ADVERTISEMENT

19 days: Best #19 in Husker history

Hard to argue with Larson. All-American by one publication, 5-year NFL career. Had the school record for average punt yards for a season until Sam Koch came through. Stellar in the weight room as well, his Wikipedia page says he benched 405 and hang cleaned 458. What is it with our punters and the weight room: Larson, Koch, Foltz. I like it.

Honorable Mention...
- P Jesse Kosch. Three national titles to go with his father's two. Almost didn't get to play in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl as the starting punter, then on his first punt, the Florida returner muffed it and we recovered.
- FS Clint Finley. I'll never forget his interception return for a touchdown against Colorado in 1998 to start the game. Good thing it happened because our offense didn't score a touchdown that day and we were training 14-13 heading into the fourth quarter.
- CB Kenny Wilhite.
- SE Morgan Gregory.
- IB Quentin Castille. The bruiser to Helu's slasher.

I'll throw in Bruce Mathison because he made it to the NFL.
Yes! Mathison also bailed the Huskers out against Missouri in '82 after Turner Gill was taken out with a cheap shot late hit.

Good names already listed. I'll tack on Bryan Siebler who was a multi-year starter at safety and a nice guy.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT