ADVERTISEMENT

11 a.m games

I don't mind any time slot, really. I also don't mind that the B1G is trying to carve out their own tradition with their marquee games.

I do blame former leadership for not having the foresight to establish these relationships 20 years ago like the SEC/ACC, leaving us no real option outside of the early window to showcase the conference.

If you like the Huskers being successful, you better get used to 11am games, because that's when Fox is picking the big games up out of the B1G.
So Fox has first choice over BIG10 network? Seems backwards, would think BIG10 would get first dibs on any game.

how many national viewers have FOX (everyone w a tv) vs B1G network?

seems like an absolute no brainer to me
I don't believe the games are national, just regional. I would think a regional BIG10 game on Fox would draw similar viewership numbers as the BIG10 network. But guys who make a lot more than I do figure this stuff out. So if they say FOX gets more viewers than BIG10 Im going to assume they are correct.

FOX has first pick over the Big Ten Network, but that being said FOX owns 50 or 51% of the Big Ten Network in coordination with the Big Ten. BTN is third tier behind FOX/ESPN.

Reactions: bigboxes
I don't believe the games are national, just regional. I would think a regional BIG10 game on Fox would draw similar viewership numbers as the BIG10 network. But guys who make a lot more than I do figure this stuff out. So if they say FOX gets more viewers than BIG10 Im going to assume they are correct.

their 'game of the week' (11am), I believe will be national, but I could be wrong.

@scarletred has been a good source on this stuff, so curious what he has to say

It has been an 11 am kickoff for years ....

Not true.

They are promoting their new pregame show and their game of the week at noon Eastern.

Here is the link.

https://www.foxsports.com/presspass...ports-releases-2019-college-football-schedule

They have had an 11am game for years, but it wasn’t when they had their pick of games. Their regional and national networks were behind ABC/ESPN in the pecking order for Big 12 games and they weren’t going to put a PAC 12 game on at 9am local.

You’re not thinking straight.. FOX is broadcasted on all local channels like the NFL games...

BTN you have to have Cable or Satellite or how ever you can get UTUBE....Not everyone gets BTN..

It's where a lot of people are streaming their channels, not just cable and satellite. That is all.

The majority of people that watch FOX without having to stream anything... But I know what your getting at..

The majority of people that watch FOX without having to stream anything... But I know what your getting at..

And I have my local FOX affiliate on PlayStation Vue as weel as OTA. Sometimes the antenna gods don't play nice. It's nice to have that option. Also, I can DVR the programming on Vue.

And I have my local FOX affiliate on PlayStation Vue as weel as OTA. Sometimes the antenna gods don't play nice. It's nice to have that option. Also, I can DVR the programming on Vue.
You seem into ummmm...cheaper TV...have you looked into Kody?

I expect Ohio State to be at 11. No way Fox passes on it.
Sean broke down the possibility of tOSU being an 11am start and pointed out that Fox does not have first choice each week. Fox is interested in tOSU for games in the first four weeks. It is possible the by Nebraska tOSU game that ESPN could have the first choice that week which would probably put it into a night game.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
You seem into ummmm...cheaper TV...have you looked into Kody?

PlayStation Vue is legit. It has a ton of sports, including BTN. I pay for that.

If your asking if I ever stream sporting events for free, then the answer would be yes.

Kodi is just a 10 ft. interface for using your computer as a media player. It's those unauthorized plug ins that have caused all the flak. I've tried many and quite frankly hated it. It was unreliable to find anything and the qual was all over the place. Certainly not worth wasting my time with past the initial curiosity.

I could tell you more, but I'm sure I'd bore you with my tech talk. Let's just say that I do all of tech projects.

Been out of the country for the last month and change.. When will the kickoff for Ohio State game be announced? After Colorado?

NU/Ohio State kickoff will likely be announced on September 16th, could go as late as September 22nd if the networks choose to exercise a 6 day window (which seems unlikely that early in the season).

As for the pecking order of games televised by whom, yes FOX and ESPN(ABC) alternate first and second picks throughout the season. I don't know that it alternates every other week but I do know they each get "x" number of first picks, but regardless BTN is third pick no matter what.

Reactions: jlb321
I would like to see stagger starts (assuming 7 Big ten games during conference season)...if more than 7 during non conference you could have two games at any particular time:

11 AM
12 PM
1 PM
2:30 PM
4 PM
6 PM
7 PM

That way the Big Ten allows fans of the conference to watch basically the entire conference instead of having to pick 1 of 5 games during the 11 AM window...

Reactions: husker2612
NU/Ohio State kickoff will likely be announced on September 16th, could go as late as September 22nd if the networks choose to exercise a 6 day window (which seems unlikely that early in the season).

As for the pecking order of games televised by whom, yes FOX and ESPN(ABC) alternate first and second picks throughout the season. I don't know that it alternates every other week but I do know they each get "x" number of first picks, but regardless BTN is third pick no matter what.

Interesting, because FOX has chose Michigan at Wisconsin on Sept 21 and Oklahoma/ Texas on October 12..Also CBS has picked Notre Dame at Georgia on Sept 21 at 7:00pm.

On October 5th ABC has chosen to pick up the 6:30pm game Michigan State at Ohio St..

If this is the case that FOX and ESPN (ABC) alternate week to week then I could be wrong on Sept 28 choice, but It’s hard to tell who’s pick it will be on September 28th..

You’re not thinking straight.. FOX is broadcasted on all local channels like the NFL games...

BTN you have to have Cable or Satellite or how ever you can get UTUBE....Not everyone gets BTN..
Ahhhh yes. Was assuming everyone had cable or satellite. Forgot those services are quickly diminishing.

Last week the local (Wazzu) ESPN guys were talking about the Pac 12 looking at some 9 am PT games in the conference.
"Pac-12 Conference football coaches have been complaining about late start times — often seeing games begin between 7-8 p.m. PT that for an East Coast audience can run on TV until as late as 2 a.m. ET — for quite a while.

While their reasons for disliking the late-night contests are robust, it appears the Pac-12 might be trying to address their concerns in a ... unique manner.

College Football Talk reported Wednesday that the Pac-12 has had discussions with league broadcaster Fox about the possibility of airing games on the network in the noon ET time slot, which of course would be 9 a.m. PT/10 a.m. MT in the places the games are actually being played.

"We’ve discussed it recently," Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said to CFT."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...c-12-football-fox-9-am-broadcasts/1822836001/

As I stated above they do not alternate weeks, each gets an allotted number of first picks. FOX has the most since they are the primary rights holder to Big Ten Football, ESPN/ABC has a few less first picks since they are secondary, and as I indicated above BTN is third on the list. So it's possible FOX could have first pick for consecutive weeks as could ESPN/ABC. The Colorado game is part of the Pac 10/12 (whatever they are) TV package, all of the other games on Nebraska's schedule are part of the Big Ten TV package.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT