ADVERTISEMENT

13 April 2019 Game 30 (DH-2): Nebraseball at Penn State (NU wins 3-1)

It hasn’t been easy nor pretty but we’ve kept the pressure on the base pads and just waited for them to make a couple mistakes. Get them however you can!

Bottom of 8
Mike Waldron pitching
- hit to Mojo, caught. 1 down.
- full count, strikes out. 2 down.
- full count, hit to Mojo. 3 down.

End of 8

Nebraska - 3
Penn St - 1

Reactions: saluno22
Top of 9
- Henwood beats the throw to 1st. Lead off single.
- Spencer strikes out.
Alex at 1B. 1 out.
- Palensky...
Alex Henwood steals 2B.
Aaron hits to center, caught out.
Alex tags to 3B. 2 out.
- Mojo strikes out.

Nebraska - 3
Penn St - 1

Here we go!
Finish Strong RED

Was there a reason why Eddins and Fisher changed rotations for the Penn St series?

It was talked about a little in the pre game (2) interview with Erstad.

I think, the thinking was concerning last week's blister on Fishers finger.
If Fisher was to start game 2 and something went wrong with the finger again, that might have been more taxing on the bullpen.
So they started Reece in Game 2. Less chance of of over using the bullpen with a game 3 looming.
At least that was my understanding :Cool:

Reactions: saluno22
Was there a reason why Eddins and Fisher changed rotations for the Penn St series?

It was great strategy, whether if it was because of the potential blister issue or simply because they wanted to see how many bullpen arms they would need to use behind Eddins.

I actually thought this was one of the best managed series in Erstad's tenure. I thought they used the bullpen perfectly (granted it helps when you have three guys toss gems) and they used the right lineups.

Offensive execution was poor, especially in game two of the series, but they got the job done when they had to. Hopefully the bats heat back up with the weather to take some of the pressure off the rotation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT