ADVERTISEMENT

1999 CCG Team

jozimmer

Walk On
Sep 3, 2005
Serious question: Will the university bring back the 1999 CCG team, similar to when they brought back the 1997 NC team for the Wisconsin game, back for the Iowa game?

Eric Crouch, Dominic Raiola, Fonoti, etc.

Reactions: jeans15
Serious question: Will the university bring back the 1999 CCG team, similar to when they brought back the 1997 NC team for the Wisconsin game, back for the Iowa game?

Eric Crouch, Dominic Raiola, Fonoti, etc.
I notice only offensive players are listed. The Blackshirts carried that team, I want to say the offense fumbled more than any prior NU team. As good as Dan Alexander was, it was hard to trust him to hold onto the ball.

They should. Great team. One of the best we had not to win a National Championship. That defense was unbelievable.

Damn near a perfect defense.

But not as good as 2009

They could stop the run with just the front 4

I notice only offensive players are listed. The Blackshirts carried that team, I want to say the offense fumbled more than any prior NU team. As good as Dan Alexander was, it was hard to trust him to hold onto the ball.
Yeah Dan Alexander did suffer from some bouts with Fumbleitis

Dan "Manimal" Alexander was never actually tackled that entire season. Mostly he tripped over his own feet and feel down.

Dude was unstoppable in a straight line, but don't ask him to turn a corner. Or put his hands above his head.

The bowl game against Tennessee is still one of my all-time VHS games. The two 90+ yard drives were Solich at his very best. Absolutely shoved it down the Vols' throats, and they couldn't do anything about it. Except maybe have their All-American linebacker hauled off the field.

Reactions: saluno22
Dan "Manimal" Alexander was never actually tackled that entire season. Mostly he tripped over his own feet and feel down.

Dude was unstoppable in a straight line, but don't ask him to turn a corner. Or put his hands above his head.

The bowl game against Tennessee is still one of my all-time VHS games. The two 90+ yard drives were Solich at his very best. Absolutely shoved it down the Vols' throats, and they couldn't do anything about it. Except maybe have their All-American linebacker hauled off the field.
The underappreciated beginning of the end: McBride’s last game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT