ADVERTISEMENT

1620 morning show

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Whining because Raiola doesn’t post pictures of him in living rooms. My question is what do living room pics with recruits actually do? IMO it’s more for the fans than anything. My impression of top O linemen is that they’re not really in to posing for cheesy living room pics.

Whining because Raiola doesn’t post pictures of him in living rooms. My question is what do living room pics with recruits actually do? IMO it’s more for the fans than anything. My impression of top O linemen is that they’re not really in to posing for cheesy living room pics.
Matt Rhule posts about beating Maverick Noonan’s mom in ping pong. That’s why he committed. It’s good PR.

Unless those photo ops lead to inroads with more high quality recruits, this is a nothingburger and they should zip it. They want HIM to provide the receipts so THEY have something to talk about. Lame, per usual😂

Pictures in living rooms aren't of course the main reason why recruits commit for sure. But it's favorable publicity for other recruits to see and every little bit helps. Certainly doesn't hurt.

Pictures in living rooms aren't of course the main reason why recruits commit for sure. But it's favorable publicity for other recruits to see and every little bit helps. Certainly doesn't hurt.
Since the only time a lineman gets on television is for a holding call, I guess they don't need the exposure beforehand and get spoiled?????

Generally I enjoy 1620s programming in the morning but I just found the questioning of Raiola’s lack of social media presence silly.
I used to listen in the mornings with DB and Sharpe, but couldn't stand that Ravi guy that seems to always be on. DB's new partner is pretty awful as well and that is a hard listen even though I enjoy DB. I feel like Hurrdat needs to go get Gary Sharpe and get him back with DB. That was a good show.

I used to listen in the mornings with DB and Sharpe, but couldn't stand that Ravi guy that seems to always be on. DB's new partner is pretty awful as well and that is a hard listen even though I enjoy DB. I feel like Hurrdat needs to go get Gary Sharpe and get him back with DB. That was a good show.
Benning is still on 1620?

I don’t personally care about living room pics, but technically the whole point of all of this is to appease the fans since we are the lifeblood of the program.

It’s 2022 and content is king. It doesn’t even matter how meaningless the content is to some. (Kids eat tide pods for content) Every piece or click of text/headline/photo/tweet is going to generate interest and revenue both immediately and down the road. It might not be that big of a deal, but if it doesn’t take away from winning games, it would be a good idea to do it. A lot more people like that kind of thing than dislike it.

They need to get Severe back on. I don't count his Sunday morning show.

They need to get Severe back on. I don't count his Sunday morning show.
I enjoyed Severe. Not sure what his gig is now other than BRWU. Handley left his show for some online job. Some of the jobs in online streaming are difficult for a 64 year old guy to understand.

Some people just need to complain. Thus board is full of them. Generally they have the worst football takes as well.
I agree with you. Complain about almost every commit. And when a kid goes in the portal they get called trash, etc. they may not have panned out to be a good player here but no need to be hateful about it.

Sports talk radio generally sucks. More so in Nebraska.
Schick and Nick was my all time favorite radio show regardless of genre or location. I laughed my ass off every day. Also the original Unsportsmanlike Conduct with Kugler and Severe was solid as well

Both were obviously successful and they all went on to bigger and better things

I could give a crap less if he posts pics if secures and develops good offensive linemen.

I don’t personally care about living room pics, but technically the whole point of all of this is to appease the fans since we are the lifeblood of the program.

It’s 2022 and content is king. It doesn’t even matter how meaningless the content is to some. (Kids eat tide pods for content) Every piece or click of text/headline/photo/tweet is going to generate interest and revenue both immediately and down the road. It might not be that big of a deal, but if it doesn’t take away from winning games, it would be a good idea to do it. A lot more people like that kind of thing than dislike it.
It’s not even for the fans. It’s for the player to help increase his street cred. Or his brand if you speak zoomer.

Raiola is a bad coach. Bottom line. Radio guys are just trying to get a jump so when he gets fired they can say they were right about him.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Raiola is a bad coach. Bottom line. Radio guys are just trying to get a jump so when he gets fired they can say they were right about him.
Apparently someone far more qualified than you to make that assessment doesn’t agree with your view.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
ADVERTISEMENT