ADVERTISEMENT

1620 morning show

I’ve heard somebody promoting a show that Damon is on “Cookies and Cream”? Don’t know if that’s an online deal or regular radio.

I think it's called Coffee and Cream. I'm not sure if it's live radio or not but I've heard an episode or two through my podcasts app.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Apparently someone far more qualified than you to make that assessment doesn’t agree with your view.
I would hope every college football coach is more qualified than me. But Raiola is absolutely not qualified to be coaching the o line at NU. Painfully obvious. And if Rhule doesn't see that than he will be fired like Frost. Watch

I would hope every college football coach is more qualified than me. But Raiola is absolutely not qualified to be coaching the o line at NU. Painfully obvious. And if Rhule doesn't see that than he will be fired like Frost. Watch
Bob hired high school coaches to coach the O line. Raiola is plenty qualified to coach the O line. He took over a line that lost Juergens and 2 other starters in the fall. Methinks some of us over estimate the resume it takes to work for a P5 program.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I think it's called Coffee and Cream. I'm not sure if it's live radio or not but I've heard an episode or two through my podcasts app.
I heard Benning on the radio recently. Can’t remember the station. I think there’s a live version. He could have been a guest but it didn’t seem like it.

Reactions: Agent0024
I heard Benning on the radio recently. Can’t remember the station. I think there’s a live version. He could have been a guest but it didn’t seem like it.
I think it might be on an FM station in Lincoln

It’s not even for the fans. It’s for the player to help increase his street cred. Or his brand if you speak zoomer.
If coach tells Raiola to get a picture with the kid in the living room, he'll do it. This is such a non issue.

it's called public relations. i would want as many pics of raiola with recruits and their families as possible. i would want every ol and their moms in the state (and beyond) to recognize him and think favorably of him. i'd want them all to think they already kind of know him. every warm pic is worth a 1000 words of coach verbal salesmanship.

When Rhule and Satterfield get everyone on the offense moving in the same direction with the same mission and max effort, you can eat your words
Lol... this is funny. Moving is what the offensive line is supposed to do. But we are going backwards.

Lol... this is funny. Moving is what the offensive line is supposed to do. But we are going backwards.
I'm not going to be critical of someone who has been there 1 year, having taken over what they took over and considering who they had to work with. I will hold judgment until end of year 1.

About the 1620 the show, it is unlistenable. The Lula guy that cohosts it has the worst, most insufferable and annoying laugh, and he feels the need to do it often, and right into the mic. It is pure torture.

Reactions: leodisflowers
nothing beat road hunting for phesant and quail on min matinance roads, while listening to lyle and kent on the radio during fall games..and maybe a beer for aiming oil.

Were you in the truck with me and my uncles back in the day? Nailed it....they let me drive even though I was only bout 14 cause they'd limit my alcohol intake and was the most sober of the 3, usually.

Were you in the truck with me and my uncles back in the day? Nailed it....they let me drive even though I was only bout 14 cause they'd limit my alcohol intake and was the most sober of the 3, usually.
we would hunt phesant in the 70's south of kearney, then quail by tecumseh...with my dad, bros, uncle and cousins....then later I would hunt north of norfolk for phesant in the 80's.
I'd just have a lil falstaff or bud. we would allways have blacklabs, and my uncles german short hair.
then alcohal got a lil more when the cleaning of the birds took place...

The question I have about Raiola is, will there be any interest in him as a coach when Dylan is no longer a factor in recruiting?

I think you are totally wrong. Cam Jurgens not included, just look at the size, shape, and condition of NU's offensive linemen over the last 5 years. Cam was the one elite athlete for a big guy, with explosiveness, power, athleticism, and outstanding wheels for a Center. He's already proving that at the next level.

Just the total change in nutrition, the likely monitoring of a useful calorie index, and finally having a serious, modern-day S & C coach will, by default improve this group of linemen. We all know there is a serious talent deficit to be an average to the above offensive line in the BIG.

The return of Nouili, and the potential to pick up 2-3 guys from the JUCOs or portal could do wonders for the overall look of the OL.

Now, if NU strikes out through the JUCOs or the portal then this group will be limited to the new program of nutrition and S & C staff. You should never underestimate how much improvement a player or entire unit can gain with a change to a serious training regime by someone who is being paid and expected to improve them noticeably.

It's likely that physical contact and aggressiveness level will be on display, and expected in order to secure a starting job. Penciling in guys to start along the OL when they are doing a subpar job in practice could be a thing of the past.

As an NU fan, I'm not looking for giant improvement. I'm interested in noticeable improvement. The objective should be to elevate the overall starting unit to be an average BIG line.

This is a coaching staff that has more than one current or previous Offensive Line coach, so I don't suspect Raiola will be on an island all by himself trying to improve the OL.

You may be surprised at the level of improvement of some of the returnees. But going backwards? No way.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
This is silly. If Rhule doesn't believe in Raiola, he's not hiring him in the outside hope we can get his nephew.
The question was not specific to Matt Rhule, it could also include Frost (who did have an interest bc he hired him) or anyone else having an interest in this guy while Dylan is the #1 recruit.

I think it’s absolutely played a factor in why he was brought here by Frost.

Point is, if there was no Dylan out there, I wonder how much interest there would be in him strictly as an oline coach only.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT