ADVERTISEMENT

11 a.m games

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
BIG10 by far has the most 11 am start times of any other conf. What is the reasoning for this again. I hate 11 am start times. I love having all day to tailgate and get pumped up for a later afternoon or evening game. Plus for a home field advantage standpoint our crowd is much more rocking for evening games. For all teams there is a total of 36- 11 a.m start times that is just for the games announced so far. Could end up being much more by end of the year. So far we are only scheduled for 1 11 am game. Teams like Michigan already have 5, Iowa 4, Maryland 4, Ohio St 4.

BIG10 by far has the most 11 am start times of any other conf. What is the reasoning for this again. I hate 11 am start times. I love having all day to tailgate and get pumped up for a later afternoon or evening game. Plus for a home field advantage standpoint our crowd is much more rocking for evening games. For all teams there is a total of 36- 11 a.m start times that is just for the games announced so far. Could end up being much more by end of the year. So far we are only scheduled for 1 11 am game. Teams like Michigan already have 5, Iowa 4, Maryland 4, Ohio St 4.

Jim Delaney absolutely loved the Noon Eastern Window.

Never understood why they don’t have some east coast games start at 11 EST. That would let us see some games at 10. If it’s good enough for us it’s good enough for them.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Perhaps they don’t wish to compete against the SEC 230 marque game.

The top Big ten game every year is Michigan - OSU and it has been an early kickoff in recent years.

The conferences make money on TV rights they aren’t concerned about time slots that are most convenient for people attending the games

Last edited:
I don’t hate them as much as I used to but I’m a 20 minute walk from the stadium. I know it really puts a strain on people coming from out of town, including recruits and I feel like the crowd does tend to be slow arriving and sometimes sleepy. It’s nice for watching games the rest of the day though as it rarely conflicts with any other good games.

I hate 11:00 games. Not enough time to get properly drunk. Plus, breakfast cocktails like Bloody Mary’s and screwdrivers and so on, give me the morning shits. That ain’t something I want to deal with in row 100 of South stadium. Lol. And since the gameday experience in Lincoln should be geared toward MY needs, I vote against 11:00.

Oh... and it is far less intimidating for the visiting team than a later game. The home fans are barely awake yet... or running to the shitter.... or both.

I don't care what time we play. Just don't schedule all the big games around the country at the same time and have nothing but creampuffs playing in the early time slots.

I'm on the east coast so noon games are ideal for me. Eat a nice lunch, watch the Huskers and still have the day left. 3:30 games get over around 7 pm and can creep beyond that on occasion. Night games on the East coast are the worst. Just forget about having any social plans on those days.

I like waking up and watching northwestern or iowa lose by 230.... do not like watching the Huskers that early.. i absolutely love being in lincoln at night under the lights.. the oklahoma / NU game was the best game i ever went to back when we had suh.. at night and soooo loud.. i had no voice for 4 days after....never forget that game

No college football game should start before 2:30. I know that would be nearly impossible but would be great if so.

No good game should start before 230. Iowa can play Purdue at 11. Got to have something to gamble on.

Reactions: SC_'sker
I'm on the east coast so noon games are ideal for me. Eat a nice lunch, watch the Huskers and still have the day left. 3:30 games get over around 7 pm and can creep beyond that on occasion. Night games on the East coast are the worst. Just forget about having any social plans on those days.

Why would you want social plans on a fall Saturday that dont involve football?

I hate 11 am games too, but MSU was a riot last year. Glad I went.

How many game times have been announced so far? Worried northwestern will be 11 AM...would really put a dent in my plans.

If we get better as planned, then maybe we'll be the 2:30 or prime time matchup of the week. Until then... 11am it is!

I hate 11 am games too, but MSU was a riot last year. Glad I went.

How many game times have been announced so far? Worried northwestern will be 11 AM...would really put a dent in my plans.

NW game time is already set for 2:30 or 3:00 pm..

NW game time is already set for 2:30 or 3:00 pm..
source.gif

Maybe I am nuts but it seems like 11am games are becoming popular again?

I like 2:30(ish) the most because if means you can start drinking at 8am...and if you are having a great time...still party afterwards.

Reactions: husker2612
Fair point. But sadly I do.

Well, I'd rather have 2:30 games. 11 o'clock is too early. Drinking or not. I like to sleep in, run some errands, go have lunch. Be back in plenty of time for the game. I can watch other 11 o'clock games, but I wish NU could play at 2:30, with an occasional night game. That way I could have my evening free to do something else... or watch more football!

If they keep shelling out the money for TV contracts, what difference does it make? When you are talking mega dollars, we don’t get much say in things.

If we get better as planned, then maybe we'll be the 2:30 or prime time matchup of the week. Until then... 11am it is!

From what I can tell Fox believes that the noon time slot maximizes their financial gains and plan to put their top conference kickoffs at this time. So if we get better we may actually have more noon kickoffs

The conference and therefore the teams make the overwhelming majority of their money from TV rights. Game times are set to maximize this revenue even if it lessens the fan game day experience.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...ig-Ten-Big-12-FOX-media-rights-132020272/Amp/

Reactions: scarletred
Reactions: jlb321
From what I can tell Fox believes that the noon time slot maximizes their financial gains and plan to put their top conference kickoffs at this time. So if we get better we may actually have more noon kickoffs

The conference and therefore the teams make the overwhelming majority of their money from TV rights. Game times are set to maximize this revenue even if it lessens the fan game day experience.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...ig-Ten-Big-12-FOX-media-rights-132020272/Amp/

That really sucks for us from a recruiting perspective.

Reactions: jlb321

This appears to be correct because Ohio St and Michigan have a lot already scheduled.

I hate 11:00 games. Not enough time to get properly drunk. Plus, breakfast cocktails like Bloody Mary’s and screwdrivers and so on, give me the morning shits. That ain’t something I want to deal with in row 100 of South stadium. Lol. And since the gameday experience in Lincoln should be geared toward MY needs, I vote against 11:00.

Oh... and it is far less intimidating for the visiting team than a later game. The home fans are barely awake yet... or running to the shitter.... or both.

Pennsy going all graphic on us! Sick ;)

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT