ADVERTISEMENT

108 and counting

Wow series is 2-1 and your already saying "wait til next year"? I could see it if Kershaw was locked in for game 4 & 7 if needed but he's not. Not a Cubs but way too early to say "wait until next year". Guessing your a fall baseball fan like so many that try act like experts all season. This series is a long way from over. Maybe if the Dodgers win tomorrow you could post that crap. Maybe. But the Cubs win tomorrow, this is their series to lose with Lester going game 5. For all you "fall baseball fans" the Dodgers can't hit lefty pitching. So game 5 is pretty much a cub lock. Game 6 will be Kershaw, so fairly certain a Dodger lock. So tomorrow's game is key for the series

think how much the cubs must have rustled your jimmies to have started a thread like this.

Kershaw when locked in is a tough out, but let's not forget his several October tumbles and even in game 2, the Cubs were a few feet from a Baez Homer from being up 2-1.

Yes their bats are ugly now but this series is far from over.

Wow series is 2-1 and your already saying "wait til next year"? I could see it if Kershaw was locked in for game 4 & 7 if needed but he's not. Not a Cubs but way too early to say "wait until next year". Guessing your a fall baseball fan like so many that try act like experts all season. This series is a long way from over. Maybe if the Dodgers win tomorrow you could post that crap. Maybe. But the Cubs win tomorrow, this is their series to lose with Lester going game 5. For all you "fall baseball fans" the Dodgers can't hit lefty pitching. So game 5 is pretty much a cub lock. Game 6 will be Kershaw, so fairly certain a Dodger lock. So tomorrow's game is key for the series

Guilty. I admit it, regular season is way to long to hold my interest and I watch very little of it, now that I got that out of the way......

"So game 5 is pretty much a cub lock" is what everyone probably thought last night with Arietta vs. Hill, and that didn't work out so well.
"I could see it if Kershaw was locked in for game 4 & 7" I think the chances are better he will pitch in both, than not. EDIT-I know he isn't starting tonight, but a relief role isn't out of the cards is what I meant. Though doubtful I know. But for an inning or two if needed?
"For all you "fall baseball fans" the Dodgers can't hit lefty pitching". Dodgers shouldn't even be here, any game they win without Kershaw on the hill is a bonus, they have zero pressure on them and are at home for the next two games.

Called a Dodger series win before the first pitch was thrown in this series and my son and I have been having a great time watching, as he is rooting for the Cubs. While I'm not a Dodger fan, anytime I can win something versus my son and hold it over him the way a good dad should, I'm pretty happy.

Last edited:

Not a "fall baseball" fan. Ive been to spring training several times and been to home and road games on a regular basisas well as seen the farm teams from A to AAA. Ive followed this team since the mid 70s thank you.

I was very optimisitc. Theyve gone over 18 inninngs without a run. Thats a problem.

Ive seen it before.

I wouldn't lock Kershaw in for a win. The cubs got to Bumgarner who wasn't supposed to be hittable. Also seeing Kershaw a second time will help a lot for these young hitters.

The Cubs just are not able to hit a offspeed pitcher for whatever the reason. I believe it's because they are pressing. You can really tell with Addison Russel. He is so anxious and always getting out on his front foot and is completely off balance. If I am the Dodgers I just keep throwing pitchers that have great offspeed pitches.

Cubs are starting to look like the Husker baseball team in postseason play. The series is not close to being over though...Cubs need to get it back to Chicago.

Reactions: jjensen30
Geez. This series is just getting serious. Its like none of you have ever watched playoff baseball before.....ever. This series could shift back to the Cubs in the top of the 1st tonight. I want them to lose as much as the next guy, but lets all tap the brakes.

Here's my (Cubs-fan warning) opinion:

This team does not lose 3 in a row often (I am too lazy to look it up, but I believe it was very rare this season. They are a gritty bunch and they also came back in the 9th inning several times this season. They will continue to show this character in a pivotal game tonight.

Lackey is tough to hit for the Dodgers and I expect a 3-2, 4-2 type win for the Cubs evening the series at 2-2.

With Lester on the mound for game 5, it will press the Dodgers to decide about throwing Kershaw on short rest again or holding him back for the series to move to Chicago. Either way, there is no a ton of pressure on the Dodgers because if they use Kershaw and God forbid lose to Lester, they are essentially done heading to Chicago needing to win the final 2 games on the road without your ace.

If they hold back Kershaw, they are kind of giving up that game also knowing that they have to win the final 2 on the road, even with Kershaw and Rich Hill going.

You'll see how fast a series momentum can swing if the Cubs can just take care of business tonight.

No one said it was easy to get over a 108 year drought.

Cubs haven't lost 3 in a row since before the all star game. However I'd rather see Kershaw again rather than Rich Hill. Cubs numbers vs. curveballs are brutal.

So I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 ..Here is how my yesterday started....go to the garage there is a mouse on top of my car, try to start my car it wont turn over, call USAA they come out and it wont jump start either so it gets towed, spend half the day at a mechanic only to learn the batter was leaking acid. Just had my oil changed last Wed at the dealership you think they could have given me a heads up. Middle of the day my border collies back legs stop working. He sleeps so do the Cubs bats. Take the dog to the vet and they say he also has a heart and circulation issue. I have to put him down and I am pretty much crushed. Cubs bats are also put to sleep but I dont really care about that right now....Today CANNOT be worse than yesterday. CANNOT

So I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 ..Here is how my yesterday started....go to the garage there is a mouse on top of my car, try to start my car it wont turn over, call USAA they come out and it wont jump start either so it gets towed, spend half the day at a mechanic only to learn the batter was leaking acid. Just had my oil changed last Wed at the dealership you think they could have given me a heads up. Middle of the day my border collies back legs stop working. He sleeps so do the Cubs bats. Take the dog to the vet and they say he also has a heart and circulation issue. I have to put him down and I am pretty much crushed. Cubs bats are also put to sleep but I dont really care about that right now....Today CANNOT be worse than yesterday. CANNOT
Ugh. I had to put my pup down earlier this year. Had her for 12 years. Not a good time. Life has a fortunate, and unfortunate way of delivering perspective.

The Cubs seem to have trouble hitting left handed curve ball pitchers. Young guys needing some seasoning

Reactions: HuskerFiend
That's the funny thing, the Cubs were really good against lefties during the season. I believe NL best, even. Why they've gone silent all of the sudden is a concern. But if you start tweaking, changing, etc., that could make matters worse. This is why Joe Madden gets paid the big bucks. He has to figure out a way to lighten the mood and relieve the pressure from this team. Although I'll say Kris Bryand and Javier Baez are sure showing that they look to be built to handle the pressure. I believe Rizzo seems to have a good approach, but man that guy has had a rough playoffs so far, along with Russell and Fowler.

The Cubs seem to have trouble hitting left handed curve ball pitchers. Young guys needing some seasoning

I get that. It's hard to sit off-speed in the playoffs. That's what happen to my BoSox against the Indians. Cubs have hit a low point hitting but baseball is a game of averages. The Cubs will come around.

Not a "fall baseball" fan. Ive been to spring training several times and been to home and road games on a regular basisas well as seen the farm teams from A to AAA. Ive followed this team since the mid 70s thank you.

I was very optimisitc. Theyve gone over 18 inninngs without a run. Thats a problem.

Ive seen it before.

You may not be a "fall baseball" fan but your a cub fan. I've been a lifelong Red Sox fan. I know the doubt your going thru. I spent many of years doing that with the sox. Just have faith man. Baseball is a beautiful game, in different ways then football. It's not a "timed" game. You always have life until your last out. Hang in their Cubs fans

Reactions: Huskerfan2112

Sorry about your dog. Bummer.

Guilty. I admit it, regular season is way to long to hold my interest and I watch very little of it, now that I got that out of the way......

"So game 5 is pretty much a cub lock" is what everyone probably thought last night with Arietta vs. Hill, and that didn't work out so well.
"I could see it if Kershaw was locked in for game 4 & 7" I think the chances are better he will pitch in both, than not. EDIT-I know he isn't starting tonight, but a relief role isn't out of the cards is what I meant. Though doubtful I know. But for an inning or two if needed?
"For all you "fall baseball fans" the Dodgers can't hit lefty pitching". Dodgers shouldn't even be here, any game they win without Kershaw on the hill is a bonus, they have zero pressure on them and are at home for the next two games.

Called a Dodger series win before the first pitch was thrown in this series and my son and I have been having a great time watching, as he is rooting for the Cubs. While I'm not a Dodger fan, anytime I can win something versus my son and hold it over him the way a good dad should, I'm pretty happy.

-Arietta has been terrible for a while now or at least average. There's a reason he's #3 in the rotation right now.

- no shot you see Clayton tonight. Not with a series lead. Not on 2 days rest

- LA has pressure. It's a ridiculously big city. And that city actually has always supported it's Dodgers.

- but the best part of your post was about you and your boy. Makes me happy as hell to know that baseball is something you and your boy are sharing. That's what baseball is all about man. I can't hate on that. Good luck, but your gonna lose your bet. : )

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
2 all. Cubs will be pretty decent favorites tomorrow unless dodgers change their mind on Kershaw

I'm not a fan of either team, but they didn't get to the NLCS by accident. Dodgers absolutely had to win when Kershaw was on the mound, and did. Cubs had to get at least one win in LA, and did. Won't be surprised to see this series go the distance.

I'm not a fan of either team, but they didn't get to the NLCS by accident. Dodgers absolutely had to win when Kershaw was on the mound, and did. Cubs had to get at least one win in LA, and did. Won't be surprised to see this series go the distance.
The pressure flips so fast from Chicago to LA. Lester will be favored tomorrow and if he delivers it forces the Dodgers to take the final 2 on the road. Certainly can happen but you can see why the baseball playoffs are so exciting.

Game 7 at Wrigley for a World Series trip would be pretty fantastic.

I wonder how many Cubs fans get hospitalized in the parking lot tonight.
Its one of the reasons I didnt go...that and the 5 pm start time....I went to a playoff game a few years back and the entire row behind me was arrested in the 6th inning it was ugly

Dodgers won't have a chance with this extended zone for Lester. That makes him extra deadly.

Dodgers won't have a chance with this extended zone for Lester. That makes him extra deadly.

Dodger didn't have a chance the minute a starting left handed pitcher stepped on the mound tonight and the fact that he's an ace pitching in the most pitcher friendly park (dodger stadium) forget about it.

Reactions: jteten
Still think that day was the right time to announce "wait for next year"? #FlyTheW

After living through '15, '03, '89, & '84, I'll continue to hold my breath with this run like I have before. Always a little hopeful yet ridiculously cautious, waiting for something to go wrong because it always does. I've been kicked in the pills too many times...

I do love how this team is set up for the future though with a lot of youth. Go Cubs!

After living through '15, '03, '89, & '84, I'll continue to hold my breath with this run like I have before. Always a little hopeful yet ridiculously cautious, waiting for something to go wrong because it always does. I've been kicked in the pills too many times...

I do love how this team is set up for the future though with a lot of youth. Go Cubs!

Agree. Too many times they have found a way to lose. Kershaw and Hill are unbeaten in the post season this year, and the Cubs are still the Cuns until they prove otherwise.

That being said, Hendricks and Arrietta arent slouches. Maddon makes very few boneheaded moves unlike some previous managers.

Have to win one of two, but I still say the Dodgers are the favorite based on pitching alone. Im hoping Kershaw runs out of gas or Hill reverts to his old form

Agree. Too many times they have found a way to lose. Kershaw and Hill are unbeaten in the post season this year, and the Cubs are still the Cuns until they prove otherwise.

That being said, Hendricks and Arrietta arent slouches. Maddon makes very few boneheaded moves unlike some previous managers.

Have to win one of two, but I still say the Dodgers are the favorite based on pitching alone. Im hoping Kershaw runs out of gas or Hill reverts to his old form

No. Hell, Cubs are -120 right now to win the World Series and they haven't even clinched the NLCS. Kershaw is obviously the best in the game but Hendricks is more than capable of throwing a gem and Chicago will be rocking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT