ADVERTISEMENT

18 May: Nebraseball wearing alternate scarlet jerseys and grey pants.

The 12 fans in attendance are having a big walk-off celebration at the Huskers' expense.

Reactions: regionsdoc
"That's baseball", amirite? :rolleyes: :mad:
Nebraska erstad baseball.
Baseball is a strange game, but NU will never be anything until they stop just giving games away like this and the first OSU game.
Just horrible, seriously is there not a better athlete to put at 1st for defensive purposes???

Nebraska erstad baseball.
Baseball is a strange game, but NU will never be anything until they stop just giving games away like this and the first OSU game.
Just horrible, seriously is there not a better athlete to put at 1st for defensive purposes???
2 errors by a senior. Unacceptable and should not happen.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
This team doesn't want any championship and doesn't deserve one. That was the most putrid, pathetic outing of the season.
Wait just a minute. Y
This team doesn't want any championship and doesn't deserve one. That was the most putrid, pathetic outing of the season.
Wait a minute. Earlier today the negativity made you sick......

Miller has been solid, approaching spectacular (given his size), at defense all year. Luensmann maybe should have been pulled though.

They were up 7-4. Not putting this on Erstad. It was the players, players, players. They effed the game away. They made all those errors. It was pathetic and they deserved to lose. They sucked so bad they deserved to be booed. Booed from here. Booed from there. Booed in their motel room. Booed on the phone. Booed when they step off the plane in Lincoln. BOOOOOO!!

They were up 7-4. Not putting this on Erstad. It was the players, players, players. They effed the game away. They made all those errors. It was pathetic and they deserved to lose. They sucked so bad they deserved to be booed. Booed from here. Booed from there. Booed in their motel room. Booed on the phone. Booed when they step off the plane in Lincoln. BOOOOOO!!
It all eventually goes back to the coach.

Yikes!

The championship is not out of the question yet, but I'm not even thinking about that. A team that makes stupid mistakes like that this late in the season does not deserve it. We had our chance, and totally and completely blew it. And I really would not be at all surprised to see us lose the series now. If you can blow it once, you can do it again. We could definitely play our way out of the tournament now.

The championship is not out of the question yet, but I'm not even thinking about that. A team that makes stupid mistakes like that this late in the season does not deserve it. We had our chance, and totally and completely blew it.

I'm a big supporter, but that was an epic choke job. Yes, they can still win the conference. However, you can't be serious about being a contender and play like that. Four errors in the game? Two in the 9th with the game on the line? It was very hard to lose that game and they found the perfect way to do it. Bleh!

I'm a big supporter, but that was an epic choke job. Yes, they can still win the conference. However, you can't be serious about being a contender and play like that. Four errors in the game? Two in the 9th with the game on the line? It was very hard to lose that game and they found the perfect way to do it. Bleh!
Good teams, let alone tournament teams, don't play like that against a terrible opponent at the end of the year. Says more about NU than PSU. The type of loss that puts you in the LAST 4 out box.

Year 6. Either Erstad should have recruited better players, or his leadership skills aren't good enough for this team to do anything but melt when they're within reach of a championship. Stark contrast to Van Horn who at least got them inspired enough to win tournament titles in years 2 and 3 before taking the Big 12 regular season championship in '01.

The championship is not out of the question yet, but I'm not even thinking about that. A team that makes stupid mistakes like that this late in the season does not deserve it. We had our chance, and totally and completely blew it. And I really would not be at all surprised to see us lose the series now. If you can blow it once, you can do it again. We could definitely play our way out of the tournament now.
Shouldn't have lost, but I'm wondering if traveling across the conference had an affect. I expect they'll win the next 2.

Shouldn't have lost, but I'm wondering if traveling across the conference had an affect. I expect they'll win the next 2.
I thought coach said something to the effect of the team got to sleep in today, so no, travel fatigue is not likely. This program has a history of losing games to even the worst teams in this conference (see Northwestern and Rutgers last year).

Reactions: saluno22
I thought coach said something to the effect of the team got to sleep in today, so no, travel fatigue is not likely. This program has a history of losing games to even the worst teams in this conference (see Northwestern and Rutgers last year).
Travel fatigue would be the lamest excuse I can think of. It's not like these guys have school to think about.

Reactions: HuskersNC
Penn State was 3-18 in-conference coming into this game. Not sure the extra hour of flying compared to most of the teams that hammered them is going to fly as a reason for kicking the game away.

Year 6. Either Erstad should have recruited better players, or his leadership skills aren't good enough for this team to do anything but melt when they're within reach of a championship. Stark contrast to Van Horn who at least got them inspired enough to win tournament titles in years 2 and 3 before taking the Big 12 regular season championship in '01.
I've said it before-Erstad does not know how to motivate college players. He relies too much on guys being self-motivated. That just isn't realistic for college guys. Sometimes college players need a figurative kick in the rear and he just doesn't know how to do it. I think he could succeed better as a major league manager where players have to be more self-motivated.

I was eating dinner and right when PSU tied it in the 9th I spilled a full tumbler of milk on the carpet. All in all, a crappy night.

Pretty disappointing. Maybe they can pull it together and make some noise in the tournament and regional.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT