ADVERTISEMENT

12 May 2019 Game 45: Arizona State at Nebraseball (NU wins 8-5)

Well, I'll admit, I certainly didn't expect to win this series the way we were playing. If we don't blow it against Michigan next weekend, this probably puts us back in the regional discussion.
Yeah, really impressive stuff by Fisher and Eddins, plus most of the bullpen guys (Mike Waldron's 2 home runs given up today a minor quibble.)

Since I have to be negative about something :p at one point ASU's strikes-to-balls ratio was 51-49. They looked bad. Sure, Nebraska took advantage, but that's Purdue levels of bad pitching. Not sure what to expect from Michigan, they looked good until this weekend. Maybe Indiana is just that great :eek:

Reactions: saluno22
A starter who wobbled against a potent lineup but righted himself and posted a quality win. Three homers worth six runs. Quality bullpen work. Two out hits for late insurance.

As satisfying a win as we’ve had in a while.

Last edited:
Not sure what to expect from Michigan, they looked good until this weekend. Maybe Indiana is just that great :eek:
I expect a series win vs. Michigan. I said it mid-season and I’ll say it again. The Wolverines have one really good win (UCLA) but have otherwise feasted on weak competition and struggled against good teams. Their performance at home in their showdown series with Indiana is the best example yet.

Nice win! I’m out of internet access for most of the weekend but did make sure to watch the highlights. GBR!

I expect a series win vs. Michigan. I said it mid-season and I’ll say it again. The Wolverines have one really good win (UCLA) but have otherwise feasted on weak competition and struggled against good teams. Their performance at home in their showdown series with Indiana is the best example yet.

If we had their schedule NU would have 40+ wins, that is some old school weak Big Ten scheduling.

Right you are. They look awful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT