ADVERTISEMENT

1972 Orange Bowl vs. Alabama right here (full game)...

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
found this on you tube. Must be the raw video feed from the satellite truck because there is a timer clock on the bottom of the screen. Quality of the video is okay. A little blurry and fuzzy. Might be a second or third generation recording. Anyway, good memories.

A great and very confident NU squad just toying with Bear Bryant's 'bama's team.

'72 OB

I was at that game with my wife two young kids.
Living in S C.
Bama cars passing us with great signs how would destroy us
and praise for the ITALIAN STALION - WOULD RUN US OUT OF THE BOW
able to get Husker section customers for Southern customers

Great memories that game

Reactions: jedimasterjed
It was the same at the 98' National Championship Game against Tennessee and Peyton Manning. Tailgating and early in the game the Volunteer fans were all talk, saying we didn't understand how badass SEC Football was and that we were in for a big surprise. By the end of the 3rd Quarter, it was a whole different story. "Y'all pretty damn good" type of comments and congratulatory hand shakes for the rest of the game.

One of my favorite Husker games ever, punishing the Vols, TO's last game, Scott Frost and the speach and rewarded with the National Championship.

It was the same at the 98' National Championship Game against Tennessee and Peyton Manning. Tailgating and early in the game the Volunteer fans were all talk, saying we didn't understand how badass SEC Football was and that we were in for a big surprise. By the end of the 3rd Quarter, it was a whole different story. "Y'all pretty damn good" type of comments and congratulatory hand shakes for the rest of the game.

One of my favorite Husker games ever, punishing the Vols, TO's last game, Scott Frost and the speach and rewarded with the National Championship.

same thing at 96 fiesta. sat in the gator section. lot of talking in the first qtr. dead silence in the 2nd. congratulations in the third. weren't there for the 4th.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT