ADVERTISEMENT

1984 Orange Bowl on nbcsn later tonight

This! I did the same. I have absolutely no desire to see it again.

We were the best team that season. Just not that night.
DOSaYUo.gif

My favorite team if all time, Irving Fryar had a horrible last 2 minutes of that game. He dropped a touchdown pass and on the two point conversion stopped running his route and the man covering him was able to tip the ball Otherwise that conversion is good.

My favorite team if all time, Irving Fryar had a horrible last 2 minutes of that game. He dropped a touchdown pass and on the two point conversion stopped running his route and the man covering him was able to tip the ball Otherwise that conversion is good.

Yeah, but it shouldn't have come down to that. I'm not sure if the players didn't execute or Osborne just underestimated Miami. We should've won. Didn't.

Nebraska’s defense resembled 11 statues against that Miami offense...it was truly painful to watch when Miami had the ball. :(

I will admit that I shed a tear or two that night BUT it only solidified/deepened my fandom for the Huskers at a young age!!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I had never watched the whole game. We were outplayed. Would have been an undeserved win. That Smith fumble was a killer, as well as having to settle for a FG after the miami fumble right after halftime. We punch that in and maybe miami is done there after 21 straight.

That game does still hurt. Did Steinkuhler score a touchdown on that fumblerooski? It looks to me like the ball never really got over the goal line and Steinkuhler fell out of bounds about 1 yard line.

Pac-12 Network airing the 2001 Colorado-Nebraska game right now - aka The Beginning of the End of the World.

Pac-12 Network airing the 2001 Colorado-Nebraska game right now - aka The Beginning of the End of the World.

I was there...I do not need to relive it again.

Good thing most of America does not get that channel!! Winking

At one point, I thought we were going to come back. We had stopped em a few times and were scoring. I think we fumbled on a short yardage play past midfield.

ADVERTISEMENT