ADVERTISEMENT

1959 was the last time

We should be 4-1, but we piddled away two games already, against mediocre to poor opponents.

Until I see something different, the only question I have is:

Can we beat Purdue?

Realistically, we just played and lost to the team that used to the be 2nd worst team in the West. And, we found a way to lose the game.

Can we beat Purdue?

Realistically, we just played and lost to the team that used to the be 2nd worst team in the West. And, we found a way to lose the game.

I am not sure we can even beat Purdue based on their game against Michigan State today.

Can we beat Purdue?

If this is the case Eichorst won't be around for long....

There will be NO change for at least 4 years so keep dreaming. Eichorst and Riley are attached together until year 4 at the minimum. This is no XBox and there is no quick reset. We made our bed and no must hope for things to change quickly.

We started the season 2-3.
That's also the same season NU knocked off OU on Halloween Day and ended the Sooners long conference unbeaten streak. Maybe the Huskers can pull off a big upset this season. Northwestern? Iowa? One of the two will probably be undefeated when NU plays them.

The announcers took time recalling how good Illinois was in the 1920s. I hope our program has a future beyond the history books.

Because the games are close he's safe

Even If they get out of hand , losing by large point spreads , he will still get another year ...,

Pederson thought we were gravitating to mediocracy and thought Wannsdt would be his big fish which couldn't get and we ended up with Callahan.

Now Eichorst who didn't know who to hire asked another AD who would be a good choice with out interviewing any other coach's is going to take us back to the Bill Jennings era.

The problem is the schedule gets tougher beginning next year. With that said the best we are looking at this yr is probably 4-8. That may be all we can scratch out next yr too. Then what do we do? Two consecutive 4-8 seasons and our last beloved record goes in the trash - consecutive sellouts. How do you recruit good players to a place where the team is stuck on 4-8 seasons? I'm worried ratio much time gas passed since we were great.

The problem is the schedule gets tougher beginning next year. With that said the best we are looking at this yr is probably 4-8. That may be all we can scratch out next yr too. Then what do we do? Two consecutive 4-8 seasons and our last beloved record goes in the trash - consecutive sellouts. How do you recruit good players to a place where the team is stuck on 4-8 seasons? I'm worried ratio much time gas passed since we were great.

2 years of not going to a bowl for me would be the end of Riley and Eichorst.

You get good players when you hire a big name coach or one with a personality that you can gravitate toward

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT