ADVERTISEMENT

1995 NU Best Ever!! Period. EOD...

You really have to be more objective on this..
Your post was made before last night’s game..
I’m not saying 95 Nebraska doesn’t deserve its merits but..

15-0 and beating 5 teams in the top 8... Give then their do hasn’t been done before..
Why I said top 3. If 95 had played 15 games we would have trounced 15 teams. 95 didn't have one close game. LSU had a couple.

Why I said top 3. If 95 had played 15 games we would have trounced 15 teams. 95 didn't have one close game. LSU had a couple.

Washington St was only 14 points and they weren’t ranked..

Alabama and Auburn were.

Only two teams they didn’t beat soundly were Auburn and Alabama..

Beating 2,4,6,7 and 8 teams in the final AP poll gives a pretty good resume for the best team of all time if you ask me especially if your comparing it to the 1971 Nebraska team who beat 2,3,4 and 1995 Nebraska team who beat 4 teams in the top 10..

They struggled with Texas and Florida. You obviously didn't watch those games.

Look at the original post I put up. I count 7 teams in the 2000s that 95 NU is rated higher than. LSU is in the top 3 best discussion but best of all time? Don't think so.

Head to head they would beat the 95 team by 30 pts. How can you not even see the huge difference in talent?

Head to head they would beat the 95 team by 30 pts. How can you not even see the huge difference in talent?
NFL and pro players[edit]
The following Nebraska players who participated in the 1995 season later moved on to the next level and joined a professional or semi-pro team as draftees or free agents.[6]

Name Team
Eric Anderson
Amsterdam Admirals
Michael Booker Atlanta Falcons
Kris Brown Pittsburgh Steelers
Doug Colman New York Giants
Chris Dishman Arizona Cardinals
Jay Foreman Buffalo Bills
Tommie Frazier Montreal Alouettes
Scott Frost New York Jets
Aaron Graham Arizona Cardinals
Ahman Green Seattle Seahawks
Jon Hesse Green Bay Packers
Sheldon Jackson Buffalo Bills
Vershan Jackson Kansas City Chiefs
Chad Kelsay Pittsburgh Steelers
Bill Lafleur Barcelona Dragons
Joel Makovicka Arizona Cardinals
Mike Minter Carolina Panthers
Tony Ortiz Scottish Claymores
Christian Peter New York Giants
Jason Peter Carolina Panthers
Lawrence Phillips St. Louis Rams
Mike Rucker Carolina Panthers
Eric Stokes Seattle Seahawks
Jared Tomich New Orleans Saints
Larry Townsend Berlin Thunder
Adam Treu Oakland Raiders
Tony Veland Denver Broncos
Eric Warfield Kansas City Chiefs
Jamel Williams Washington Redskins
Tyrone Williams Green Bay Packers
Jason Wiltz New York Jets
Grant Wistrom St. Louis Rams
Jon Zatechka Berlin Thunder
Count up the NFL talent on that 1995 team. I'll wait patiently Mr. LSU media rep. 30 points? Just start watching football last night son??

Touché, but we won’t take in consideration beating three top 8 teams soundly at seasons end..

I'm not here to argue about LSU's schedule, it was plenty tough, but they could have easily lost 4 games this year. Take Burrow off that team and they would have lost 4 games IMO.

Reactions: HBK4life
Legacy[edit]
Due to their performance against Florida, victories over four teams that finished in the top 10 (by an average score of 49–18), consistent dominance (smallest margin of victory was 14 points, trailed only once all season, rushed for 51 touchdowns and 400 yards per game while allowing only 6 rushing touchdowns all season and 78 rushing yards per game), their record-setting offensive performance, and their statistically impressive defense throughout the season, the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers are widely regarded as the greatest team in college football history. The team set Division 1-A records by averaging 7.0 yards per rushing attempt, allowing zero quarterback sacks, and allowing five punt returns (for 12 yards) over the entire season. The Cornhuskers average margin of victory was over 38 points, the largest of any Division 1-A team since World War II, despite regularly resting starters after halftime. Analysts often make comparisons to other recent highly regarded champions, such as the 2001 Miami Hurricanes and the 2004 USC Trojans.[3] Such comparisons, as noted by the experts themselves, are nearly impossible to make, as rankings vary from evaluation to evaluation. The 1994 and 1995 Nebraska teams, which went a combined 25–0, remain the only undefeated and untied back-to-back national champions since Oklahoma in 1955 and 1956. In 2011, the 1995 Cornhuskers were named by Playboy Magazine as the greatest college football team of the Playboy era (since 1957).[4]

The 1995 team would get waxed by LSU or Clemson. The speed and strength differences are huge. Just sit back and enjoy what we had in the 70S and 90s as dominant over teams at the time, but don't delude yourself into thinking those teams belong on the same field -and I have been closely following NU football for 60 years.
So I'll be generous and say you started following Husker football CLOSELY, at 10. You're 70 now gramps? Congrats on using the interwebs and computeterer so well.

Look at the original post I put up. I count 7 teams in the 2000s that 95 NU is rated higher than. LSU is in the top 3 best discussion but best of all time? Don't think so.
People can argue stats, margins of victory, etc. until we're blue in the face.

I made my assertion based on these things....

1) The 2019 SEC is a stronger conference than the 1995 Big 8.

2) The teams that LSU beat this year had a combined win % of .600. The teams Nebraska beat had a combined .539 win %, so Nebraska beating people worse then than LSU did now is kind of irrelevant.

3) Players today are stronger and faster (and probably bigger and faster on the lines) than in 1995. Just a fact. I doubt the ranking you shared takes that into account.

Therefore, if the 2019 LSU team lined up and played the 1995 Huskers, while both are in their primes, my money is on LSU...and I'll give you 10 points.

LSU deserves a spot alongside nebraska 71, nebraska 95, and miami 01. If OSU had won the whole thing I'd say the same about them. They both had some of the most impressive seasons I've witnessed, which goes back to the mid 80s.

That being said, it's stupid to say that a team this year would beat one from 25 years ago. Of course they would, but that doesnt mean they are the best team ever.

Reactions: 1632

2) The teams that LSU beat this year had a combined win % of .600. The teams Nebraska beat had a combined .539 win %, so Nebraska beating people worse then than LSU did now is kind of irrelevant.

3) Players today are stronger and faster (and probably bigger and faster on the lines) than in 1995. Just a fact. I doubt the ranking you shared takes that into account.

Therefore, if the 2019 LSU team lined up and played the 1995 Huskers, while both are in their primes, my money is on LSU...and I'll give you 10 points.

LSU deserves a spot alongside nebraska 71, nebraska 95, and miami 01. If OSU had won the whole thing I'd say the same about them. They both had some of the most impressive seasons I've witnessed, which goes back to the mid 80s.

That being said, it's stupid to say that a team this year would beat one from 25 years ago. Of course they would, but that doesnt mean they are the best team ever.

1) 5 of the 14 SEC teams where in the top 25... In 1995 half of the Big 8 were ranked in the top 10...

Math here tells me you’re wrong on this one.

Last edited:
This players are so much better, stronger and faster BS is pure crap. Let me throw out some names who were on the teams we beat. Peyton Manning. HOF QB. Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis HOF defenders. I'm going to add to this list but you're telling me these NFL Hall of famers are not good enough to compete with the bigger, faster and stronger players of this "modern" age of football?? Get the **** out of here with that bullshit. Lol

Last edited:
This players are so much better, stronger and faster BS is pure crap. Let me throw out some names who were on the teams we beat. Peyton Manning. HOF QB. Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis HOF defenders. I'm going to add to this list but you're telling me these NFL Hall of famers are not good enough to compete with the bigger,faster stronger players of this "modern" age of football?? Get the **** out of here with that bullshit. Lol
Team players drafted into the NFL[edit]
Main article: 1998 NFL Draft
Player Position Round Pick NFL club
Peyton Manning Quarterback 1 1 Indianapolis Colts
Terry Fair Cornerback 1 20 Detroit Lions
Marcus Nash Wide receiver 1 30 Denver Broncos
Leonard Little Defensive end 3 65 St. Louis Rams
Jonathan Brown Defensive end 3 90 Green Bay Packers
Trey Teague Center 7 200 Denver Broncos
Andy McCullough Wide receiver 7 204 New Orleans Saints
Corey Gaines Safety 7 231 Indianapolis Colts

This players are so much better, stronger and faster BS is pure crap. Let me throw out some names who were on the teams we beat. Peyton Manning. HOF QB. Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis HOF defenders. I'm going to add to this list but you're telling me these NFL Hall of famers are not good enough to compete with the bigger,faster stronger players of this "modern" age of football?? Get the **** out of here with that bullshit. Lol
You can't seriously believe that players in general from 1995 are equal in athleticism as players in 2020. If so, where is the point of demarcation? Could the 4 horsemen compete with players from 2020? Or is it limited to 1990, 1980, 1970?

1 (7th) Ike Hilliard WR New York Giants
1 (16th) Reidel Anthony WR Tampa Bay Buccaneers
4 (99th) Danny Wuerffel QB New Orleans Saints
5 (134th) Jeff Mitchell C Baltimore Ravens
3 (78th) Mark Campbell DE Denver Broncos
4 (96th) Jason Odom OT Tampa Bay Buccaneers
6 (172nd) Dexter Daniels LB Baltimore Ravens
6 (184th) Reggie Green OL Seattle Seahawks
6 (185th) Chris Doering WR Jacksonville Jaguars
7 (225th) Johnie Church DE Seattle Seahawks
1 (6th) Kevin Carter DE St. Louis Rams
1 (15th) Ellis Johnson DT Indianapolis Colts
4 (116th) Jack Jackson WR Chicago Bears
6 (180th) Henry McMillian DT Seattle Seahawks

You can't seriously believe that players in general from 1995 are equal in athleticism as players in 2020. If so, where is the point of demarcation? Could the 4 horsemen compete with players from 2020? Or is it limited to 1990, 1980, 1970?
Are you kidding? So the NFL HOFer's I mentioned couldn't cut it in todays CFB? Are you that dense? Ray Lewis and Sapp?? Manning. Leonard Little, Al Wilson, Jamal Lewis. Kevin Carter. Buy a clue. I'm not talking about 100 years ago genius. 25 isn't that big a difference.

Last edited:
Are you kidding? So the NFL HOFer's I mentioned couldn't cut it in todays CFB? Are you that dense? Ray Lewis and Sapp?? Manning. Leonard Little, Jamal Lewis. Buy a clue.
You're comparing a 30 year old to a 20 year old. Could warren sapp have been as effective in the NFL as a college junior as he was as a 10 year veteran? How many super bowls does Peyton Manning lead his team to as a 21 year old? You are pushing a fallacy. Unless you're willing to say that the 71 huskers could beat the 2019 Tigers, you have to admit that the level of talent has improved over time.

You're comparing a 30 year old to a 20 year old. Could warren sapp have been as effective in the NFL as a college junior as he was as a 10 year veteran? How many super bowls does Peyton Manning lead his team to as a 21 year old? You are pushing a fallacy. Unless you're willing to say that the 71 huskers could beat the 2019 Tigers, you have to admit that the level of talent has improved over time.
WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about the same players who were that great in COLLEGE that translated to the NFL. And once again I'm not saying 40 or 50 years ago. 25 years. I'm pointing out how much NFL talent was on the teams that NU beat in the 90's. Read.

I can buy that to a point, but I'll just throw out a couple of examples for a comparison. If you want to argue that guys like Lawrence Phillips and Ahman Green were small, slow, or weak compared to now you would get laughed out of here. There wasn't a running back in last nights game in the same stratosphere as either guy. You can make a point about most teams back then, but Nebraska was huge and very fast. That's the reason they flat out destroyed people.

1) 5 of the 14 SEC teams where in the top 25... In 1995 half of the Big 8 were ranked in the top 10...

Math here tells me you’re wrong on this one.
I didn't talk about rankings. I talked about winning percentages of opponents.

Maybe you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

I can buy that to a point, but I'll just throw out a couple of examples for a comparison. If you want to argue that guys like Lawrence Phillips and Ahman Green were small, slow, or weak compared to now you would get laughed out of here. There wasn't a running back in last nights game in the same stratosphere as either guy. You can make a point about most teams back then, but Nebraska was huge and very fast. That's the reason they flat out destroyed people.
Ya, Ahman and his 4.2 and L.P. and his 4.3 at 210-220 lbs is not big enough or fast enough for these millennial idiots and their "modern" age of football. Lol

I didn't say that Phillips and Green were weak compared to now. I said players now overall are stronger and faster...or at a minimum just faster. Not the same as saying someone is weak.

I'd also argue that neither Frazier nor Wuerffel are in the same stratosphere as Lawrence or Burrow as QBs.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I didn't talk about rankings. I talked about winning percentages of opponents.

Maybe you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

Did you or Did you not say that the SEC was a stronger conference than the Big 8?

My comprehension is fine comparing 8 teams to 14..

Did you or Did you not say that the SEC was a stronger conference than the Big 8?

My comprehension is fine comparing 8 teams to 14..
A bottom feeder team in the 2019 SEC would beat a bottom feeder Big 8 team from 25 years ago by 2-3 touchdowns. That's what I meant.

WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about the same players who were that great in COLLEGE that translated to the NFL. And once again I'm not saying 40 or 50 years ago. 25 years. I'm pointing out how much NFL talent was on the teams that NU beat in the 90's. Read.
So, was there not much difference in a college player from 1970 to 1995?

A bottom feeder team in the 2019 SEC would beat a bottom feeder Big 8 team from 25 years ago by 2-3 touchdowns. That's what I meant.

If that is what you meant than you can’t say I can’t comprehend...If you have 14 teams compared to 8..

You than take the 3 best teams away in the conference and the 3 worst teams away...

Comprehend that..

What a ridiculous statement. This LSU team while great is not the most dominant of all time. Im biased on the 95 Huskers so I won’t go there. 2001 Miami with there ridiculous talent would have beat both those teams last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT