ADVERTISEMENT

tro80

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 17, 2014
Looking back in time, the 1981 team started 1-2, had dropped out of the ratings and was down to Auburn 3-0 at half in a home game. To start the second half, TO inserted a true sophomore quarterback who had started the season third on the depth chart. That team won 17-14 and went on to sweep the Big Eight for the Huskers first outright conference championship in ten years, and played for a possible national championship. Can history repeat? (I know neither QB is not a sophomore). #timeforachange

Looking back in time, the 1981 team started 1-2, had dropped out of the ratings and was down to Auburn 3-0 at half in a home game. To start the second half, TO inserted a true sophomore quarterback who had started the season third on the depth chart. That team won 17-14 and went on to sweep the Big Eight for the Huskers first outright conference championship in ten years, and played for a possible national championship. Can history repeat? (I know neither QB is not a sophomore). #timeforachange
The talent on that team was WAAAAYYYYY better than today's team, so no, it won't happen.

Yeah, I was going to include that, but that just ruins my fantasy

Coaching was really a whole HELL of a lot better on the 1981 team along with talent.

Shut. Up.

ADVERTISEMENT