ADVERTISEMENT

1995 NU Best Ever!! Period. EOD...

I get the argument here, but I think there is a much smaller drop off from 1995-2020. Our lineman were pushing 300 back in 95.

Like Rich Glover was 240 pounds in the 70"s

Our Starting OL in 1971

Doug Dumler - 242 lbs
Carl Johnson - 252 lbs
Dick Rupert - 221 lbs
Daryl White - 238 lbs
Keith Wortman - 238 lbs

Vs

Rob Zatechka - 315 lbs
Brenden Stai - 300 lbs
Aaron Graham - 280 lbs
Joel Wilks - 280 lbs
Zach Wiegert - 300 lbs

What I am getting at is you comparing 71 to 94/95 is like comparing McLovin to Arnold Schwarzenegger

Where as comparing 94/95 to 2019/20 is like comparing Arnold Schwarzenegger to Bob Sapp
I'd agree on the size thing. I tend to think that, overall, OLs today a more agile and mobile now. I'm not saying that they were all fat slobs in 1995, as there were guys that could move....just a little more agile today as a whole.

Last edited:
I'd agree on the size thing. I tend to think that, overall, OLs today a more agile and mobile now. I'm not saying that they were all fat slobs in 1995, as there were guys that could move....just a little more agile today as a whole.
I think LSU would have an advandtage do to size, but I also think NU's scheme in 95 was unstoppable. If they played today, I think that LSU wins due to size and athletism evolving into what it is today. They don't win by 30+ though.

The greatest team of all time, can only be judged upon the results at the time they played and that 95 team may never be beat IMO. This LSU team is right up there though!

There's no question the 1995 Huskers are the greatest team ever. LSU struggled with 3 teams in which 2 of them were not even in the top 10 and one of them was not even ranked. By the way, they only beat 5 top 10 teams not 7 like they like to erroneously promote. 1995 Nebraska didn't struggle with anybody including 4 top 10 teams by an average margin of 30 points a game all capped off with the largest national championship blowout in the history of college football over a Florida team who also didn't struggle with anybody leading up to that Nebraska game including 3 top 10 teams in of course blowout fashion.

If Florida had of won that game, then they themselves would have had an argument to go down as the greatest team ever, but they just so happened to literally walk right into the face of THEE Greatest team ever for the largest national championship blowout in history.

There's no question the 1995 Huskers are the greatest team ever. LSU struggled with 3 teams in which 2 of them were not even in the top 10 and one of them was not even ranked. By the way, they only beat 5 top 10 teams not 7 like they like to erroneously promote. 1995 Nebraska didn't struggle with anybody including 4 top 10 teams by an average margin of 30 points a game all capped off with the largest national championship blowout in the history of college football over a Florida team who also didn't struggle with anybody leading up to that Nebraska game including 3 top 10 teams in of course blowout fashion.

If Florida had of won that game, then they themselves would have had an argument to go down as the greatest team ever, but they just so happened to literally walk right into the face of THEE Greatest team ever for the largest national championship blowout in history.
Yes....1995 Nebraska beat people worse that 2019 LSU did....but that can't be your only measure between teams 20+ years apart. To me, you need to consider that players, IN GENERAL, are faster and more athletic today.

Forget 2019 LSU for a minute. The 2018 Alabama team had 12 players selected in the 2019 NFL draft. 4 were taken in the 1st round. The 1995 Nebraska team had 6 players drafted, with 1 in the 1st round in the 1996 NFL draft. I won't say that 1995 Nebraska would never beat that team, but if they played 10 times, I'd bet good money that 2018 Alabama wins 7-8 of them.

One 2020 mock draft I have looked at has the following number of draft selections for the 1st round:

Alabama- 6
LSU- 4
Ohio State- 3
Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma- 2

LSU beat 4 of those teams....3 of them pretty handily.

None of the ranked teams Nebraska beat in 1995 (Colorado, K-State, Kansas, Florida) had anyone drafted in the 1st round.

Firstly you've got to screw off the NFL in this discussion.

You can only go by what they accomplished at the time.

Really some of the best teams to assemble were way way back in the day.

If you segment eras that makes much more sense due to the science of the sport and its application to get noticeable results in the human body, or rules to the game that could potentially change the outcomes of games.

The science of developing a human being has not been revolutionized from even the late 80 s to what you see today. Those huge changes began in the mid 70 s to mid 80 s from what I can tell. And a lot of that was Nebraska re

Firstly you've got to screw off the NFL in this discussion.

You can only go by what they accomplished at the time.

Really some of the best teams to assemble were way way back in the day.

If you segment eras that makes much more sense due to the science of the sport and its application to get noticeable results in the human body, or rules to the game that could potentially change the outcomes of games.

The science of developing a human being has not been revolutionized from even the late 80 s to what you see today. Those huge changes began in the mid 70 s to mid 80 s from what I can tell. And a lot of that was Nebraska re
I am going by what they accomplished at their time.....and who they accomplished it against.

As far as "screwing off the NFL" goes....you also need to have that discussion with the person that used a list of all the Nebraska guys that played ANY level of post-NCAA football (even the ones that were not even really playing much in the 1995 season, and were underclassmen) to bolster his point.

In other words, you don't get it both ways.

I am going by what they accomplished at their time.....and who they accomplished it against.

As far as "screwing off the NFL" goes....you also need to have that discussion with the person that used a list of all the Nebraska guys that played ANY level of post-NCAA football (even the ones that were not even really playing much in the 1995 season, and were underclassmen) to bolster his point.

In other words, you don't get it both ways.

I'm not that dude so I'm not arguing about NFL pointing to anything related to college. So please direct that business where it belongs.

1995 players were most definately in the same range of weight and ability as today's players.

One aspect I think gets overlooked is the rule changes. For instance the ability to get rough and nasty back then espeacially against the QB, compared to now is, in my opinion, a huge factor.

And what about all the holding onto jerseys.....for Pete's sake I could make an argument that the lineman in the 70 s were far superior in skill because they couldn't grab jerseys...at all. Not like today's patty cake don't hit hard but grab ass each other football we see.

I'm not that dude so I'm not arguing about NFL pointing to anything related to college. So please direct that business where it belongs.

1995 players were most definately in the same range of weight and ability as today's players.

One aspect I think gets overlooked is the rule changes. For instance the ability to get rough and nasty back then espeacially against the QB, compared to now is, in my opinion, a huge factor.

And what about all the holding onto jerseys.....for Pete's sake I could make an argument that the lineman in the 70 s were far superior in skill because they couldn't grab jerseys...at all. Not like today's patty cake don't hit hard but grab ass each other football we see.
On weight and ability from 1995 to now, I'd agree. Overall team speed and agility I'd argue is better today.

And no, that doesn't mean that there weren't fast guys then. I'm very aware that there was, and that those guys could play today.

I was playing football in the 1990s....that's how lineman were taught to block then too. The B1G in general doesn't call a ton of holds...a very pro-Husker website discussed that a couple of years ago regarding a game in which Nebraska and their opponent that previous week (Northwestern, I think) were called for a combined 1 holding penalty.

Yes....1995 Nebraska beat people worse that 2019 LSU did....but that can't be your only measure between teams 20+ years apart. To me, you need to consider that players, IN GENERAL, are faster and more athletic today.

Forget 2019 LSU for a minute. The 2018 Alabama team had 12 players selected in the 2019 NFL draft. 4 were taken in the 1st round. The 1995 Nebraska team had 6 players drafted, with 1 in the 1st round in the 1996 NFL draft. I won't say that 1995 Nebraska would never beat that team, but if they played 10 times, I'd bet good money that 2018 Alabama wins 7-8 of them.

One 2020 mock draft I have looked at has the following number of draft selections for the 1st round:

Alabama- 6
LSU- 4
Ohio State- 3
Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma- 2

LSU beat 4 of those teams....3 of them pretty handily.

None of the ranked teams Nebraska beat in 1995 (Colorado, K-State, Kansas, Florida) had anyone drafted in the 1st round.

So Alabama this year was better than LSU... I got it.

So Alabama this year was better than LSU... I got it.
On the day they played, LSU was better. From a pure talent standpoint, it is very possible Alabama is better.

Between which set of teams do you think the talent differential is most likely the greatest (possible 1st rounders and 1st rounders drafted)?
2019 LSU (4) and 2019 Alabama (6)
2019 Alabama (6) and 1995 Nebraska (1)

Last edited:
On weight and ability from 1995 to now, I'd agree. Overall team speed and agility I'd argue is better today.

And no, that doesn't mean that there weren't fast guys then. I'm very aware that there was, and that those guys could play today.

I was playing football in the 1990s....that's how lineman were taught to block then too. The B1G in general doesn't call a ton of holds...a very pro-Husker website discussed that a couple of years ago regarding a game in which Nebraska and their opponent that previous week (Northwestern, I think) were called for a combined 1 holding penalty.
Why are you a Nebraska fan arguing your very best against the 1995 Huskers being the greatest ever? I just can't get over that part and don't understand it at all.

Why are you a Nebraska fan arguing your very best against the 1995 Huskers being the greatest ever? I just can't get over that part and don't understand it at all.
Because I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker.

I've explained it already on another long, drawn out thread, and I'm not doing it again.

Because I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker.

I've explained it already on another long, drawn out thread, and I'm not doing it again.
C'mon now. I myself get accused of being an undercover fan of whatever team this fanbase likes to accuse the incendiary thinkers to be. But I would never in a million years try to argue against my team being the very best ever. I mean what in the flying monkies do you seek to achieve by doing that? You can argue about our coaches being the "guys" for the team. You can argue about our direction under Frost. You can argue about whatever aspect of this team you want to argue about today. But no logical thinking Huskerfan should argue about past accomplishments as if they were literally a fan of the other team they're arguing in favor for. I mean LSU fans don't even know some of the crazy stuff you're up here researching for their team and against Nebraska. But to each his own.

I'm going to back my opinion with facts, hence the research, instead of being a blatant homer and spewing falsehoods.

We're not talking rocket science or quantum physics here.

When you are arguing there is usually an objective. Your objective in an argument should be to convince whoever you're arguing with that your side of the argument is most valid to belief.

So in this case you are either flat out arguing in favor of Nebraska or another team. It's right here that I question your objective.

Why are you trying to convince people that the 1995 Huskers are not the best team ever?!?! You shouldn't even really have any counter arguments to that if you're a real fan of that team and believe they are the greatest team ever. For you to have any counters at all literally suggest you are a fan of another team because it sounds as if you don't want the 1995 Huskers to be the best team ever or that you are trying to convince people that they are not the best team ever. So there is the issue. Why are you doing that dude?

C'mon now. I myself get accused of being an undercover fan of whatever team this fanbase likes to accuse the incendiary thinkers to be. But I would never in a million years try to argue against my team being the very best ever. I mean what in the flying monkies do you seek to achieve by doing that? You can argue about our coaches being the "guys" for the team. You can argue about our direction under Frost. You can argue about whatever aspect of this team you want to argue about today. But no logical thinking Huskerfan should argue about past accomplishments as if they were literally a fan of the other team they're arguing in favor for. I mean LSU fans don't even know some of the crazy stuff you're up here researching for their team and against Nebraska. But to each his own.
I'm replying to you the same was I did on another thread when it was a topic of discussion for several posters that were obsessed with me (not that you are). This is basically my reply that is cut and pasted here, so it saves me the time of re-typing it, with a few changes (comments initially directed to someone else). You're free to agree or disagree, but don't complain about the length...you inquired, after all.

When I was younger, I took it (Husker FB) much more seriously. However, as I got older, some things began to occur....

1) I attended a college that wasn't Nebraska, and was a college athlete in my own right (not a great one, but one nonetheless). That took priority over the Huskers...and I refuse to apologize for that....especially to a bunch of dimwits on a message board. Heck.....once of them actually accused me of being a Colorado fan posing as an Iowa fan posting as a Husker fan.

2) I got married and raised a kid, who now also goes to college...and not at Nebraska. Everything that comes with that became priority over a football team at a school I didn't compete for or attend. Again....not apologizing for that, either...and, again, especially to a bunch of dimwits on a message board.

3) The Huskers began not winning as much as they once did, and I realized that nothing at all happened in my life because of it. I finally discovered that my bad moods and occasional headaches after a loss when I was younger were wastes of time and energy.

4) The reaction our fans had when things weren't going well under Callahan and (at times) Pelini was an eye opener. Kids of Callahan assistants were heckled by adults at their games. Niles Paul's family being verbally harassed after losing to Texas in 2010, as well as him receiving death threats all because he dropped a few passes. Kind of soured on being a "big-time" fan after that as well.

I enjoy the game, and college football in general....but it is just that for me....a game.

You can question an opinion of mine respectfully, and I'll give you the same respect back...and don't take this as a personal attack, but this is the last time I'll be defending the nature of my posts to you.

When you are arguing there is usually an objective. Your objective in an argument should be to convince whoever you're arguing with that your side of the argument is most valid to belief.

So in this case you are either flat out arguing in favor of Nebraska or another team. It's right here that I question your objective.

Why are you trying to convince people that the 1995 Huskers are not the best team ever?!?! You shouldn't even really have any counter arguments to that if you're a real fan of that team and believe they are the greatest team ever. For you to have any counters at all literally suggest you are a fan of another team because it sounds as if you don't want the 1995 Huskers to be the best team ever or that you are trying to convince people that they are not the best team ever. So there is the issue. Why are you doing that dude?
1) People are free to think what they want. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything any more than anyone else on here is.

2) There is no rule written that I have to believe that the 1995 Huskers are the greatest team ever in order to be a Husker fan. If you can show that to me in the Husker Fan Rule Book, feel free.

3) My counters are pointing out facts that a. teams today are, in general, faster and stronger than in 1995, and b. the teams in the CFB playoff tend to have more NFL-draft caliber talent than did the 1995 Huskers.....or the ranked teams they beat, for that matter. For example....zero doubt in my mind that 2019 Alabama, which finished #8, is a far better team than 1995 Colorado, which finished #5.

4) Did I ever consider the 1995 Huskers to have been the best college football team in history? Absolutely...until about 4-5 years ago. Now, I just appreciate what was, hope they can get back someday, and just enjoy and appreciate the talent of today's game....regardless of who it is.

Last edited:
1) People are free to think what they want. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything any more than anyone else on here is.

2) There is no rule written that I have to believe that the 1995 Huskers are the greatest team ever in order to be a Husker fan. If you can show that to me in the Husker Fan Rule Book, feel free.

3) My counters are pointing out facts that a. teams today are, in general, faster and stronger than in 1995, and b. the teams in the CFB playoff tend to have more NFL-draft caliber talent than did the 1995 Huskers.....or the ranked teams they beat, for that matter. For example....zero doubt in my mind that 2019 Alabama, which finished #8, is a far better team than 1995 Colorado, which finished #5.

4) Did I ever consider the 1995 Huskers to have been the best college football team in history? Absolutely...until about 4-5 years ago. Now, I just appreciate what was, hope they can get back someday, and just enjoy and appreciate the talent of today's game....regardless of who it is.
You sound a little ambivalent to be honest in your post. Almost sounds like you don't know where to lean ultimately on who you believe actually is the best team ever. Kind of sounds like you're just arguing just to be arguing which is fine by the way, but I just had to clear that up to see where you're coming from.

You sound a little ambivalent to be honest in your post. Almost sounds like you don't know where to lean ultimately on who you believe actually is the best team ever. Kind of sounds like you're just arguing just to be arguing which is fine by the way, but I just had to clear that up to see where you're coming from.
Not ambivalent.....it just doesn't rule my life like it once did.

Not ambivalent.....it just doesn't rule my life like it once did.
It doesn't rule my life either. And I'll talk all kinds of sh*t about our team when need be like hell if they perform horribly to where people will accuse me of being an Iowa, Oklahoma, or whoever kind of fan. But there is no good reason in hell to discredit some of our best national championship winning teams ever. Period. But like I said earlier, to each his own.

It doesn't rule my life either. And I'll talk all kinds of sh*t about our team when need be like hell if they perform horribly to where people will accuse me of being an Iowa, Oklahoma, or whoever kind of fan. But there is no good reason in hell to discredit some of our best national championship winning teams ever. Period. But like I said earlier, to each his own.
I'm not discrediting anyone. To me, discrediting would be saying that the 1995 Huskers really weren't that good. That's not what I said.

The 1995 Huskers were what everyone says they were...and they replaced whoever had been considered the best team of all time prior to that.

Hard fact of life....someone will always come along that is better.

Last edited:
I'm not discrediting anyone. The 1995 Huskers were what everyone said they were.

At some point before 1995, there was a best of all time college football team. That team was replaced by the 1995 Huskers. One hard fact of life is this---it doesn't how good someone or something is, someone will eventually come along that is better.

If I talk positively about the person that breaks Usain Bolt's world records (which will happen), am I discrediting Usain Bolt?
The thing about it is there's so much glitz and glammer about a whole football season and who won this award and who had that many draft picks and who achieved this record and so on. But the absolute most unequivocal thing to look at when you compare "best teams ever" in regard to college football is how much flat out ass did you whoop...… while in college. Point blank.

See the "best team ever" debate is not really fair in a sense because some teams can win it all and then don't have the "schedule" to help give them a leg in that argument such as 2018 Clemson. But then there's teams who have played a hefty amount of good teams and may have gotten warn down by having too tough of a schedule. 2019 LSU did beat a lot of good teams but the fact that they struggled immensely to beat Auburn by 3, Alabama by 5, and even Texas by 7 kind of eliminates them from that argument of "best team ever". Good job on beating some other good teams. But the "best team ever" award should go to who flat out just kick the straight dogsh*t out of teams every single step of the way every single week of the season. And that goes only to the single team in college football history that had zero close games all season long capped off with the largest national championship victory in college football history ….. over a Florida team that also had an unprecedented zero close games leading up to that matchup themselves in which they too could have got "best team ever" recognition had they have blown Nebraska out.

LSU unfortunately didn't have that kind of "dance partner" to beat to even be considered as the "best team ever". In fact, when's the last time a team in the modern day era ever got to the national championships with zero close games every step of the way? It's a miraculous feet in itself. Nebraska was lucky to not only do it but to have the right dance partner that did it as well to make their victory over them that much more impressive.

Everything has to go right in order to achieve that type of title. LSU's defensive struggles, low margin of victory, and close struggling games with some teams that were not even good unfortunately doesn't give them the credibility to claim the "best team ever" title. Now in regard to the glits and glammer award stuff, sure. I'll give them the "greatest single season" claim. But they struggled to make that season happen. And when you strip all the "award and accomplishment" talk out of the picture and just look at who straight up kicked the most ass, then that only goes to the team that's never struggled with any opponent all-season long which is a feet that's never been done before it happened nor after it happened till this day on top of their historic natty performance. And the answer is clear that the "best team ever" is in fact the 1995 NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS.

Reactions: Baxter48 and 1632
The thing about it is there's so much glitz and glammer about a whole football season and who won this award and who had that many draft picks and who achieved this record and so on. But the absolute most unequivocal thing to look at when you compare "best teams ever" in regard to college football is how much flat out ass did you whoop...… while in college. Point blank.

See the "best team ever" debate is not really fair in a sense because some teams can win it all and then don't have the "schedule" to help give them a leg in that argument such as 2018 Clemson. But then there's teams who have played a hefty amount of good teams and may have gotten warn down by having too tough of a schedule. 2019 LSU did beat a lot of good teams but the fact that they struggled immensely to beat Auburn by 3, Alabama by 5, and even Texas by 7 kind of eliminates them from that argument of "best team ever". Good job on beating some other good teams. But the "best team ever" award should go to who flat out just kick the straight dogsh*t out of teams every single step of the way every single week of the season. And that goes only to the single team in college football history that had zero close games all season long capped off with the largest national championship victory in college football history ….. over a Florida team that also had an unprecedented zero close games leading up to that matchup themselves in which they too could have got "best team ever" recognition had they have blown Nebraska out.

LSU unfortunately didn't have that kind of "dance partner" to beat to even be considered as the "best team ever". In fact, when's the last time a team in the modern day era ever got to the national championships with zero close games every step of the way? It's a miraculous feet in itself. Nebraska was lucky to not only do it but to have the right dance partner that did it as well to make their victory over them that much more impressive.

Everything has to go right in order to achieve that type of title. LSU's defensive struggles, low margin of victory, and close struggling games with some teams that were not even good unfortunately doesn't give them the credibility to claim the "best team ever" title. Now in regard to the glits and glammer award stuff, sure. I'll give them the "greatest single season" claim. But they struggled to make that season happen. And when you strip all the "award and accomplishment" talk out of the picture and just look at who straight up kicked the most ass, then that only goes to the team that's never struggled with any opponent all-season long which is a feet that's never been done before it happened nor after it happened till this day on top of their historic natty performance. And the answer is clear that the "best team ever" is in fact the 1995 NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS.
I noticed that, in your entire reply, you didn't actually answer my question on "discrediting"...but oh well.

Look....you and I just see things differently, and, as far as I know, there is no official definition on how to define "greatest team ever". I get the whole "ass whipping" stuff, and that's fine and dandy. But I also consider who would win in a head-to-head match up of both teams in their prime...and the teams against which they played. To me, looking at the talent that all of the teams involved is important, and a big indicator of that is the number of guys that get selected in the NFL draft. To me, there's no comparison between the Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, and Clemson teams of 2019, and the 1995 versions of Florida, Colorado, KU and K-State. All of those recent aforementioned 2019 teams would kick the crap out of the latter-mentioned 1995 teams.

To me, a 4-point win at #3 Alabama is much more impressive than a 38-point win at Lawrence. Pretty sure that 2019 Alabama beats 1995 KU by at least 50. No doubt in my mind that Bryant-Denny is a tougher place to play than Lawrence, even in KU's best seasons.

To me, a 2-point win by LSU at home against #9 Auburn is much more impressive than a 14-point home win against a 3-8 Washington State team.

Yeah...I know LSU gave up 402 on the ground to Ole Miss (in Oxford....right after back to back games against Alabama and Auburn...still beat Ole Miss by 21). I also know they held Alabama and Auburn each to under 150 on the ground, and held Georgia to 67 in the SEC title game. That tells me that the 402 was a fluke, not the norm. And yes, I am aware that Nebraska average was in the 70s for rush defense that year....but, again, I am comparing opponents, not just win-loss margins. 2019 Georgia, Alabama, Clemson and Auburn are far superior than any of the 1995 ranked Nebraska opponents. Sorry.

Regarding Florida not having any close games in 1995....an article came out several months afterwards in which a few of the Husker players said that, heading into the Fiesta Bowl, they felt that Colorado was actually better than Florida. 1995 SEC wasn't like 2019 SEC....

Look...I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this. We can spend all day going back and forth, and neither of us are going to convince the other. I do appreciate the civility. See you on another thread!

Last edited:
On the day they played, LSU was better. From a pure talent standpoint, it is very possible Alabama is better.

Between which set of teams do you think the talent differential is most likely the greatest (possible 1st rounders and 1st rounders drafted)?
2019 LSU (4) and 2019 Alabama (6)
2019 Alabama (6) and 1995 Nebraska (1)

Nope, Alabama was better by your standards. Now run along.....

Nope, Alabama was better by your standards. Now run along.....
Laughing He won't run along, and that's his problem. From the evidence of his posts, his wisdom (if any) walks hand in hand with his idiocy, his emotions rule his brain, and he gives battle to just about anything good or positive others say about Nebraska football, always arguing to the edge of lunacy, trying to make sure his point is the only point that matters. He's been outed before and resurrected himself as Mr. Reality now, sooner or later, the mods will show him the door, again.

Reactions: scarletred and _1
Laughing He won't run along, and that's his problem. From the evidence of his posts, his wisdom (if any) walks hand in hand with his idiocy, his emotions rule his brain, and he gives battle to just about anything good or positive others say about Nebraska football, always arguing to the edge of lunacy, trying to make sure his point is the only point that matters. He's been outed before and resurrected himself as Mr. Reality now, sooner or later, the mods will show him the door, again.
Still think he’s a Iowa troll

I noticed that, in your entire reply, you didn't actually answer my question on "discrediting"...but oh well.

Look....you and I just see things differently, and, as far as I know, there is no official definition on how to define "greatest team ever". I get the whole "ass whipping" stuff, and that's fine and dandy. But I also consider who would win in a head-to-head match up of both teams in their prime...and the teams against which they played. To me, looking at the talent that all of the teams involved is important, and a big indicator of that is the number of guys that get selected in the NFL draft. To me, there's no comparison between the Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, and Clemson teams of 2019, and the 1995 versions of Florida, Colorado, KU and K-State. All of those recent aforementioned 2019 teams would kick the crap out of the latter-mentioned 1995 teams.

To me, a 4-point win at #3 Alabama is much more impressive than a 38-point win at Lawrence. Pretty sure that 2019 Alabama beats 1995 KU by at least 50. No doubt in my mind that Bryant-Denny is a tougher place to play than Lawrence, even in KU's best seasons.

To me, a 2-point win by LSU at home against #9 Auburn is much more impressive than a 14-point home win against a 3-8 Washington State team.

Yeah...I know LSU gave up 402 on the ground to Ole Miss (in Oxford....right after back to back games against Alabama and Auburn...still beat Ole Miss by 21). I also know they held Alabama and Auburn each to under 150 on the ground, and held Georgia to 67 in the SEC title game. That tells me that the 402 was a fluke, not the norm. And yes, I am aware that Nebraska average was in the 70s for rush defense that year....but, again, I am comparing opponents, not just win-loss margins. 2019 Georgia, Alabama, Clemson and Auburn are far superior than any of the 1995 ranked Nebraska opponents. Sorry.

Regarding Florida not having any close games in 1995....an article came out several months afterwards in which a few of the Husker players said that, heading into the Fiesta Bowl, they felt that Colorado was actually better than Florida. 1995 SEC wasn't like 2019 SEC....

Look...I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this. We can spend all day going back and forth, and neither of us are going to convince the other. I do appreciate the civility. See you on another thread!

Unfortunately, I can’t acknowledge every little detail of what you type since that would take “the world’s longest novel” in regard to how I type. But in regard to “discrediting”, well you are “discrediting” Nebraska in what you say in your post. You “discredit” their wins, their season, who they beat, and hell you’re pretty much “discrediting” every single football team in 1995 it sounds like.

You seem to try your very best at it even bringing in stuff that isn’t even practical such as all your “to me….” Statements. I’m not mad at it though. And I do respect your opinion and where you stand on this matter.

By the way, you also say you like to talk about who would win in the “head to head” matchup relative to given eras. Well I put it like this, if the 1995 Huskers, by your account, made *every single team* in their era “look” irrelevant, then that tells you they were a much more dominating force than the team of today that struggled heavily against multiple teams not even in the top 10 ….I repeat…. Not even in the top 10. You can’t just sweep that point under the rug if you’re talking about who’d win in a head to head relative to their given era. And I know this doesn’t matter to you, but literally nobody believes that the entire 1995 football season took a break from college football to make Nebraska look absolutely unstoppable. It’s been written on multiple articles as well with writers saying things such as “I refuse to believe that the entire 1995 football season just took a break so Nebraska could have the best season ever”. How on earth could that logically even make sense? Do you think Floyd “Money” Mayweather is not great and that every single opponent he faced just so happened to “take a break” on him when they faced him? No. The guys he beat would still rule today. And by the way, that “Nebraska saying Colorado was better than Florida” argument is bullsh*t seeing as that same Florida team literally just won the national championship the very next year in dominating fashion. So you missed me with that one.

You are say you like to “compare opponents” but how did that pare out for Clemson vs. Ohio State? Didn’t matter. OSU clearly beat the better teams but when they faced an elite in Clemson it didn’t matter. I’ll let you know that the main opponent you need to compare when both teams already beat a handful of good top 10 teams already are the ones they played in that given year’s national championship game. And like I said before LSU didn’t even have the “dance partner” to beat to even be the “best team ever” nor did they beat Clemson by as much as Nebraska beat the much better Florida team in 95. Remember Florida also equally did the unprecedented “zero close games” feet in the year they met Nebraska for that year’s national championship while Nebraska did the unprecedented “largest national championship blowout in college football history” on them as well.

Also I have got to ask, why are you not looking for ways to “discredit” LSU like you’re obviously looking for ways to do it for the Huskers? Seriously, at least try to look for some “discrediting” info on them in just the slightest bit to prove that you’re in fact a real Husker fan because everything you say against Nebraska and for another team you must understand makes it literally impossible to see you as a fan of this Husker team. Now I’ll talk sh*t about our team all day when they perform poorly. I’ll do that better than you or anybody else you’ll see on this entire forum I can guarantee it. But f*ck me if I ever discredit our best teams ever. Why the hell for? I mean do you see ANY LSU fan or fan of whoever doing that type of sh*t no matter how objective they are? Show me one. It doesn’t happen. It doesn’t happen when you’re a fan of a certain team. Not to the extent that you’re arguing – looking up evidence to discredit your team, going out of your way to pump up another teams accomplishments, standing strong on your argument for another team even, rebelling against all your own teams fans, etc. I mean hell do you do that with your own wife or kids? Do you tell people that your kid or wife’s performance isn’t sh*t or try to discredit them as much as you can when most people already were telling you their performance was the greatest ever? Nobody goes thaaat far and argues thaaaat hard in favor of something else and against their own team especially when that team was widely considered by many the “greatest of all time”. I mean what’s there to argue about when you’re a fan of that caliber of team? Are you not impressed by their accomplishments and expect more? What more could they have done to impress you in your eyes?

Lastly, I’ll end off with this. I do get it. I do get that we’ll never convince one another of our own views and argument. We’ll have to agree to disagree and I can’t even believe I’m saying that in regard to our best team ever that’s already widely considered by most as the greatest team ever anyway. But you must understand that you sound like a “hater” (I know you aren’t obviously) when you go fuuullll force with all your heart and intent against the very best Nebraska team ever (which if you are a fan of you shouldn’t have anything negative to say about them but you do apparently) and then turn around and go fuuuullllll force in favor of another team having that argument as well.

I appreciate the scintillating conversation we’ve had about the topic. And you seem like a wise man who has many good interesting things to say in all these discussions. I’ll catch you on another thread as well bud.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
ADVERTISEMENT