ADVERTISEMENT

18th team rank per Rivals

there was not a single person who thought we should keep Riley if Frost was a guarantee. Frost was far from a guarantee, even the night before he decided. This would have been a real S_ _ t show if Frost had decided to go to Florida, or Oregon or stay at UCF. So in that case keeping Riley until his contract was up might have been the best choice. Look at the coaches who were hired after Frost? And we were having a disappointing season, but didn't "fall apart" until the last few games. So take it easy on fans who remembered when Riley won like 10 straight games, 18 months ago. And did not want this job to be a revolving door.

Sorry, I won't be taking it easy on your sweet 10 straight wins coach.

I’m just imagining the thousands and thousands of Hawkeye fans that are going be having mini panic and anxiety attacks if Frost ever puts this thing back together.

Putting together a top 25 recruiting class in two months time is a great start.

Last edited:
there was not a single person who thought we should keep Riley if Frost was a guarantee. Frost was far from a guarantee, even the night before he decided. This would have been a real S_ _ t show if Frost had decided to go to Florida, or Oregon or stay at UCF. So in that case keeping Riley until his contract was up might have been the best choice. Look at the coaches who were hired after Frost? And we were having a disappointing season, but didn't "fall apart" until the last few games. So take it easy on fans who remembered when Riley won like 10 straight games, 18 months ago. And did not want this job to be a revolving door.

I've re-read this post like 5 times and cannot find one iota of truth to it. Can someone else help me out here?

I've re-read this post like 5 times and cannot find one iota of truth to it. Can someone else help me out here?
Sure...it is Riley-speak. See, 19-19 for Riley is really not 19-19...it is a 10 game win streak WITH a slight decline in production at the end of the last season.

Reactions: jeans15
Sure...it is Riley-speak. See, 19-19 for Riley is really not 19-19...it is a 10 game win streak WITH a slight decline in production at the end of the last season.
Here’s the thing… From my recollection, Solana Beach husker is far from a Mike Riley apologist. So his post puzzles me, just a bit.

This is the first time NU has hired a coach since T.O. that I haven't went, "WTF?". I don't mind admitting I thought they would all fail and that I believe SF will succeed. Yah, I engaged in a lot of wishful thinking that coaches with no head coach experience would succeed at a program like NU. Wishful thinking that failed coaches at the NFL or college level would somehow turn it around and win here.

But every single year, after that first game or two against weak opponents you could see it on the field, it wasn't working. I was really starting to get more and more pissed off every year and how NU just didn't take themselves seriously any more. People began to accept mediocrity. So much it made me almost stop watching for the first time in 40+ years.

Well said.... to me the two biggest head scratchers were Riley and Callahan

Here’s the thing… From my recollection, Solana Beach husker is far from a Mike Riley apologist. So his post puzzles me, just a bit.
#HackedAccount

I mean, really how hard could it be? I bet 95% of the passwords on this site are...

Huskers
Huskers69
GBR
GoBigRed
Winstrom (thinking they are being creative)
Davidson
Peters
BrickWall
Option
Password
Password69
Nebraska69
Cornhuskers
Cornhuskers69

#HackedAccount

I mean, really how hard could it be? I bet 95% of the passwords on this site are...

Huskers
Huskers69
GBR
GoBigRed
Winstrom (thinking they are being creative)
Davidson
Peters
BrickWall
Option
Password
Password69
Nebraska69
Cornhuskers
Cornhuskers69

You forgot KnowItAll

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
I’m just imagining the thousands and thousands of Hawkeye fans that are going be having mini panic and anxiety attacks if Frost ever puts this thing back together.

There are thousands of Iowa fans?

Disagree, there were quite a few Mike Riley Propaganda brigade members over on the RSS.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

They don't think it matters and that our classes are inflated by a bunch of 4 star WR's. Apparently to them that's all Nebraska is capable of recruiting. They still seem to think Mike Riley is the coach and that it's impossible for Nebraska to win in the west.

The good thing is that Iowa is keeping up with recruiting. Should finish around 30th which is a breathe of fresh air after three consecutive 50ish ranks. Should lead to some meaningful matchups in the future. I just wish they took place on Black Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT