ADVERTISEMENT

10th Time NU has lost by 30+ Points Since Joining the B1G

Message from your eastern border. I know you guys don't want to hear it, but you just need to be more patient with the head coach and the coordinators. It's going to get better, and probably soon. Michigan is predictably struggling because they have a new offense and a new coordinator this year. You guys have high expectations, but I think that has been at the expense of patience with coaches.

Last I checked, OSU has 52 guys in the NFL. They trail only Alabama with 62. Third is in the 30s. They could run it up like that on anyone without a top 10 defense. They just have more talent right now than other Big teams.

If you guys keep losing patience, another 20 years might go by.

BTW, it isn't like us lowly programs don't dream of national championships. We definitely do. I think it is possible, it would just take a run like we had 2002-2004 to get the recruiting classes necessary. We will see you guys on Black Friday! BTW, we love playing the game on Black Friday. It really adds to the Thanksgiving holiday.

First, Dirk is a Nebraska hater.

while that may be true, facts are facts.
Second, Northwestern, Iowa and Minnesota have not won a national in over 60 years.
.. and we are very quickly approaching 30 years, this is honestly not a good argument to try and hang your hat on anymore. not until we are legitimately competitive.
Third, they run systems that grind out a lot of time on the click and they focus on run defense. It's why a good, athletic team like Ohio State pissed pounds them on the regular.

If you want boring, never competing for national titles, and never having deep death, then go and cheer on those MN, Northwestern's and Iowa's of the world.
What's the alternative to boring? Not knowing if you're gonna squeak out a win against Georgia Southern and Illinois? Cuz that shit has been old for a decade.

You know who else in boring? Alabama. So boring, in fact, that they have trouble with attendance because pounding teams into oblivion each week for 10 years has grown stale to their fans. What a problem to have.

Reactions: pmtdc
We can’t compete in this conference. It’s too physical.

We need go back to the Big12 where we’re more suited. Finesse & speed football.

Heh, so sad, but so true. Fluff-ball is all a big percentage of current NU fans care about. Losing to everybody.....so what? Just keep throwing the ball!

Reactions: pmtdc and Huskred01
First, Dirk is a Nebraska hater.

Second, Northwestern, Iowa and Minnesota have not won a national in over 60 years.

Third, they run systems that grind out a lot of time on the click and they focus on run defense. It's why a good, athletic team like Ohio State pissed pounds them on the regular.

If you want boring, never competing for national titles, and never having deep death, then go and cheer on those MN, Northwestern's and Iowa's of the world.

This mentality is why the NW's, Minnesota's, Iowa's routinely beats Nebraska. You get what you earn.

Reactions: pmtdc
From Chatelain's column this morning:

"Since joining the Big Ten, the Huskers have now lost 10 games by 30 points or more. Ten! By comparison, it’s happened to Northwestern four times. Minnesota three times. Iowa has lost by 30 once."

This is what gnaws at me. Aside from Rutgers, who else in the B1G gets routinely boat-raced like Nebraska does? Maybe Maryland? Ohio State beat Indiana by 41 two wees ago - but never led them 48-0. That's the company we're keeping.

Nebraska is doing something wrong. Nebraska still looks like an FCS team far too often.
It appears Iowa us better program.

Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT