ADVERTISEMENT

108 and counting

This day is going to drag. Have goosebumps already and we have hours to wait. Hendricks at home has been lights out! I can see the Cubs get to Kershaw. Thinking about heading down to Wrigglyville. Has anybody been down in that area to watch a Cubs game?

Several times. Now is the time to go if there ever was one. Even better if you get a cab driver who is a pissed off Sox fan

Dodger didn't have a chance the minute a starting left handed pitcher stepped on the mound tonight and the fact that he's an ace pitching in the most pitcher friendly park (dodger stadium) forget about it.

Except, they had a chance, more than one. With that said, the above has nothing to do with what I posted after two innings.

Last edited:
I wasn't a fan until about 99 when I moved to Chicago. But I did live throug
Is it a friendly environment? Any bar recommendations? Also is there motels in the area?
They're in the process of developing hotels in the area, but frankly, I wouldn't want to stay up there anyway. Stay downtown and party up in Wrigleyville.

As for recommendations, there are the historic/famous ones like Cubby Bear, Murphy's Bleachers, etc. but if you just walk down Clark St., there are 20+ bars and you can pick which one is the right speed for you. Some will be packed, standing room only, screaming fun, others will have seating, better food, and still an amazing time. I lived in Chicago during the 2003 run and Wrigleyville was simply magic every game. Sad that I can't be there this year to soak it in.

Reactions: jjensen30
I wasn't a fan until about 99 when I moved to Chicago. But I did live throug

They're in the process of developing hotels in the area, but frankly, I wouldn't want to stay up there anyway. Stay downtown and party up in Wrigleyville.

As for recommendations, there are the historic/famous ones like Cubby Bear, Murphy's Bleachers, etc. but if you just walk down Clark St., there are 20+ bars and you can pick which one is the right speed for you. Some will be packed, standing room only, screaming fun, others will have seating, better food, and still an amazing time. I lived in Chicago during the 2003 run and Wrigleyville was simply magic every game. Sad that I can't be there this year to soak it in.
That sounds amazing. How is traffic and parking in that area? Is it uber friendly ??

I'm really looking forward to the NLCS Game 6...

200.gif

Cubs are around 75 percent to win. They'll be like 45 percent on sat and then like 60 or so on sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT