ADVERTISEMENT

13th ranked recruiting class

The thing to pay attention to and compare to other teams is the average / player. Teams with a high number of recruits - right now - are going to have lofty ratings but will fall behind as other schools - currently with less recruits - start getting commitments

The thing to pay attention to and compare to other teams is the average / player. Teams with a high number of recruits - right now - are going to have lofty ratings but will fall behind as other schools - currently with less recruits - start getting commitments

I doesn't look like there are that many uncommitted highly ranked kids out there 2021. I would think the ranking holds up pretty well.

Nebraska is ranked pretty high because of the 5 Star and 4 Star kids. Doesn't always play out to be on the money but let's look at it from another angle.
Nebraska is picking up some much better players because of a great Coaching Staff. Hoiberg is very proven and Hoiberg has also made some great hires as well to the Staff.
Wouldn't surprise me to see Nebraska making it a habit of beating out some very good teams next year and making it to the Dance regularly as long as this Staff stays.
The seats will be filled in Lincoln!

Reactions: WHCSC
Sadly recruiting rankings are becoming rather meaningless as players freely transfer these days. The key will be seeing how many of those players will actually stick around to have careers here.

Sadly recruiting rankings are becoming rather meaningless as players freely transfer these days. The key will be seeing how many of those players will actually stick around to have careers here.
Good point.. If a few leave that recruiting ranking goes down the toilet..

Still a lot of work to be done, but I could definitely see a Sweet 16 next year. However, the defense must improve. We can not give up as many wide open shots on the perimeter as we did this year. I think we make the the tourney for sure next year.

Still a lot of work to be done, but I could definitely see a Sweet 16 next year. However, the defense must improve. We can not give up as many wide open shots on the perimeter as we did this year. I think we make the the tourney for sure next year.
No good enough in 3 point shooting metrics imo

Reactions: Red I 73
We were the worst team in the conference last year and how many Big 10 teams even got to the Sweet 16? Don't think we'll get close to the ncaa tournament next year. We're relying on a bunch of freshman to be amazing right away and I just don't see that happening.

ADVERTISEMENT