ADVERTISEMENT

130 ex-Husker baseball players on hand..

FWIW the plan is to win the B1G tournament, Iowa doesn’t plan on slipping in thru the side door we bust down the front door.

Ya know, you should put that on a bumper stitcker or something. That way you can watch it slowly peel away and deteriorate like other things that never come to pass, and feel the sting of the reminder of failure for many years. Sounds like a fantastic plan, Mr. #79 RPI.

Don't hold your breath LOL!

Why would I need to hold my breath? Frost nearly wins...in your stadium...in his first season at Nebraska vs Ferentz 19th...with a bunch of players he didn't recruit, and a true freshmen QB. LOL indeed!

And Francine is 1 - 4 vs Hoiberg. We both know where this is headed in both football and basketball, and I'm afraid you aren't going to like the destination. Iowa fans keep trying to tell themselves they are in good shape vs Nebraska in both sports, but they know that Mike Riley was their salvation. And Tim Miles had won 3 of 5. Tim Miles!!

Remember Ned Beatty in Deliverance? Best find yourself a sturdy tree to lean against and not fight it. It will become easier to accept eventually.

Why would I need to hold my breath? Frost nearly wins...in your stadium...in his first season at Nebraska vs Ferentz 19th...with a bunch of players he didn't recruit, and a true freshmen QB. LOL indeed!

And Francine is 1 - 4 vs Hoiberg. We both know where this is headed in both football and basketball, and I'm afraid you aren't going to like the destination. Iowa fans keep trying to tell themselves they are in good shape vs Nebraska in both sports, but they know that Mike Riley was their salvation. And Tim Miles had won 3 of 5. Tim Miles!!

Remember Ned Beatty in Deliverance? Best find yourself a sturdy tree to lean against and not fight it. It will become easier to accept eventually.
Hoeberg did it at Iowa St and you ain’t Iowa St. Frost lost at Iowa close don’t cut it, btw at least a 1/3 of the team was his guys in addition you just lost your 1000 yd rusher and 1000 yd receiver so I expect things to drop off on offense for you. Could be a long year for the Huskers.

Hoeberg did it at Iowa St and you ain’t Iowa St. Frost lost at Iowa close don’t cut it, btw at least a 1/3 of the team was his guys in addition you just lost your 1000 yd rusher and 1000 yd receiver so I expect things to drop off on offense for you. Could be a long year for the Huskers.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Hoosker Du

Yeah I figured you would respond with nonsense. You're right...we're not Iowa State. Our basketball facilities are decidedly better. Let's see...exact same coaches + much better facilities = worse results??? Apparently in the eyes of dopey Iowa fan.

Or...is dopey Iowa fan...who always says history and tradition of sports programs mean nothing...now on board with history and tradition having a positive impact?? Sorry but you painted youself in a corner, and I made Swiss cheese out of your argument.

And as for the other dopey parts of your argument...you won on a last second FG, after we tied the game with app. 3 mins left. Yes my friend, that was a very close game.

The next part of your tall tale..."1/3 of the roster being Frost's." Gee, I wonder how he turned over an entire 1/3 of his roster, when he had brought in just ONE recruiting class during the '18 season. Yes, some walkons too, but other than Martinez and Washington, both the recruiting class and the walkons contributed very little in Year one. Maybe you're not aware of this, but true freshmen rarely contribute much.

OK, now that I've illustrated your silliness, you're free to leave with your tail between your legs whenever you like.

Looking forward to the B1G Tournament in Omaha.

The Hawkeyes are coming and they are locked and loaded.

Coach Heller, Rick, this is your sixth season here, and the sixth time your Hawkeyes have won at least 30 games. That nice, even, successful number was achieved with a 7-5 survival of Michigan State at Duane Banks Field.

These are salad days for Iowa baseball, whatever that means. And they might not even be salad days, since Heller has his sights set on even bigger things than regular appearances in the Big Ten Conference tournament and regular trips to the NCAA regionals.

You know, it’s that College World Series thing. But, still, that this group, in particular, has achieved 30 wins and counting is very good.

Iowa as of Monday is not predicted to make the NCAA tourney. #78 RPI

Yeah I figured you would respond with nonsense. You're right...we're not Iowa State. Our basketball facilities are decidedly better. Let's see...exact same coaches + much better facilities = worse results??? Apparently in the eyes of dopey Iowa fan.

Or...is dopey Iowa fan...who always says history and tradition of sports programs mean nothing...now on board with history and tradition having a positive impact?? Sorry but you painted youself in a corner, and I made Swiss cheese out of your argument.

And as for the other dopey parts of your argument...you won on a last second FG, after we tied the game with app. 3 mins left. Yes my friend, that was a very close game.

The next part of your tall tale..."1/3 of the roster being Frost's." Gee, I wonder how he turned over an entire 1/3 of his roster, when he had brought in just ONE recruiting class during the '18 season. Yes, some walkons too, but other than Martinez and Washington, both the recruiting class and the walkons contributed very little in Year one. Maybe you're not aware of this, but true freshmen rarely contribute much.

OK, now that I've illustrated your silliness, you're free to leave with your tail between your legs whenever you like.
Pinochle Bank Area is not Hilton Coliseum by any stretch of your imagination.

Reactions: Jay Noble Daggit
Pinochle Bank Area is not Hilton Coliseum by any stretch of your imagination.

I know, it's much better...and holds 1,200 more people. Want to try again? BTW, it's "Pinnacle," and is one of the reasons why we are considered to have Top 10 (in the nation) basketball facilities. We were #11 in attendance last year.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I know, it's much better...and holds 1,200 more people. Want to try again? BTW, it's "Pinnacle," and is one of the reasons why we are considered to have Top 10 (in the nation) basketball facilities. We were #11 in attendance last year.
You’re hopeless if you believe whatever it’s called Arena is a better basketball venue than historic Hilton Coliseum.

You’re hopeless if you believe whatever it’s called Arena is a better basketball venue than historic Hilton Coliseum.

And you are terribly ignorant on this topic. Drop back by when you've educated yourself.

Kick down the door.... seriously laughing out loud at these dbag 10 ran hogeyes.. id be ok if they didnt win another game in football baskeyball or baseball again... they can have wraslin.. tee hee

Baseball America has Nebraska at number 1 overall Vandy
Creighton and UNO at Texas Tech

Hard pass on playing at the overall number 1 again

Reactions: yunginsNU2
@Jay Noble Daggit
Iowa "busting down the front door" of the equipment room in Iowa City to get their baseball unies on moth balls for safe keeping during the off-season.

1 run scored in 2 games today, and getting 10-runned by us. Nice day by your boys. Laughing

Sorry Du Iowa has made the CWS once and with our coaching staff return visits are right around the corner, Nebraska not so much.

So what do you have to say now brotha??? 11-1 Huskers absolutely BLASTED Iowa and then Iowa loses to Minnesota just to get knocked out of the BIG10 tourn...Iowa lose by a combined total of 14-1 today....Huskers looking pretty good...Iowa NOT SO MUCH!!!!

You drip crap...Iowa lost their whole Dline, lost both Safeties, lost 4 or 5 of their leading tacklers, lost their top 3-4 receiving threats and lost their 3 Oline in he middle. Iowa has lost just as much if not MORE then the Huskers. It makes me laugh that you dips keep thinking your next guys up will just be as good as the last guys. AJ Epenesa will replace A Nelson but the rest of Dline isn’t as good as you last Dline, minus AJ.

Your a complete moron if you think the Huskers are looking at a long season with a QB considered In the top 7-10 QB in the country, year two in Frosts system and how weak our schedule is. And most of Frost roster last season was full of freshman and sophomores...do you think they won’t get better or what...did you forget Mike Riley is gone and Frost is and elite Head Coach with great player development??? Iowa is the team that looks to possibly have a long season coming up.

And three...have you not payed attention at all to what Hoiberg has done to the Huskers basketball roster??? Man your a total loser if you just assume Hoiberg will fail just because he now coaches at the Huskers?

Four...Frost losing to Iowa at Iowa in year one with a true freshman QB that’s didn’t play a down of football his senior year but and freshman and sophomores all over the two deep DOES INDEED cut it...it was a 28-31 lost in year one to a coaching staff that’s been coaching for 20 plus years and had an elite Dline...again 28-31 was the score and it took Iowa kicking a last second just to win...let that sink in....year 1...barely lost by a last second FG IN IOWA, to a Ferentz who’s been at Iowa for 20 plus...that spells trouble for Iowa because Huskers will only be that much better in year 2 and Iowa’s about to lose a bunch of production from last season. Iowa’s in trouble....

Last edited:
Blame T.O for this crap...you can't compete with the south and west in the big 10...a short-sighted decision to move us away from Texas and instead move us closer to areas with little athletic talent and a ton of teams competing for that little talent. Why would a kid go to Nebraska when you can't even get outside until April, if that, you play crappy baseball when you are outside...just imagine a blue chipper saying, "bro, I just skipped the mlb draft to go to Nebraska and play in the big 10..., its been 30+ years since one of them teams made it big..." Even god can make mistakes.
right, big mistake. NU just cashed a check for what, $55 million? And got away from the texass elitists who are still doing their best to ruin another conference.

And that was just inexcusable because a baseball program that loses money was going to win NC's in the big 12 with blue chip players who want to play in the cold in Lincoln early in the season? Eek

No matter what conference NU is in, it will have a tougher time getting to the cws than warmer weather teams. It, obviously, doesn't have the tradition in baseball as in football to point to.

So what do you have to say now brotha??? 11-1 Huskers absolutely BLASTED Iowa and then Iowa loses to Minnesota just to get knocked out of the BIG10 tourn...Iowa lose by a combined total of 14-1 today....Huskers looking pretty good...Iowa NOT SO MUCH!!!!
Not looking so good today are they?

You drip crap...Iowa lost their whole Dline, lost both Safeties, lost 4 or 5 of their leading tacklers, lost their top 3-4 receiving threats and lost their 3 Oline in he middle. Iowa has lost just as much if not MORE then the Huskers. It makes me laugh that you dips keep thinking your next guys up will just be as good as the last guys. AJ Epenesa will replace A Nelson but the rest of Dline isn’t as good as you last Dline, minus AJ.

Your a complete moron if you think the Huskers are looking at a long season with a QB considered In the top 7-10 QB in the country, year two in Frosts system and how weak our schedule is. And most of Frost roster last season was full of freshman and sophomores...do you think they won’t get better or what...did you forget Mike Riley is gone and Frost is and elite Head Coach with great player development??? Iowa is the team that looks to possibly have a long season coming up.

And three...have you not payed attention at all to what Hoiberg has done to the Huskers basketball roster??? Man your a total loser if you just assume Hoiberg will fail just because he now coaches at the Huskers?

Four...Frost losing to Iowa at Iowa in year one with a true freshman QB that’s didn’t play a down of football his senior year but and freshman and sophomores all over the two deep DOES INDEED cut it...it was a 28-31 lost in year one to a coaching staff that’s been coaching for 20 plus years and had an elite Dline...again 28-31 was the score and it took Iowa kicking a last second just to win...let that sink in....year 1...barely lost by a last second FG IN IOWA, to a Ferentz who’s been at Iowa for 20 plus...that spells trouble for Iowa because Huskers will only be that much better in year 2 and Iowa’s about to lose a bunch of production from last season. Iowa’s in trouble....
Iowa has the top rated defense in the B1G this fall. You have greatly exaggerated their graduation losses.

Wow... not too many bigger asses than you on this board. If you can’t take the heat when you guys are a steaming pile, then don’t come back at all.

What a moron.
Literally, you seen his avatar? He won't be posting for much longer.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT