ADVERTISEMENT

1893 World’s Fair. Thoughts?

Was it cool, or was it a total bust?
Compared to the 1893 World’s Columbia’s Exposition in Chicago, it was a bust. 1893 had electricity, Alexander Graham Bell, John Philip Sousa, & H. H. Holmes. It was also where PBR was crowned America’s Best Beer. A title it hasn’t relinquished Winking

Reactions: WHCSC and Sinomatic
My great great grandfather said he couldn’t make it, since it was Vienna Austria. But he really tried

Don’t know, but the 1893 World’s Fair in Chicago was pretty awesome unless you became aquatinted with H.H. Holmes.

Here is a good book chronicling the World’s Fair and H.H. Holmes activities in Chicago at that time.

51cdhA7uj0L._SX314_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Compared to the 1893 World’s Columbia’s Exposition in Chicago, it was a bust. 1893 had electricity, Alexander Graham Bell, John Philip Sousa, & H. H. Holmes. It was also where PBR was crowned America’s Best Beer. A title it hasn’t relinquished Winking
I just sold a commemorative coin from the Chi World Exposition $15 From wife's Uncle's desk

I'm currently disposing of my 60 years of coin collecting. Busy as scratch on eBay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husker Todd
Don’t know, but the 1893 World’s Fair in Chicago was pretty awesome unless you became aquatinted with H.H. Holmes.

Here is a good book chronicling the World’s Fair and H.H. Holmes activities in Chicago at that time.

Damnit! I meant the 1893 World’s Fair, and I’m even reading this book!

I was high on weed while listening to Neil Pert, dodging assault rifles and pit bulls while munching on Rocky Mountain oysters while waiting to use the bidet!! God...I hate the offseason!!!:mad:
Why, was JohnRossEwing using it??

I was high on weed while listening to Neil Pert, dodging assault rifles and pit bulls while munching on Rocky Mountain oysters while waiting to use the bidet!! God...I hate the offseason!!!:mad:
Plus you forgot to incorporate beneficial nematodes!!

Reactions: HBK4life
My family attended the 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville. We drove from Lincoln. Afterward, my mom made each of the kids write a journal of the trip. Mine said something like: "the only thing worth mentioning was the ice cream we had." The drive was boring as hell, the motel was a dump, and the fair itself was super boring.

That would be an interesting read.

ADVERTISEMENT