ADVERTISEMENT

19 NU Baseball Games Carried on BTN and BTN Plus

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
The Nebraska baseball team will have 19 games carried on BTN and BTN Plus this season. The Huskers are set to make three national TV appearances on BTN, while 16 other games will be carried on BTN’s online-streaming service, BTN Plus (subscription required).

Nebraska’s own NET will also carry five games, which will also be streamed live on BTN Plus for fans outside of the state of Nebraska.

Every other regular-season home game that isn’t picked up by BTN, BTN Plus or NET will be carried live on Huskers.com through HuskersNSide (subscription required).

The Huskers’ lone home game on BTN is scheduled for March 29 when NU welcomes Creighton to Hawks Field. NU will also be on BTN for two road games, including at Michigan on April 15 and at Michigan State on May 9.

NET will broadcast its first baseball game in 2016 on Saturday, April 2, when the Husker host defending Big Ten regular-season champion Illinois. Three other home games will be carried on NET, as well as NU’s trip to Omaha on April 26 when they play Creighton at TD Ameritrade Park.

Other games could be picked up by BTN this season at a later date. NU road games during Big Ten play could also be added to the BTN Plus schedule. For the most up-to-date information always check Huskers.com.

BTN’s TV and streaming schedules for the entire conference can be checked here -http://www.btn2go.com/schedule?sids=BB

Reactions: saluno22
So we used to get all the home games with one subscription, now we need two subscriptions. How sweet. And I'm not supposed to feel ripped off?

So we used to get all the home games with one subscription, now we need two subscriptions. How sweet. And I'm not supposed to feel ripped off?
I agree that's ridiculous, but I think they should all be on BTN or BTN Plus. I haven't paid for NSide in a while because of this

I agree that's ridiculous, but I think they should all be on BTN or BTN Plus. I haven't paid for NSide in a while because of this
+1000

I liked every post in this thread, but it needs more. It's ridiculous imo as well and complete BS to list/advertise games to be broadcast on NSide at the beginning of the season and then to have a bunch of them moved to another subscription service. I can understand moving games to NET and not being upset since that is free over the air, but advertising games for one subscription service and then having it moved to another subscription service after the season starts just ain't right.

Reactions: k9_r
I quit subscribing to NSide years ago. The production quality was so bad it was basically unwatchable and I'd end up just listening to the radio broadcast instead. Has it improved?

Haven't subscribed to either and used to subscribe to Nside a few years ago but it's not worth it anymore. I've just learned to be content with the radio broadcasts at this point. I'm also at most home games as it is so a subscription makes no sense for me personally.

Well this announcement made me look bad....
I supported the subscription BTN Plus in the past,
and have advised others to do the same.
I apologize.
Leave it to network execes to make a person look bad...
I didn't need their help,
I do a good enough job of that on my own.

I signed up for BTN Plus (Student practice broadcasting it seems) and while the commentating is unbearable, at least he picture and sound consistently stream. I'd rather listen to the NSide guys any day, and wish they would just get the technical side right. I guess I'll look forward to announcers not knowing why a runner hit by a ball isn't still on the base, or that an error is not a hit, and outfielders don't "fall under it" when catching a pop fly, and that a pitch-out is not a "throw away"...:

NSide is unreliable. And BTN should be airing all games every weekend, instead of 10 year old football games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT