ADVERTISEMENT

17-12

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
I knew you were thinking another Miles thread. :D However, as I was looking at more Navy photos this thing falls out. November 30, 1996. Guess who was playing at QB for NU???
yQaqdhd.gif

ddp0tCfh.jpg

When I saw the thread title I thought immediately of the Colorado game in 96. I was there, freezing my butt off in the drizzle and rain. Great game!

Last 2 plays of Colorado offense we blitzed and forced errant passes, as I recall.

Reactions: bigboxes and newAD
When I saw the thread title I thought immediately of the Colorado game in 96. I was there, freezing my butt off in the drizzle and rain. Great game!

Last 2 plays of Colorado offense we blitzed and forced errant passes, as I recall.

Those 2 plays took some time off of my life.

Great game. Great win. Too bad a bunch of players got sick playing in that weather and weren't able to stick it to Texas in the CCG. That shoulda coulda woulda been another natty.

I knew someone who was a student athletic trainer for that team. He said that during a game their usual job was taking care of minor bumps and bruises, changing cleats and the like. In the Texas game, however, his job was almost exclusively to find another container for the next player to throw up in.

Reactions: saluno22
Weather doesn't make you sick. A virus does.

While described as "the flu game" it sounds like what actually happened is the team caught norovirus before that Big XII CCG with UT. You typically don't vomit from the flu, it's a respiratory ailment, not a GI ailment.

We danced with that in our household last year, and trying to find enough things for people to puke in is a pretty apt description.

Great game. Great win. Too bad a bunch of players got sick playing in that weather and weren't able to stick it to Texas in the CCG. That shoulda coulda woulda been another natty.

Yeah, had those guys not gotten sick NU would've beaten Texas in the Bix 12 Title Game and played FSU for the National Title... That FSU team wasn't as good as the '93 or '99 teams and I truly believe the Huskers would have beaten them and had 4 Titles in a row! Just my opinion.

Reactions: HBK4life
Yeah, had those guys not gotten sick NU would've beaten Texas in the Bix 12 Title Game and played FSU for the National Title... That FSU team wasn't as good as the '93 or '99 teams and I truly believe the Huskers would have beaten them and had 4 Titles in a row! Just my opinion.
I'll go one further. If we hadn't got screwed against FSU in 93 we would have won 5 in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT