each year the potholes come back worse than the year before.

Yea I think maybe they deal with the hand dealt. No amount of internet jockeys are going to be drawing up cheaper, better long-term plans. And the penalty for work not being done on time is a nice idea, but will grow increasingly flawed. It's harder everyday to find people who have the drive to do real labor. Why would they when it is looked down on, and people pushing for 15/hr to flip burgers?

Yea I think maybe they deal with the hand dealt. No amount of internet jockeys are going to be drawing up cheaper, better long-term plans. And the penalty for work not being done on time is a nice idea, but will grow increasingly flawed. It's harder everyday to find people who have the drive to do real labor. Why would they when it is looked down on, and people pushing for 15/hr to flip burgers?

You come up with a clever slang term for everyone don't ya.

Not saying I disagree with you because it would be impossible to tear up every street (especially the major streets) and repave them, but some of the patch work is lacking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT