ADVERTISEMENT

1992 KU vs NU

If memory serves correct, I believe that was the game where they had to scramble to find new goalposts to put up after they got torn down the previous week against CU. They greased them up with what looked like Crisco eventhough that didn't stop some fans from trying to tear them down again anyways (and hilariously failing).

If memory serves correct, I believe that was the game where they had to scramble to find new goalposts to put up after they got torn down the previous week against CU. They greased them up with what looked like Crisco eventhough that didn't stop some fans from trying to tear them down again anyways (and hilariously failing).
Yep

Just went down a Wikipedia rabbit hole. That season, this was the Washington Huskies' quarterback room:

#11 Mark Brunell (Sr)
#12 Billy Joe Hobert (Jr)
#7 Damon Huard (Fr)

Our game at UW was the first-ever night game at Husky Stadium (UW won 29-14).

Also, our QB room wasn't too bad either...

#1 Mike Grant (Sr)
#15 Tommie Frazier (Fr)
#18 Brook Berringer (RFr)

... with #9 Tony Veland (RFr) the top QB during Spring Football after Mike Grant broke his collar bone.

Also, looks like Tony Veland and Mike Minter each suffered season-ending knee injuries against Texas Tech in 1993 and 1994, respectively.

There was no William Washington on that squad
dwight-schrute-false.jpg

How the **** did we lose to condiment st?
In hindsight, pobably a blessing in disguise. Team needed a reality check after the previous 2 weeks and needed to learn that they couldn't take anyone lightly. It was probably the strangest 3 weeks in NU history but set the stage for the next 5 years.

How the **** did we lose to condiment st?

Time of possession. Losing the TOP battle was the achilles heel of our 90s husker teams. ISU handled that perfectly that day. 1st and 10 turns into 2nd & 6- then 3rd & 3 turns into 1st & 10. Not a lot of yards each play but just enough to drive you mad.

Watching the Ravens this season was a lot like watching the 90s Huskers. It reminded me why we all hated that style of play. Very frustrating when down by 10 or so. Felt like being down by 40.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT