ADVERTISEMENT

100%

This is the most we've heard out of what I consider reputable sources about our potential hire since we knew we would be firing Riley.

Actually, Lars Anderson called this more than a week ago. Most here just chose to dismiss him rather than believe he's a reputable sportswriter with actual connections that doesn't go for the "scoop" on a whim.

Actually, Lars Anderson called this more than a week ago. Most here just chose to dismiss him rather than believe he's a reputable sportswriter with actual connections that doesn't go for the "scoop" on a whim.
When Bernstein and Woodward were doing their Watergate investigative reporting they always insisted verifying information with a 2nd source. Lars dangling out there all by himself, (and I don't trust BleacherReport) was not something I trusted. I've not followed his career and don't remember reading much of his work if any. The guys tweeting what they're hearing now I've followed for a long time.

Reactions: HuskAir
When Bernstein and Woodward were doing their Watergate investigative reporting they always insisted verifying information with a 2nd source. Lars dangling out there all by himself, (and I don't trust BleacherReport) was not something I trusted. I've not followed his career and don't remember reading much of his work if any. The guys tweeting what they're hearing now I've followed for a long time.

A 30-second Google search (or merely reading his bio on Twitter) would have revealed his credentials. I don't trust Bleacher Report in general either, but he wasn't reporting on their behalf and his work with BR is not what makes him reputable. The man wrote for SI for 20 years, has published several books, serves as a professor of journalism and is a Lincoln/Nebraska native.

The reason you hadn't heard of him previously is because he's not one of those guys who throws shit at the wall just to see what might stick. He already made his reputation and decided to put the info out there because he trusted the source. Giving credit to LH for lining up and saying "me too" nine days later just strikes me as a bit ridiculous, but to each their own.

A 30-second Google search (or merely reading his bio on Twitter) would have revealed his credentials. I don't trust Bleacher Report in general either, but he wasn't reporting on their behalf and his work with BR is not what makes him reputable. The man wrote for SI for 20 years, has published several books, serves as a professor of journalism and is a Lincoln/Nebraska native.

The reason you hadn't heard of him previously is because he's not one of those guys who throws shit at the wall just to see what might stick. He already made his reputation and decided to put the info out there because he trusted the source. Giving credit to LH for lining up and saying "me too" nine days later just strikes me as a bit ridiculous, but to each their own.
I did the Google search and kind of went huh. I still didn't trust his "scoop" and I won't fully believe the other guys until there's a press conference or Frost confirms it. I'm not giving LH credit for anything AT ALL. I'm talking about the other national writers who are tweeting about this.

I did the Google search and kind of went huh. I still didn't trust his "scoop" and I won't fully believe the other guys until there's a press conference or Frost confirms it. I'm not giving LH credit for anything AT ALL. I'm talking about the other national writers who are tweeting about this.

My bad for the misunderstanding then. Not a big fan of percentage-posting grandstanders as you can tell. Still think credit is due to Lars, but we all trust who we trust.

Reactions: dinglefritz
NU going to also be getting real deal Husker tradition OL coach.

Hope so.

Gonna be a re-vamp.

Get ready for Russian plyos till you puke.

Our OL feet suck.

LH, great to see you. Kinda before my time. More of a Sarasota Husker bond. He's a trip. Luv that guy

RollingLaughWhat, are trying to tell us they are bringing Barney back?
nebraska-lineman-falls-over.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
ADVERTISEMENT