ADVERTISEMENT

18th team rank per Rivals

Remember the guy that said we are blowing it by not firing Riley during the season and their is no way to salvage this class? Maybe..just maybe..Moos and Frost had a good plan and know what they are doing? Ya think? Very impressive work in 2 months. Can't wait to see what they do with a full year.
Yes!
I remember people saying that canning Riley would "ruin" this class too.

Remember the guy that said we are blowing it by not firing Riley during the season and their is no way to salvage this class? Maybe..just maybe..Moos and Frost had a good plan and know what they are doing? Ya think? Very impressive work in 2 months. Can't wait to see what they do with a full year.

Sooner or later I think..

Reactions: headcard

Remember the days when people thought Bookie was going to save our program

We are probably finishing 20th. We will jump South Carolina but be jumped over by Florida, UCLA and FSU.

We are probably finishing 20th. We will jump South Carolina but be jumped over by Florida, UCLA and FSU.
You are likely right unless UCLA has class size limitations. Still an awesome effort by the new staff.

Oh look, dipstick chimes in again.
I seem to recall him yesterday in the basketball thread indicating that Nebraska would have trouble rebounding against Iowa and our only chance was to hit the outside shot. Didn’t we outrebound them on the game by 8 or 10? Hmmm…

After firing Eichorst midseason this would “cut the sack” of recruiting..,. Hahaha

Reactions: huskerfan1414
IIRC you were bragging it was a top 30 class at the time?
Ahh yes, “bragging”.
I don’t recall bragging about a damn thing. Nor did I even post anything regarding recruiting when Frost took over.

Two weeks after Frost had been here, I posted in a thread that had already mentioned climbing up to 59th in class ratings and 22nd in star averages.
I just indicated that star averages are more indicative of talent than class rank.

But nice try I guess?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

After firing Eichorst midseason this would “cut the sack” of recruiting..,. Hahaha
That's exactly what happened. Your point? Stop loving in the past, the new regime deserves some credit.
The old guys can't hurt you anymore, and they are not coming back.

Oh look, dipstick chimes in again.
What else do they have to do, get excited about their recruiting class? :p Little bumholes are twitching all over across the river and that isn't just the normal smell coming out of Sewer City. They know what is coming.

That's exactly what happened. Your point? Stop loving in the past, the new regime deserves some credit.
The old guys can't hurt you anymore, and they are not coming back.
His point is there were posters that thought administration screwed up by firing SE mid season and made a point of getting on here and saying how big of a mistake it was going to be. In other words......he wants you to admit you were wrong.

Yes!
I remember people saying that canning Riley would "ruin" this class too.
there was not a single person who thought we should keep Riley if Frost was a guarantee. Frost was far from a guarantee, even the night before he decided. This would have been a real S_ _ t show if Frost had decided to go to Florida, or Oregon or stay at UCF. So in that case keeping Riley until his contract was up might have been the best choice. Look at the coaches who were hired after Frost? And we were having a disappointing season, but didn't "fall apart" until the last few games. So take it easy on fans who remembered when Riley won like 10 straight games, 18 months ago. And did not want this job to be a revolving door.

Last edited:
Reactions: brnred58

That's exactly what happened. Then we hired a new staff and things changed.

His point is there were posters that thought administration screwed up by firing SE mid season and made a point of getting on here and saying how big of a mistake it was going to be. In other words......he wants you to admit you were wrong.

I thought it was a mistake to fire SE when we did. But there is no question at this point that Bounds/Green nailed it with the Moos hire. It's been nothing but impressive work from Moos since jump street. I'll happily eat that one.

I thought it was a mistake to fire SE when we did. But there is no question at this point that Bounds/Green nailed it with the Moos hire. It's been nothing but impressive work from Moos since jump street. I'll happily eat that one.

Agreed....Everything the university has done football wise since firing SE... well done and thank you!

Reactions: husker56
This is the first time NU has hired a coach since T.O. that I haven't went, "WTF?". I don't mind admitting I thought they would all fail and that I believe SF will succeed. Yah, I engaged in a lot of wishful thinking that coaches with no head coach experience would succeed at a program like NU. Wishful thinking that failed coaches at the NFL or college level would somehow turn it around and win here.

But every single year, after that first game or two against weak opponents you could see it on the field, it wasn't working. I was really starting to get more and more pissed off every year and how NU just didn't take themselves seriously any more. People began to accept mediocrity. So much it made me almost stop watching for the first time in 40+ years.

OK,I was wrong,at the time I questioned where we were going.It looks great but remember that haven't even 1 game yet,it will take at least 3 years to see where this program is headed.

I seem to recall him yesterday in the basketball thread indicating that Nebraska would have trouble rebounding against Iowa and our only chance was to hit the outside shot. Didn’t we outrebound them on the game by 8 or 10? Hmmm…

Arbit8 has to have a carbon monoxide leak in his home. People can't be that dopey without some sort of oxygen deprivation, can they?

Reactions: timnsun
OK,I was wrong,at the time I questioned where we were going.It looks great but remember that haven't even 1 game yet,it will take at least 3 years to see where this program is headed.

I think you will see an immediate difference, and see it in the first game of the '18 season. It may not translate to a lot of wins yet, but you'll see a distinct difference on both sides of the ball. We'll be quicker and more decisive everywhere on the field.

Meh, no one expects you to. None of us knew what the future held.

I didn't have a problem with the timing, because we had to start preparing for the next AD. But keeping recruits on board was the least of my concerns. I knew the hiring of a good AD, that could ultimately hire a great coach, was infinitely more important than the short term losses of recruits.

Reactions: davecisar

Yeah, when he mentioned "our only chance" I immediately started laughing. Maybe he wasn't aware that his team had carved out a comfy spot at the bottom of the B1G standings.

Our only chance to NOT blow Iowa out was if our team bus crash-landed in the Andes and they had to eat each other to survive.

He’s an absolute moron. If I was a mod here, his ass would have long been gone. Then again, every now and then we need to see what the typical Iowa fan brings to the table, and it isn’t much.

there was not a single person who thought we should keep Riley if Frost was a guarantee. Frost was far from a guarantee, even the night before he decided. This would have been a real S_ _ t show if Frost had decided to go to Florida, or Oregon or stay at UCF. So in that case keeping Riley until his contract was up might have been the best choice. Look at the coaches who were hired after Frost? And we were having a disappointing season, but didn't "fall apart" until the last few games. So take it easy on fans who remembered when Riley won like 10 straight games, 18 months ago. And did not want this job to be a revolving door.
Keeping Riley had zero to do with Frost. Yes Frost was a bonus but the chit show that was going on with that staff was very noticeable to anyone that didn't have the blinders on. Luckily our administration didn't. Like 10 games isn't 10 games. We won 9 that felt more like 7 in 2016

Also not sure what season you were watching in 2017 if you felt like we just fell apart the last few games. Our non-conference was a disaster having lost to NUI, Barely defending a last play win with Arkansas State and getting lit up like the 4th of July against Oregon. Luckily we played two teams without a pulse before finishing 1-6 with about 5 blow outs.
I'm assuming we have a different eye for what falling apart in the last few games means.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT